• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2053 WBL Winter Meetings in Maui

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
bart scott for @bruin228 to grab him off the waiver wire and allow JD to do it again.

LEACH-F-U.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Anything in particular you need?

Well, ol' Marcus Never Rude told me to increase HRs and I just realized I signed two guys (at a ridiculous overpay) that make the Dave Kingman of today look like 1993 Frank Thomas so there's a card tip for you. I didn't realize how bad I'd screwed up my budget signing those two donks or I would gotten fleeced by Wolfman by taking on ~$80M in salary...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Dumbass question of the day - if the future drafts are as awful as this past draft why would anyone take on any picks beyond the first round? Also, will there ever be a hard slot in drafts?

Answering this here to keep chatter out of the finalized trade thread.

That was the worst draft in some time. They aren't normally that bad. You can actually see all off our potential players in the feeder leagues.

No hard slot, but make a case for it if you have to.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Answering this here to keep chatter out of the finalized trade thread.

That was the worst draft in some time. They aren't normally that bad. You can actually see all off our potential players in the feeder leagues.

That's what I figured but it never hurts to ask. I'm still trying to get a handle on all of the rules and whatnot but I was concerned if I made a trade for draft picks and I didn't sign them it would be a waste of a trade. Given how weak this farm is trading for draft picks might not be a bad idea but I wasn't sure if there were any changes coming to the draft or not. Until I figure out what I'm doing (other than signing bad contracts and drafting bums) I didn't want to do any draft trades but seeing how much activity there was at the Maui meetings got me interested.

No need for a hard slot unless they really tweak the simulation to account for falls in the draft for college players that don't have leverage. Though, if you did do a hard slot and these guys didn't sign and they became FA you could just sign them off the waiver wire, right?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think they almost always go back into the draft pool. Rad drafted a guy who wasn't signed two drafts in a row(@bruin228 leachfuckyou.gif) and I signed a guy who went 3 drafts in a row without being signed in a previous iteration of our league. Might be different for the late round players though.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The draft works different now than it use to as well. Most players have low potential and develop instead of showing their full potential on draft day. I'm not sure why they made that change, but it's made it somewhat interesting.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The draft works different now than it use to as well. Most players have low potential and develop instead of showing their full potential on draft day. I'm not sure why they made that change, but it's made it somewhat interesting.

They had more prospects with high ratings randomly die in the old system. Supposedly more get big leaps now or exceed projection. The indy devs feel this mimics real life better.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I really dicked the dog this offseason. Fucking lloyd tied up all my money so I missed out on all my 2nd tier prospects and then even the guys I was just going to sign for fun/ringers got snapped up (George Miller)