• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2068 Season Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Damn, @Wooly lost to a 4 seed? 4 seeds strike again, should've put your worst A players in two months ago!

I’m on a plane. Without cocaine. Sitting with the lol p00rz in the nonpointy end of the plane. I wanted the Russian Troll Farms to blow me out of the sky and end my misery but now that I saw my no homo BFF @jdlikewhoa spanked dat ass of @Wooly I feel BORN AGAIN babby!!!!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
God this just gets better and better. So glad I have the time to be around for this... Lawd this is good.
Was away all weekend and just reading the posts... this is absolute gold and I have a few posts incoming.

doh

If it's not too much to ask, and provided you aren't busy the entire weekend :Winking::djscripclub: :smug:, would you be willing to reupload ur file from the previous week's sim in order for a few changes and a re-sim of the penant chase, @Orlando?
The sweet irony of this coming from a guy who tried to ruin a league (and was only saved because someone was able to dig up an old file) is glorious.

It's what we've done in the past, tagging the GMs who haven't exported for the final week, have we not?
I had about 3-4 playoffs screwed to not taking exports/not switching from 7-day lineups to regular. WTF world are you living in?

doh

Was also unavailable last night, though I was not up the mountain this time. One thing is for certain, I will never understand the league. I will never read you guys, or understand the unwritten rules.

There are several reasons I tanked the last week, and they made sense for my team.

1) Resting my starting pitchers so I could have them ready to start the playoffs in the order I want. It is even more important when my #2 Hayne is out of the year, and Lucatoni and Ramirez have both had long injuries this year (even though @TonyGin&Juice kept saying I had no injuries for some reason).

2) Resting all my starters so I took no chance at injuries.

@Orlando mentioned these already.

3) Avoiding an NDR matchup in the 1st round. I was not going to play my starters anyway, so I might as well see if I could lose and avoid NDR. Why not? Teams tank all the time. NDR had the best record against me in the SL this year...and several years in my 12 years here. My record against UK before the last week was 11-2 while I was 11-5 against NDR. Which team would you want to play? Why not try to avoid them? Why not try to get a different team into the playoffs? I didn't create how close it was at the end of the year, it was never my plan to tank, I just sized up the situation and took the best course for me team. Originally I was planning on just doing a 7DL to get my pitchers exactly where I wanted them. I do that the last two weeks of every year. In fact, I did that last week. However, this year there was talk of live sims, so I couldn't do 7DL.

Honestly, how different was my last-week-tank than 1) tanking all season to get a better draft pick, 2) not putting out your best players the last week to protect them and set up your playoff staff? Both are manipulating the rosters for your own advantage, including NOT trying win. Why is tanking during the season OK, purposely not trying to win to get a better situation for your team: a better draft pick? Why is it not ok to tank the last week of the season to get a better situation for your team: better playoff matchup?

You know what, I have had people ask me to lose the last week to help them get a playoff spot. Why is an unpardonable sin when I do it for myself? Other teams tank for years to get good players. That makes a huge impact on the league, it affects everyone. And something like 1/3 of the league is doing it at any given time. There is no outcry over that. I tanked one week which, affected two teams under .500 vying for a playoff spot one year...and there is such outcry? Would this outcry occur if it was not me, or I was not leaving league?

4) I can admit when I am wrong. I was convinced Orlando wanted NDR to get 4th place and then he would sabotage my team to make them lose to NDR in the 1st round. I saw a chance to avoid at least part of that. Apparently, that was not the case.

5) I think I should be able to run my team in the playoffs. I think you should take my export. I am still a manager, and I am trying to win a championship like everyone else (except the third of the league that is tanking all the time).
There's zero wrong with resting starting for last sim. I used to do it last 2-3 sims and have tried out different stuff. But to have the quality of guys you had was just a final F U to the rest of the league and a total joke. Especially considering you have 1,000 good minor league level players.

Intentionally losing that way to try to get the match up you want (and allows a team to make the playoffs) and thinking that's OK should make anyone who has defended wooly as a "oh gee, I'm just doing nothing" finally see the light. It's also dumb considering you're 50 games better than anyone else.

That's how you lose. Why would I just put in my backups? I don't want them getting hurt either, and I am trying to lose those games. What is the cutoff for tanking? What is acceptable? I have never tanked before. I will never get the nuanced group things, and the unwritten rules.

tenor.gif

Well, why is it OK to tank whole seasons, for multiple seasons? Doesn't that effect the whole league for years? Where is the calculation for others there? Why is my one time, one week tank. such a big deal when compared to that? Even if it's with really bad players, it's pretty minor compared to what happens every year here with tanking, by lots of teams. As quoted above, people probably wouldn't care if they considered this in a vacuum without the context of who the manager is. Are people being objective about my one week tank? I don't think so. So I don't get to play in the playoffs, but other teams get to tank their way to 1st round picks? I want to run my team in the playoffs.
Because even when teams 'tank' they play their best players. Even when I, and others, have rested guys you play your best available outside of starters.

Is this that hard of a concept to get?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Does Wooly truly not understand the difference between losing intentionally subbing in a bunch of scrubs and tanking for *an entire season* to get better picks?

Last edited:

NML

I know the bashing is going to be intense, but I mostly feel sorry for a guy who cheats at a friendly baseball sim

Good night, sweet prince

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I counted up 7 or 8 Captain traits earlier today as well. I didn't think it was possible he amassed that many naturally but I wasn't sure, I was trying to search the forums for HIGH Loyalty and Team Captain glitches but found nothing.

Save Sabertooth! He was always had good traits.

doh

I also gave wooly a little of a benefit of the doubt that he just figured out some insane way to develop players but even that mathematically was impossible to consistently hit on players.

My main reasoning is we have lots of very smart owners who have figured things out. Who have dominated the league previously like OU. Who have read the OOTP reddit/forums/etc. and to have this many standard deviations above anything else the league has seen was impossible.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
As I said on Discord, I bet he had been stealthily editing players for a long time, but it didn't work so he tried to go all out for a title. Probably why he was so adamant about keeping his players in for these playoffs.

At least we can move on. Thanks to Orlando for doing the legwork to figure this out and thanks to everyone else for being levelheaded about this all.

doh

As I said on Discord, I bet he had been stealthily editing players for a long time, but it didn't work so he tried to go all out for a title. Probably why he was so adamant about keeping his players in for these playoffs.

At least we can move on. Thanks to Orlando for doing the legwork to figure this out and thanks to everyone else for being levelheaded about this all.
I might be really showing my OLD 30-year old age but what is Discord?

And yeah -- just me personally, I wasn't mad as much as I was sad that someone would cheat at this game. Sad that he ruined the fun for lots of JV owners.

That said... it feels even sweeter to come back in the 9th inning of game 7 of the 2066 WS and have Kang go MadBum on his ass to deny him a WS.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Discord is a video game chat app for voice or text. We have one for some of the utopian games, we're chatting a bit about stuff right now on there.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I imagine most of what he told me was true, that he sperged and he did find patterns, etc. Then, I think he got mad that he couldn't win a ship and started to cheat to put those patterns on steroids. When that didn't work he probably edited non-personality player ratings.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I might be really showing my OLD 30-year old age but what is Discord?

And yeah -- just me personally, I wasn't mad as much as I was sad that someone would cheat at this game. Sad that he ruined the fun for lots of JV owners.

That said... it feels even sweeter to come back in the 9th inning of game 7 of the 2066 WS and have Kang go MadBum on his ass to deny him a WS.
Same here with our SLCS win last year, we won on two errors basically :laughing:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I imagine most of what he told me was true, that he sperged and he did find patterns, etc. Then, I think he got mad that he couldn't win a ship and started to cheat to put those patterns on steroids. When that didn't work he probably edited non-personality player ratings.

Don’t errybody Kill theyselfes telling me I was RIGHT. You can just sing along to this instead:

Wolfman21

Just sittin here fuckin laughing my ass off at that series where he had me down 3-0 and the Bulls came back and won. All the sperging, all the cheating. Literally zero wins of any significance from it. I love it