• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2075 Season Thread

Soonerfan09

You would t have to purchase it, but I’d be happy to see more than 5 mins a month. This is kind of my whole point. I don’t really want to run a league for 5 people. We haven’t even heard from some of the active GMs like @NML.
What’s the difference between running the league for 5 people on 18 vs 5 people on 19 aside from about $20?

NML

I’m guessing he’s considering not running it anymore

I don’t have a strong preference. My team is good but there’s no competition - I easily signed all three of my top targets last offseason without making a second offer. Now that my budget is high, I imagine the six or so of us playing will just be the playoff teams from now on.

Maybe retiring the league and starting a new one in 2019 might increase the immersion?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’m guessing he’s considering not running it anymore

I don’t have a strong preference. My team is good but there’s no competition - I easily signed all three of my top targets last offseason without making a second offer. Now that my budget is high, I imagine the six or so of us playing will just be the playoff teams from now on.

Maybe retiring the league and starting a new one in 2019 might increase the immersion?
@Soonerfan09 Yes basically this. We have probably close to 10 somewhat active owners with about 6 trying. It is not worth it to me and the OTTO teams ruin the league. Like NML said you can basically sign whoever you want now, although I bid on Mustache!, because of the lack of competition. OTTO teams just sit there slowly dying. This is what he meant by competition @Mr. Radpants

I’ll personally have no interest in starting over, so the question is whether or not people want to keep playing and if so can we recruit owners, possibly from elsewhere, to get to a higher percentage of active owners again.

NML

@Soonerfan09 Yes basically this. We have probably close to 10 somewhat active owners with about 6 trying. It is not worth it to me and the OTTO teams ruin the league. Like NML said you can basically sign whoever you want now, although I bid on Mustache!, because of the lack of competition. OTTO teams just sit there slowly dying. This is what he meant by competition @Mr. Radpants

I’ll personally have no interest in starting over, so the question is whether or not people want to keep playing and if so can we recruit owners, possibly from elsewhere, to get to a higher percentage of active owners again.

Maybe you’d feel differently after being away from it for a few months?

To me the whole fun of the league is having an active owner base to me. I can go and win 100+ games a year on single player mode forever and get basically the same experience as we have now. Not only the lack of competition in FA, trades, etc - but also the board has really died down.

My prediction of the eighth straight year with less posts in the season thread came true!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm fine with whatever. I do think new owners is the way to go. If we want to wait for '20 that's cool... I just think '19 is so cheap right now that if we are going to move, we could now. But we could just skip '19.

I'll try to be more active. Trading is by far the best part of the league.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I can say with 99% certainty I wouldn’t feel differently. I’ll just be a single player Care Bear. There is a lot of work just setting up and getting started and too much time sunk into this one.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm fine with whatever. I do think new owners is the way to go. If we want to wait for '20 that's cool... I just think '19 is so cheap right now that if we are going to move, we could now. But we could just skip '19.

I'll try to be more active. Trading is by far the best part of the league.
We just had a potential new owner buy 19. Also if we try to recruit at the OOTP boards I assume using the newest version would be the way to go.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I’ll get you in for this season. We’ll move to 19. I’ll do it today. We need to recruit if we want to extend much past this season though.

I can't help with recruiting. I have one American friend who may, and he's incredibly funny, but he's also in some kind of high powered lawyer job that he hates, so not sure if he'll say he has the time.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think both Travis and I missed last offseason, so with us + Hayvis we'll have 3 more which should help. A couple more CROOTS clicking and we'll be back in business.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm pretty bored of playing, to be honest. I'll buy 19 and occasionally sim when @Mr. Radpants gets me fired up with some offseason fan fiction... but then I'll forget to export and find my backup catcher playing CF and a RP playing 2B

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I would write fan fic myself, but at this point my only material is Pepe Castro's bionic eyes and the scientific journeys of my narrator's daughters on the moons of Neptune and Saturn.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The inteface is garbage now. I blame @hayvis for upgrading us to 19.

These guys definitely do not listen to WIREFRAME, the podcast about User Experience. WOOF.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The inteface is garbage now. I blame @hayvis for upgrading us to 19.

These guys definitely do not listen to WIREFRAME, the podcast about User Experience. WOOF.

To me it's seamless to me. Everything spread out in different places and millions of drop down menus. Perfect.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That’s how it always was, which was ok once you got the hang of it. But now it’s just hard to even read.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It's just such a dumb looking interface. The large down arrows look awful and then it's TRAPEZOID SZN everywhere. Khoi Vin would be appalled.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We will aim to free agency soon and a more sizable pool will open up. I’ll let you know when you are good to sign players. Right now deal with your arb players and anyone you want to resign.