• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054 WBL Season Thread

jdlikewhoa

FB is so thin everywhere. One injury will probably sink us. It's going to be a fun year trying to shuffle around and plug guys in who can contribute.

It's the SL so I still expect to make the playoffs.

osick87

Community Liaison
I think I can compete for a playoff spot.

Would have liked to get a bit more Power in the lineup this offseason but it didn't really fit into the budget.

I probably should have went after Faz but I wanted to get more prospect depth as well.

Wolfman21

As for the Bulls anything short of a playoff appearance would be a disappointment. My rotation is extremely talented and I have some good players in the field. My one issue is defense in the infield

Lloyd Carr

Buffalo will probably win around 85 games or so.

Could make the playoffs, or could be a game or two short. It'll probably come down to the last sim, where there will be 5 guys vying for the 4 spots.

Lloyd Carr

Kabul (92-70)
Buffalo (88-74)
San Fran (87-75)
North Dakota (85-77)
False Bay (83-79)
Buenos (80-82)
Little Rock (77-85)
United Kingdom (67-95)
Miami (55-107)

I think Kabul will win the division with around 92 wins, and 2-4 will be neck and neck between everyone else with 80-88 wins.

Miami, LR, and UK could be around 70-77 wins. Miami maybe in the 55-65 range.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I think my rotation should be good enough to get me to 95 wins. Bullpen and health will decide if I go over that.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think the riggers should be in that fighting for the playoffs zone again. Was initially a bit worried that I hadn't improved enough (while teams like Cairo, LRM, SF, etc) were all getting better, but then I signed Robles and I think that should help make my starting lineup pretty solid.

I think both Robles and Jose Rivas should also pitch well in the sphere. Dave Meyer is coming off a great year and Terry Morgan is coming off a solid year. Hopefully I'll get a better year from my young pitcher Freddy Ramos, who struggled last season. DOG is solid but never great. That should give me 6 capable or better SPs and then I've still got Jesse Wiseman in the bullpen ready to give me some way better than his ratings would predict starting pitching if one of them struggles. Bullpen is going to be interesting, as it could be a year of flux if Esteve Montes can't play well at closer. Francisco Garcia has never really lived up to his hype. I've got a good Loogy and a good setup guy, so that is decent at least.

Lineup/Depth Chart wise I should have a pretty solid defensive team and the lineup looks well built as well. The biggest question marks will be if Quentin Magnanti can repeat his performance from last year (played way better than ratings)and if Julio Manuel can fight off his MS for another year. I also wonder if Mulia Kusuma and Pedro Chavez can rebound from down years and if Roosevelt Gonzales can have a good rookie campaign at DH and 1B. I've got good depth in the infield and can withstand an injury or two in the infield or pitching departments, but if I take an injury in the outfield it might be a bit dicey. Fortunately I signed that HG dude, and he could play LF if necessary. I swapped my backup catcher for a guy who looks about as objectively good, but has a better bat against LHP, which I think will give me more roster value since I was always short on pinch batters against LHP.

I'm hoping for 85-90 wins this season.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
We're both pegged at 88 wins, but I believe that was before you signed Robles so that may set you apart. Either way, I'm hoping to see the first winning season in the organization's history.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
North should be:

Vegas
Dam
Borg
Lisbon
Dublin
Istanbul
Seoul
Moscow

Top 6 will all have 90 wins

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Schauwn

I'm biased, but I think I should be a little higher this year.

I think the top 5 are going to be really close though...

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
LWMP63e.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The ones on the website are dated 2052.

We always run predictions on opening day right when we pull exports. Then we get predictions with opening day rosters.

Also @Everyone, opening week is Saturday night. I can try to live sim if people are around, but dont want to waste my time if they arent.

Wolfman21

The ones on the website are dated 2052.

We always run predictions on opening day right when we pull exports. Then we get predictions with opening day rosters.

Also @Everyone, opening week is Saturday night. I can try to live sim if people are around, but dont want to waste my time if they arent.

I'll be around

ZackMills

Have mercy
Tanners' goal is 90 wins. Four win improvement, but if starting pitching regresses to the mean, gonna be fighting to be .500. Honestly, just want to get in the playoffs again where anything can happen.

My 3 year old walked in while I was setting AA lineups. "Is this the Tanners?"

giphy.gif

ZackMills

Have mercy
He's been huge in my 3/4 man rotation, likely my most important pitcher on the staff. He's usually the first guy out of the pen if he's able. He logs as many innings as my starters. Gonna be tough to replace when I finally blow his arm out.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He is high stamina and I thought durable. He is a 100 inning reliever easily. He is perfect for your set up.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Before I landed ROBLES, I was actually considering a move to a 4 man starting rotation with pitch limits because I have a fair number of relievers with good stamina now to bridge the gap. Now that I have ROBLES I think I've got a solid starting 5.

Wolfman21

He's been huge in my 3/4 man rotation, likely my most important pitcher on the staff. He's usually the first guy out of the pen if he's able. He logs as many innings as my starters. Gonna be tough to replace when I finally blow his arm out.

Frazer Wenden would prolly wreck shit up for you outta the pen

Wolfman21

Just checking all my guys contracts and extensions and what not. Clicked Felix Alvarado. Dude has played in the league for about 1.2 seasons. Possible arbitration coming after this season. Hes requesting a 9 year deal. Not even permissible by our bylaws, haha. I've never seen that. Caniliac the same. He wants 7 years.

NML

Before I landed ROBLES, I was actually considering a move to a 4 man starting rotation with pitch limits because I have a fair number of relievers with good stamina now to bridge the gap. Now that I have ROBLES I think I've got a solid starting 5.

I ran a 4 man rotation in '45 and we made the playoffs. I had three great pitchers (Bob Nichols, Dr Sad, and Paco Duran), one decent starter (Albert Farias), and an elite closer (Black Magic). It worked well, but it killed Paco's career and he was only healthy for about half the year anyways. I pieced together the rotation for a lot of the year because my guys kept going down. I also didn't do a pitch count.

I definitely think it could work - I think SF showed that you don't need the traditional five man to win - but unless you did low pitch counts I'd worry about the long term effects.

jdlikewhoa

I'm way out of touch. What kind of setup did the Tanners run?

I've considered going to 11 position players. 8 starters, a backup Cather and 2 super utility guys.

Then running with a 14 man staff with low pitch counts for starters (except Bish). I've got a surplus of pitching now but not GOAT level guys. I think some of them can be serviceable for 3-4 innings a game though.