• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 DRAFT EXTRAVAGANZA!

DO YOU WANT A LIVE DRAFT 1st ROUND?

• Total voters

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus I was also told by Otto that I would have compensation for not being able to sign my mistake pick 1st rounder two years ago too, that never materialised....

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I saw that you cut him, hahaha

That SPITE maneuver plus the fact that the my 1st and 2nd round picks wanted a combined $12M in signing money almost came back to bite me! Fortunately, I'm a GROWN ASS MANAGER who doesn't need to be coddled by the Os and I managed to sign my players and place them on my minor league teams without help by making the playoffs and dipping into my dev/scouting budgets in the offseason! @TonyGin&Juice can't even manage to secure his draft picks when you put them on his team for him! SMDH

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
That SPITE maneuver plus the fact that the my 1st and 2nd round picks wanted a combined $12M in signing money almost came back to bite me! Fortunately, I'm a GROWN ASS MANAGER who doesn't need to be coddled by the Os and I managed to sign my players and place them on my minor league teams without help by making the playoffs and dipping into my dev/scouting budgets in the offseason! @TonyGin&Juice can't even manage to secure his draft picks when you put them on his team for him! SMDH

@TonyGin&Juice is so bad. I don't see why the league puts up with people that can't even maintain a budget to sign draft picks.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@TonyGin&Juice is so bad. I don't see why the league puts up with people that can't even maintain a budget to sign draft picks.

How about the two of yous get off my nuts before I start charging you both rent for tryin’ to be close to greatness. I didn’t release these fucking guys and the INDY PIG DEVS are the ones that fucked up the draft so call them up and complain. Again, pay attention slapnuts - I had plenty of money to sign all of these BUMS but the fucking game put them on the list multiple times so I couldn’t.

You two makin’ me want to have JAR run this team.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll get you next time I sim if Karl doesn't. I only got a few guys in the offseason because there were so many

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
You only fixed a few of the many draft picks that were glitched?

Some of them are definitely “who cares” (read: anyone beyond the third or fourth round) but some of these guys WERE signed but still got released because INDY DEV PIGS gonna INDY DEV PIG.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah basically, it's too difficult to determine at glance value who is bugged so I mostly relied on people self-reporting it

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I think Tony's guy was a third rounder so might have been missed. That said, if you DO have a guy who had to be O'signed because of @indydevpigs you will need to offer him a minor-league extension or put him on the 40. As far as I know we haven't found away to put those guys into an org on anything but a one-year minors contract.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'll be at work until 11ish EST

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's 4am where I am, so impossible for me (although it doesn't matter who I pick or how well my system is doing, because my prospects all turn to shit anyway).

I would vote for a Saturday daytime start.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The most frustrating part of the draft for me is the 1st round, because people will take the full 12 hours, killing immersion for everyone else. For me, the most fun part of the draft is from round 5 on when most of the people who don't care are on OTTO and the people who do care are drafting pretty rapidly. The first round SHOULDN'T be the biggest drag, but it is. In order to have a DRAFT EXTRAVAGANZA, people are going to need to come to terms with the fact that not everyone will be able to attend (maybe even me!). Therefore, EVERYONE should pre-study and build a draft board through their first pick (ie if you pick 8th, make sure you make a TOP 8 DRAFT BOARD). With the draft coverage and the draft tool I have already provided, this shouldn't be difficult. I know this would be a huge change for the WBL and ya'll are resistant to change. So lets talk about the PROS and CONS of building a draftboard so that most/half the league can have a fun live event.

Con: You'll have to actually look at the draft class in order to build a draft board.
Con: If the live event happens when you aren't able to attend, your pick will come from your draft board.

Pro: You'll get my draft tool to help you analyze the class
Pro: You'll get my draft analysis to help build IMMERSION
Pro: The people who can attend the live draft will get the experience of watching the entire first round of the draft in about an hour
Pro: A WBL social event!

If we do a live draft, I will provide my draft tool and an analysis thread like this every year because it helps me stay IMMERSED AF to build a draft board. If we keep doing the normal boring AF 1st round draft where you time HAVE NOTS kill my immersion and it is unlikely that I'll do a draft tool or analysis because it is hard for me to care enough.

So, I made a poll in the beginning of the thread. LIVE DRAFT or NO LIVE DRAFT. If you agree to LIVE DRAFT, then you agree to build a draft board if you are unable to attend.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If we get a good solid YES vote from the league, then we can discuss a day. Any day/time that the most people can attend works for me, but I would suggest waiting until at least Thursday at the earliest so people have time to make their DRAFT BORD

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I would love to attend. I am only constricted by the time of day here. I usually am in bed at 11:30 gmt Or 5:30 Karl time.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I voted no. I'm not building a list, that's boring and kills all fun to go on list Otto the best event of the entire game.

Also, I was the original BUILD A LIST SO YOU DON'T HOLD UP THE DRAFT nazi before Tagg was even a twinkle in his daddy Travis eye and it's the ONLY shtick I've ever dropped because one day I tried building a list and IT SUCKED.

What is a live draft anyway? Are we meeting in person at the Travis house and awkwardly talking about Elway and Jar with Google sheets open eating brats? This makes no sense.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Being in this league massively reminds me of when the whole family used to play "chase the ace" with the grandparents, and fucking woe be tide if anyone suggested a rule change.