• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 WBL Draft Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
There's two 16 year olds in the top 10 on the email. Also at a glance (only of that email, lol) this draft class is stacked. Wondering the long-term impact of these feeders.

Wolfman21

Theres a 19 year old thats been in college for 3 years, lol. I don't even know how to draft anymore. Good thing i'm at the back of the first round where the talent is gonna be shit anyways. My scout hates the draft. Only like 5 guys over a 2* potential.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
There's two 16 year olds in the top 10 on the email. Also at a glance (only of that email, lol) this draft class is stacked. Wondering the long-term impact of these feeders.
I showed you one possibility. Also last draft blew because some were held out. You have to remember the bad years where i screw everything up too

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
There's a 16 year old in the pool, I don't even know anymore. Not changing it

He will turn 17 and graduate before the actual draft date? Either way, we go with the in-game draft pool from this date, right? I'll make a spreadsheet tonight with batters/pitchers just like the website has, so people who are away from the game can confirm who is in the pool.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He will turn 17 and graduate before the actual draft date? Either way, we go with the in-game draft pool from this date, right? I'll make a spreadsheet tonight with batters/pitchers just like the website has, so people who are away from the game can confirm who is in the pool.
Yeah maybe it changed in 16, the post i read saying they use jan 1 was a bit older.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@OU11

Here is the draft pool, as downloaded from OOTP in the first save, I locked it to view only. If you want to sort, just copy and paste to ur own sheet and do whatever you want. Ratings are based on OSA and players are sorted based on OSA "potential." I can list the player's demand but not signability so you'll need to check that on ur own. Please note that some of these guys do have rather high demands. Consider how much of a cheap ass you are now that some of these guys want between $5-10M to sign.

LINK

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That would be a fair deal bruin, who knows what scrub will be 1-1 next year, Harris is a proven commodity.

cfburbanmeyer_zpsdmdsw360.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Have you checked what Rigger Harris is doing right now? Even with a good 1-1 there is still a strong possibility they'll never end up being a 5+ WAR WBL player.

By "stacked" there are at least 10 players this season that would have been top 4 type players last season, so that's nice.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yes, I traded him for Haswell... that was the point of that trade...

Anyway, I don't think there is an absolute cant miss #1 in this class anyway. There are a couple really nice pitchers, one of whom is probably the best in the class. The position players aren't as good as ALFIE from last year, IMO. Moritz is probably the best of them and I didn't think he was as good as ALFIE last season anyway.

Top 10 in general looks really nice to me, glad I got 2 picks.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I just want Travis' draft list so I know which of his favorite players I can take in the top 10.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Anyone who is interested in subscribing to my draft analysis system newsletter, just PM me ur email and I'll send it to you. It has some custom BTT ratings and organizes all the information the way I like it.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So when we gonna start this motherfucker? I'm at 100% immersion. I wanna send @Mr. Radpants my newsletter as repayment for tagging him all the time. Plus, hopefully if I help him draft well I can pick these players up when they hit free agency!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Im going to have very low internet access the next 3 days so just let me know when the draft starts so I can plan on getting on to pick

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm not familiar with how this all works, so I don't want to step on any toes and I appreciate what the commissioners do for us... but I wanted to ask what the next step on the draft stuff is. Are we waiting on @bruin228 to make his pick, or does other stuff have to happen first? I'm going backpacking this weekend so I'll prolly have to give @Orlando my draft board or something.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
calm down. I told you already, we start when i start it

I need to see how many days we have left in the season.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
calm down. I told you already, we start when i start it

I need to see how many days we have left in the season.

Calm'r than you are.

I honestly just don't know how this works and am asking if I should make arrangements since I'm going to be out of town.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nah i can start it, since we have 35 second round picks it will probably take twice as long.

I usually try to make it 8-10 days from the end of season.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Im voiding mine, but i wont void everyone elses. Last year this bullshit happens though, people need to tell me if their guy is impossible because other than that im not okaying comp picks. I know that's obvious to a lot of you who've taken part, but I'm going to say it a few more times just to drive it home

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Im voiding mine, but i wont void everyone elses. Last year this bullshit happens though, people need to tell me if their guy is impossible because other than that im not okaying comp picks. I know that's obvious to a lot of you who've taken part, but I'm going to say it a few more times just to drive it home
Can/did we turn them off?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We could way back when so i assume yes, and no we haven't but we will after this draft passes

Actually idk, maybe that was for the other ones. I'll check

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Out of curiosity, are there a lot of gems in the draft? Guys that are rated way higher by your scout than what the OSA has them? Or am I wasting my time sorting by SEC SPEED and hoping for a huge bump in batting ratings?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think doh deleted them, but if anyone wants to figure out which picks were traded in the first and second round last year that are now comp picks I can delete them and shorten this bitch.

@bruin228 you're on the clock.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also I think some of the guys are 16 because the draft is technically next season. I'll be moving it up next preseason to October 25th or something. It will mess up things for some monetarily, and when it does I already know how I'll fix it.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Send me ur trade offers if anyone wants to move up, I'll be making my pick in the next few hours.