• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2078 Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Oops. :laughing: Thought I might sign like one of those guys.

Welp, no money left for the major leagues and I have no pitching, so it’s probably Tank City in Dublin this year.

Soonerfan09

We need to get Amsterdam's minor league situation figured out. They've been letting very solid (and some elite) prospects go to FA for a few seasons now.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I promoted a few guys last year. That pitcher that's a free agent now was injured all last season and then his minor league deal must have expired.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Oops. :laughing: Thought I might sign like one of those guys.

Welp, no money left for the major leagues and I have no pitching, so it’s probably Tank City in Dublin this year.

Take some of these picks I can’t sign and one of these overpaid guys so I’m not in LOL p00rz city forever.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm easy one way or the other. Already have it up and running so no probs going over. Hope it's not a headache though.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Is there a downturn of batting averages across the league in recent years?

Rivera won the league lead last year at .330, which seems low for a league leader, given some of the high contact bats that we had a while back. Nail Hook peaked at .396 in his second season, then sat in the .360s for a couple years before settling in around .330 year over year as well. Both Grouchy and Nail Hook received contact ratings decreases that trailed behind their performance dips, but they still seem to be among the yearly leaders despite those dips.

I chalked this up to an OOTP 19 thing originally... from what I’ve seen/heard across a couple leagues, the lower contact, higher power guys (@Orlando archetype) did really well in OOTP 19.

Soonerfan09

Rivera won the league lead last year at .330, which seems low for a league leader, given some of the high contact bats that we had a while back. Nail Hook peaked at .396 in his second season, then sat in the .360s for a couple years before settling in around .330 year over year as well. Both Grouchy and Nail Hook received contact ratings decreases that trailed behind their performance dips, but they still seem to be among the yearly leaders despite those dips.

I chalked this up to an OOTP 19 thing originally... from what I’ve seen/heard across a couple leagues, the lower contact, higher power guys (@Orlando archetype) did really well in OOTP 19.
Not the ones I’ve had.
Halim bin Yasar sucked aside from being the World Series MVP in ‘75.
Maurílio Gesteiras had two decent seasons with me and two really good seasons since.
Ben Nolan has been pretty solid though.
I guess they’ve been better in years past, but not great.
Than

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

On the "league index" page you can see BA by league by year.

Since '68 in WL: 260, 263, 263, 261, 265, 269, 269, 269, 256, 261, 264
Since '68 in TL: 245, 250, 253, 259, 262, 264, 270, 271, 265, 261, 263

Looks like we had an offensive wave then it went back down.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
They have ERAs by year too. 2067 we had a league low ERA of 3.36 in WL. That same year TL had a 3.80 which is their league low.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I’m not sure if it’s still set up this way, but we had some dynamic setting for the league where it would trend towards pitching and then hitting.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If there's another code going, I'll take it. I'd like to have two, just to stop someone else having one and create some more tension/arguments.

Soonerfan09

tenor.gif

Soonerfan09

Karl was laying low from the mid 60s - early 70s. Now he sits atop the WL.
I’m more concerned with Dublin having no money but spending 30M on relievers.