• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2073 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
We can but im still stealthily waiting to play out my 30 year plan to induct PEDER by the VeterOns Committee first

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
We could do an offline veterans committee? There are a few guys who have slipped through the cracks.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Paz went to 8 ASGs, finished 2nd in catcher homers and got dropped.

Looks like 5 guys were each one vote away: Iceman, Paz, Guinea Pig, Munoz, Leon Rivera (lots of steals but career .248 hitter)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
All those guys wouldve been in if I didnt have issues exporting yesterday

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Im okay with an offline veterans committee at some point, wolfman is probably the only person who cared about the stringentness of the hall and he is gone so it might be able to pass muster

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Paz went to 8 ASGs, finished 2nd in catcher homers and got dropped.

Looks like 5 guys were each one vote away: Iceman, Paz, Guinea Pig, Munoz, Leon Rivera (lots of steals but career .248 hitter)

FUCK YOU

Sounds like SOMEONE didn't vote for the all time steals leader (Rivera). I don't give a shit if he batted .248 that wasn't what his game was built around. He was a great defensive outfielder and a great leadoff hitter and he stole bases better than anyone in League history. Dude had over 50 WARS won, which is pretty damn good considering the .248 average!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
FUCK YOU

Sounds like SOMEONE didn't vote for the all time steals leader (Rivera). I don't give a shit if he batted .248 that wasn't what his game was built around. He was a great defensive outfielder and a great leadoff hitter and he stole bases better than anyone in League history. Dude had over 50 WARS won, which is pretty damn good considering the .248 average!

He had dat eye

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I voted for a ton of people. This is such a joke. I think Ricardo not being in is the worst thing I've seen lately

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Im okay with an offline veterans committee at some point, wolfman is probably the only person who cared about the stringentness of the hall and he is gone so it might be able to pass muster

WRONG

Doh cooks up the didn't hit 400 HR post and gets a pass here? And there are others that are strict

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well yes, but doh just has weird criteria. Wolfmad would just vote his own guys and thats it

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Anyways dont worry, Im putting in my VeterOns raincheck ballot tonight.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Also, a rule change proposal to be discussed at the winter meetings, whenever the location is revealed on my holo-watch. GM Radpants is still coming in from outside the solar system, so who knows where we'll be debating this skeleton:

VeterOns Committee
Comes into effect next offseason: A new thread where any owner can propose a player (who is currently off the ballot for whatever reason) to be considered for the VeterOns Committee to be entered into the HoG. You post a player name, then if at least one other person likes the post, you may then post a strawpoll (using strawpoll.me or whatever that site is) that will stay up for 5 days. If the poll passes 75%, that player will be inducted. Players may only be suggested once every 5 seasons.

EDIT: I'd have to double check to see if strawpoll verifies user's votes, or if we would need to use another polling software. Ideally we don't make a new thread for every player suggested

DOUBLE EDIT: Actually, a 'Vote by Like' system could work just fine. That way if non OOTPers troll vote it won't really matter.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|665x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|110x@} {/td}
{td=top|555x@}Miracles Can(ine) Happen
Thursday, January 25th, 2074
Weeks ago we reported on the loss of Luca Alford's beloved pooch - today we are happy to give you a happy ending. A beaming Luca Alford reported the return of family favorite Eddie the dog, believed to have been lost several weeks ago on a family walk in the local countryside.

,201CI couldn,2019t be happier,,201D said the delighted Riggers star, ,201Cwe thought we,2019d lost him for good and then early yesterday evening we heard a familiar scratching at the back door. We,2019ve no idea where he's been or how he got back, but one thing is for certain - we,2019ll be keeping him on a leash in future.,201D{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

This started as a heartwarming story as EDDIE, great grandson of NORMA, was found by NDR's Luca Alford! However it looks like the news reporter ended up being caught in a glitch in the sim, begging the question as to if EDDIE ever existed at all! @Travis7401 @bruin @bruin228

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I am specifically concerned with this line, which seems to be coming from 197 Dimensions up.

we,2019ll be keeping him on a leash in future.,201D

Perhaps 201D English doesn't translate as well, but if I read this correctly, it states: In 2019, we will be keeping him on a leash, In the future(istic) 201st Dimension.

Now, who is him, why is he being kept on a leash, and why in the 201st Dimension? I do believe it is a benevolent message though, given this line:

2019t be happier,,201D

Next year, we will all be taken by HEAVENLY PETE into the 201st Dimension, where we will be happier. Thanks Pete!