• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2053/2054 HUNGER GAMES - PLAY OR DON'T PLAY, I DON'T CARE... MOST OF US WILL BE DEAD BY 2054 ANYWAY

Lloyd Carr

image.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Please submit your players in the following format (if you fuck it up I will be sad):

BER sends - 2B Stanley Harris to DIE CHOKING ON EMULSIFIED BEEF REFORMED WITH MEAT GLUE, EAT ARBY'S
FB sends - SS Gareth Hesketh to BUF
BA sends - SP Mitch Wilson to SEO
HEL send - RF Luis Hernandez to UK
SEO sends - Util IF Jean Andre to MIA
NDR sends - RP Bill Tremblett to HEL
DUB sends - 2B Allen Gibson to LRM
MIA sends - SP Ryan Johnson to FB
IST sends - RF Huub "Hub Kaps" Knopps to LIS
BUF sends - LF Chris Casey to IST
LIS sends - 3B Joe Woodruff to LV
LV sends - RF Gustavo Vazquez TO DIE DIE DIE MY DARLING, DON'T UTTER A SINGLE WORD
UK sends - SS (utility IF) Felipe 'Cosmo' Alonzo to BA
LRM sends - SP Yvain Andretti to BER where Rutgers won't play him anyway
KAB sends - OF (utility OF) Dan 'Swan' White to NDR

2054 HUNGER GAMES RECAP!!!

BER sends - 2B Stanley Harris to DIE CHOKING ON EMULSIFIED BEEF REFORMED WITH MEAT GLUE, EAT ARBY'S
Results: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

FB sends - SS Gareth Hesketh to BUF
Results: Played poorly for Buffalo then was traded to LRM (WTF?) where he also played poorly. -0.7 WBL WARS WON. Only 50 ABs but 0.091 Batting Average is historically bad.

BA sends - SP Mitch Wilson to SEO
Results: 78 IP, 3.00 ERA, 1.18 ERA, 146 ERA+, 4-2 Record and 1.0 RELIEF PITCHER WARS WON

HEL send - RF Luis Hernandez to UK
Results: Did not play in the WBL because @NML doesn't have the hunger games spirit and thought he was in the playoff hunt, lolololol. He obviously doesn't understand OOTP programming, had he brought this guy up he'd have made the playoffs for sure.

SEO sends - Util IF Jean Andre to MIA
Results: @TonyGinandjuice gave him 200 ABs and was "rewarded" with -1.5 WARs and a .194 batting average. Douglass Tagg scoffs at these pretenders

NDR sends - RP Bill Tremblett to HEL
Results: Big Bill pitched 78 innings and had a 5.38 ERA, 1.36 WHIP, 92 ERA+, and 0.3 Pitcher WARS WON. Blessings to @Orlando for giving this guy some starts to try to make him the winner. THATS THE HG SPIRIT, may the playoff gods smile upon him

DUB sends - 2B Allen Gibson to LRM
Results: MILLENIAL @bruin @bruin228 wasn't even going to play this dude and he ended up not being terrible. Batting stats were respectable for the HGs at .272/.306/.390 but Bruin played him at SS mostly, where he was negative defensively resulting in 0.2 WARS WON

MIA sends - SP Ryan Johnson to FB
Results: 61 IP, 4.52 ERA, 1.49 WHIP, 97 ERA+, and 1.2 Pitcher Wars Won. Not bad, but not great

IST sends - RF Huub "Hub Kaps" Knopps to LIS
Results: only got 17 ABs for Lisbon and put up 0.0 WARS on a .235/.300/.353 batting stat line. Shame on @Schauwn for not having the HG spirit, may his team be cursed in the playoffs!

BUF sends - LF Chris Casey to IST
In 50 ABs he put up a batting stat line of .292/.358/.438 and 0.1 WARS WON. HG player batting almost .800 OPS and he only gets 50 ABS? For shame, @Lloyd Carr needs to Shame @Yankee151 for not playing this dude more, because he could have been a winner with the right amount of play time!

LIS sends - 3B Joe Woodruff to LV
Results: Notorious hunger games GRINCH @doh couldn't even get this dude playing time when he was signing bums off the street to fill out his major league roster. Thankfully, he fucked over @Schauwn who was also a HG GRINCH so I don't eve feel bad. For shame for shame

LV sends - RF Gustavo Vazquez TO DIE DIE DIE MY DARLING, DON'T UTTER A SINGLE WORD
Doh's other contribution was so loathsome he was killed.

UK sends - SS (utility IF) Felipe 'Cosmo' Alonzo to BA
Results: Cosmo had a good start to the year and looked a favorite, but then faded down the stretch. Batting stats were .255/.279/.296 and he won -0.4 WARS. Was + defense at 3B but - at SS and 2B. @osick87 should be commended for playing him so much. 386 ABS!

LRM sends - SP Yvain Andretti to BER where Rutgers won't play him anyway
Results: Promising player went to Berlin and died. 67 IP, 6.78 ERA and 1.71 WHIP 0.0 WARS WON

KAB sends - OF (utility OF) Dan 'Swan' White to NDR[/QUOTE]
Results: DAN actually started positive and looked like he might have a chance, then things fell apart. 68 ABs and he went .191/.291/.206 and won -0.6 WARS. He played well in AAA and developed more, so it might have been just a year too soon for him. He's hoping for a chance to redeem hisself in the quarter quell when he's more developed and polished.

I DECLARE THAT THE WINNER OF THE 2054 HUNGER GAMES IS Mitch Wilson. Congrats to SEO and @Karl Hungus for obtaining a nice solid pitcher and congrats to BA and @osick87 for winning the #11 pick in the 2055 draft. I hope you all enjoyed the darkest and most nihilistic version of the HG to date. Play again next year and remember to shame the Grinches!

Also, please let me know if you liked having this at the end of FA or if you'd prefer it to be at the beginning of FA next year?