• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm pretty surprised Bucky signed that deal, even though I shouldn't be because indy devs. Requero required 8M per and would only go 5 years and he's 20% as good by WAR.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I'm pretty surprised Bucky signed that deal, even though I should've because indy devs. Requero required 8M per and would only go 5 years and he's 20% as good by WAR.

At this point I really don't fucking care. Wooly is the same shithead that keeps leaving guys pushing 30 and over 30 in A and doesn't get punished. Time to go dormant and really not give a fuck.

NML

Ah okay my bad.

I'm sure Wooly was pretty torn over whether or not to pay the guy coming off only the FOURTH best season of all time $6m next year

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Wait, that deal is still illegal I think. It alternates between 9M and 6M, and we at least used to have a rule where we couldn't go backwards during arb years. I don't think we removed that last time around

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}César Pérez{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}$490k(O){/td}
{td}$3.6m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Wolfman21

Wait, that deal is still illegal I think. It alternates between 9M and 6M, and we at least used to have a rule where we couldn't go backwards during arb years. I don't think we removed that last time around

[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}César Pérez{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}$490k(O){/td}
{td}$3.6m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

the fact that nobody fucking knows says enough

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
At this point I really don't fucking care. Wooly is the same shithead that keeps leaving guys pushing 30 and over 30 in A and doesn't get punished. Time to go dormant and really not give a fuck.
Punished? Are you six? Should we punish the tattle-tales too?

NML

We can all be sure that Fax's legal team went over the rule thread with a fine toothed comb and that the deal is as a close to illegal as possible, but still legal

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I will be the brave one to venture into the rule change thread this late and night to see if we removed that clause. Since it's so toxic in that thread, I may not make it back out alive.

TonyGin&Juice

Punished? Are you six? Should we punish the tattle-tales too?

Will you punish me when i release my entire team next sim?

{tbody}
{tr}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}César Pérez{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}$490k(O){/td}
{td}$3.6m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

There is ZERO chance he'd get $6M in ARB and this fuckstick is doing this for IFA purposes. If this contract stands I'm done.

NML

Don't bother, it's gone. There were a couple other deals earlier in the year that made me double check

Edit: nvm I see you mean the change thread

osick87

Community Liaison
Here take this @Yankee151

51FrUd4Y-%2BL._AC_UL320_SR160,320_.jpg

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Straight from the FAQ thread (which was updated to remove the 5 year restriction)

ARB CONTRACTS

Pre-arbitration extensions must wait until the player has one year of service time and must at least be equal to the arbitration estimate.

If a player has gone through an arbitration hearing, the salary of each future arbitration eligible year must be equal to or greater than the amount awarded to the player.

No first rounders in a salary dump

No future cash in a trade

He technically hasn't been through arb, so this could go either way. But given the jumps from 9M to 6M were against the old rule (I honestly didn't think it was even possible to game the AI like that) it seems to line up. Now time to go into the rule change thread.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Before I go, Wooly should produce a screenshot showing that Bucky was estimated for 3.6M in arb for 2067, which I find impossible.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Will you punish me when i release my entire team next sim?

There is ZERO chance he'd get $6M in ARB and this fuckstick is doing this for IFA purposes. If this contract stands I'm done.
I'll just stop pulling your exports. Same result I guess.

Now you all know why I caved on the @doh rule, so I could piece the fuck out and watch the whole thing burn.

Wolfman21

Wolfman doesn't even remember rad playing

lawd. You wrong. Just admit it. I gave miguel chavez an extended contract and was railed against because of it but nothing was ever done because it wasn't a fucking instated rule. So other people, seeing the way it could break the game, began doing it. At that point, doh started bitching about it and a rule of 5 years for pre-arb was instated which was stopped this past season for some fucking reason. And now here we are bitching about it again because Wooly has what looks like the best player in the league at 25 y/o for ~7mm aav over the next 10 years, lol

osick87

Community Liaison
lawd. You wrong. Just admit it. I gave miguel chavez an extended contract and was railed against because of it but nothing was ever done because it wasn't a fucking instated rule. So other people, seeing the way it could break the game, began doing it. At that point, doh started bitching about it and a rule of 5 years for pre-arb was instated which was stopped this past season for some fucking reason. And now here we are bitching about it again because Wooly has what looks like the best player in the league at 25 y/o for ~7mm aav over the next 10 years, lol

I think that one was a textbook definition of trolling, Wolf.

TonyGin&Juice

I'll just stop pulling your exports. Same result I guess.

Now you all know why I caved on the @doh rule, so I could piece the fuck out and watch the whole thing burn.

I can't export now anyway thanks to the update. :laughing:

Clearly I'm pissed at the fuckstickery but joking about doing anything fucktarded like deep sixing my team or the league. Besides, I actually have some pitching in the pipeline and I'm not throwing that away. After 15 seasons I might develop a legit starter.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This happened in the UBL :laughing: if it wasn't a rule the bitching and gaming started long before you.

NML

The individual rule doesn't frustrate me as much - although clearly we have to change it again - it's the way in which it was handled.

Any time a rule gets brought up, we are told that it has to be unanimous to pass. Well here's the discussion for the changed rule:

@Mr. Radpants life happens, so I must have forgot, but

I think this was going to be the rule as long as 18 functioned like 17. It's a compromise, but we can discuss it further if you want.

Suck it @doh

I'm signing a lifetime contract in Dublin

I prefer lifting the length clause after a year, but life is all about compromise

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Isn't that what we are doing?

Yea I think so

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Do we need salary to equal arb or aav?

AAV right, or better yet whatever they will take.

In the past it's been each year is greater or equal to arb estimate. I don't mind that part because it protects against the random 10/$10m deal. AAV is fine though.

Only three GMs participate and there's no vote.

Just frustrating when there isn't consistency, just like with anything else.

Wolfman21

This happened in the UBL :laughing: if it wasn't a rule the bitching and gaming started long before you.

who gives a shit about the bitching and gaming? My whole point was that it wasn't a rule. Bitching/gaming /= rule

i hope wooly signs all his young upcoming studs to 10 year 5 million dollar contracts so he still has 100 million sittin in the bank and can buy all the IFA/FA and totally own this game and further kill the immersion that has been lost over the last year or so

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
THE DOH QUOTE THAT STARTED IT ALL

Random but I think I've posted about this before: the signing of pre-arb long term contracts is a complete joke. Just an example: look at the deal for Chavez on Kabul.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The individual rule doesn't frustrate me as much - although clearly we have to change it again - it's the way in which it was handled.

Any time a rule gets brought up, we are told that it has to be unanimous to pass. Well here's the discussion for the changed rule:

Only three GMs participate and there's no vote.

Just frustrating when there isn't consistency, just like with anything else.
The unanimous thing is a joke because it never happens. We have made plenty of changes without a unanimous decision. Recently we changed the DL rules and we changed the lamb to 7 games. There are others as well. Commishes also make changes for what we hope is the good of the league. We felt the AI had developed enough not for this to be a problem. Quite a few GMs chimed in, no one really opposed even after I said I'd wait. I forgot after that and still no one chimed in with real concern.

Rule changes are what have essentially driven out owners and every commish that has stepped away. I know you'll think running this is easy, but it is really difficult to make everyone happy and remain diplomatic. Sorry you didn't approve.

I hate even winning the ship at this point which is sad. At least I have the Swedes.

Wooly

{tbody}
{tr}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}César Pérez{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}$490k(O){/td}
{td}$3.6m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{td}$9.0m{/td}
{td}$6.0m{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
:dunno:
I thought it just has to be above the ARB estimate for every year. I thought the example was just to show you could not avg the ARB estimate but dip below it at any point. FYI, the ARB was 3.6M.

If a 3M swing really pisses people off than go ahead and even those years out. I didn't suggest the 10 years to Bucky, it was his starting offer. I was pleasantly shocked. I didn't even haggle really. I just made the AAV what he wanted and gave a little yearly undulation, and submitted it. I even had to raise next year's salary to above his 3.6 ARB estimate.

I once made a contract witg huge year to year swings, 10M, and was asked not to make that kind of swing again. I have never done it since. I didn't think anyone cared about 3M, but apparently they do.