• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 DRAFT EXTRAVAGANZA!

DO YOU WANT A LIVE DRAFT 1st ROUND?

• Total voters

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Travis7401 - Just to check my analysis is on with this. My scout rates Angelo Gomez as pretty decent for a 5th rounder. On examination though, his OPS in his final year is lower than previous years, but still at a healthy .842. However when you look at the year long 2080 stats, he has a massively cold start but finishes with a couple of months batting at about 1.2 OPS (probably why my scout likes him). Outfield range is slightly down, but nothing I don't see in a lot of WBL starters. With a couple of bumps, I reckon he could get to the show. No character concerns. What am I making a mistake with :) -

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_2562.html

Angelo.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He was on my draft list! (because my list is ur list?)

To me, that's about the best ur gonna do in the 5th round. Even if he reaches your scout's potential he's probably not going to be a productive WBL player with a GREENS AND YELLOWS bat and a liability in the field, GREENS AND YELLOWS play fine when they are good fielders and BLUES AND GREENS play fine when they are liabilities in the field, but the combo doesn't typically do that great. Still, he'll be a productive player in the minors and he's got as good a shot as anyone in the 5th round!

Pretty similar to my boy EMERY STEELE I took last year in the 5th, my scout has his bat a good bit higher in contact/etc similar to how your scout rates your guy higher. Steele hit well in A, got promoted to AA in June and finished well there. He'll start in AA this season and then move to AAA in june probably. I'm sure he'll do well there too and then he'll get sad when he realizes he's blocked by better corner OFs in my system. He'll hang around for a while in AAA as a backup in case of catastrophic injury plague and then I'll cut him when his range drops.
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_3679.html

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He was on my draft list! (because my list is ur list?)

To me, that's about the best ur gonna do in the 5th round. Even if he reaches your scout's potential he's probably not going to be a productive WBL player with a GREENS AND YELLOWS bat and a liability in the field, GREENS AND YELLOWS play fine when they are good fielders and BLUES AND GREENS play fine when they are liabilities in the field, but the combo doesn't typically do that great. Still, he'll be a productive player in the minors and he's got as good a shot as anyone in the 5th round!

Pretty similar to my boy EMERY STEELE I took last year in the 5th, my scout has his bat a good bit higher in contact/etc similar to how your scout rates your guy higher. Steele hit well in A, got promoted to AA in June and finished well there. He'll start in AA this season and then move to AAA in june probably. I'm sure he'll do well there too and then he'll get sad when he realizes he's blocked by better corner OFs in my system. He'll hang around for a while in AAA as a backup in case of catastrophic injury plague and then I'll cut him when his range drops.
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_3679.html

Nice to know. I'm just pleased I have finally learned how to analyse a player!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The only pick of yours I didn't like was the guy you took with your second first round pick. I know your scout REALLY likes him, but I think he probably would have been there in the 3rd.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The only pick of yours I didn't like was the guy you took with your second first round pick. I know your scout REALLY likes him, but I think he probably would have been there in the 3rd.

My favourite pick is Dr Evil. If I'd have learned what I knew when I took Dr Evil I would never have picked Cairos. Evil's batting stats are off the charts in the last half of 2080, he "doesn't just listen - He takes notes", and he's got great defensive stats, and base runs like a streak of piss. I'm betting some of those 50 bats get a little bit higher, but he can already beat Jordon to my CF and I love the way he's performed in the WBL.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I get tagged I draft. Isn’t this Tony’s job?

You can have whatever BUM I drafted or my third next year, which will be higher.
Tony did his part. The trade just wasn’t made on the site. I really don’t care. My fault for not noticing.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Probably my fault for not including the draft site link in the OP or providing enough notice that the draft was coming!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think Orlando should have Sweden institute a mandatory service requirement for all Swedes. With that as a legal requirement in 2081, the O's would be forced to pull them from the draft pool and put them all on his team to see if he could win with all Swedes! I bet he could do it if he wasn't having to do 2 good players for 1 bad swede players all the time, lol.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah. He seemed pretty reluctant to even move him honestly. I traded him my best player though. And like all Swedes, Torkel died. Can’t wait for him to be rescouted and have all yellows.