• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 Season Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The way I'm acting? How about everyone other than the one reasonable player, Yankee, having selective memories and treating me like I should just eat my turd and get on with it.

Did you just skip the part where I said we'd handle it the way similar cases were handled? I just didn't know the outcomes.

I think we'll need a video of you eating the most disgusting British food possible, and then I'll share a video of me clicking the "unretire" button.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Did you just skip the part where I said we'd handle it the way similar cases were handled? I just didn't know the outcomes.

I think we'll need a video of you eating the most disgusting British food possible, and then I'll share a video of me clicking the "unretire" button.

I always skip the part that doesn't fit my narrative. Now let me rage.

Wolfman21

I obviously don't mean it you silly prick.

Typical millenial....says something dumbfuck, gets called on it, then says, "well i obvi didnt mean it though"

I bet youre the type of person that doesnt even eat your cousins ass after hes done suckin your dick

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@Karl Hungus - The

Then I honestly think I'm out if there's no compensation. This game is just making me frustrated and eating my time.
Thanks for reminding these fucking fuckwits that they were actually reasonable to other people that this happened to. Seems like one rule for everyone else and another for me.

I will legit give you one of my remaining STUDS if you'll go two seasons without threatening to quit. @Os let me know if this is allowed.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@hayvis, I'm sorry that sucks I think most of us have had that happen at some point. I know it sucks when it happens to you, but that sort of randomness is what adds variety to the league. Otherwise Doh would just win the ship every year. I think you had an awesome offseason and you obviously know what you're doing now. At this point the training wheels are fully off and you're doing everything without help! You'll compete for a playoff spot this season, but might not make it because Yankee is on the rise and the other teams have all made strong steps forward. I think the TL will be much better this season and you'll finish somewhere between 3rd and 6th! I know the prospect of a 6th place finish after making the playoffs sounds bad, but trust me that being a borderline playoff team is probably the most fun you can have in this game. That's the reason so many long time GMs tank or do mini-tanks, because the rebuild is the most fun part.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Typical millenial....says something dumbfuck, gets called on it, then says, "well i obvi didnt mean it though"

I bet youre the type of person that doesnt even eat your cousins ass after hes done suckin your dick

Millennial???? Lawd :laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Join me watching Day 2 of the XFL! The Los Angles Wampuscats corches are getting FIRED UP. They asked him to confirm his pick and he replied HELL YEA!

Everyone wondering why TRENT RICHARDSON hasn't been selected yet... Because he averaged 2.9 ypc... in TH AAF!

TonyGin&Juice

@hayvis, I'm sorry that sucks I think most of us have had that happen at some point. I know it sucks when it happens to you, but that sort of randomness is what adds variety to the league. Otherwise Doh would just win the ship every year. I think you had an awesome offseason and you obviously know what you're doing now. At this point the training wheels are fully off and you're doing everything without help! You'll compete for a playoff spot this season, but might not make it because Yankee is on the rise and the other teams have all made strong steps forward. I think the TL will be much better this season and you'll finish somewhere between 3rd and 6th! I know the prospect of a 6th place finish after making the playoffs sounds bad, but trust me that being a borderline playoff team is probably the most fun you can have in this game. That's the reason so many long time GMs tank or do mini-tanks, because the rebuild is the most fun part.

How many times have I had a fire sale, tanked, not gotten the 1-1, made some (at the time) questionable trades that worked out, and still had competitive teams and FUN during the process? Hell, right now I'm debating just FIRE SALING the "talent" I have left on the WBL squad and legit going all in for the 1-1 next draft. After five straight years of making the paloffs and never getting to the BIG DANCE for a third time it's time to take the budget hit, stock up on arms and defense, and see if I can turn this organization into a Tampa Bay Rays-esque low budget talent maker that's competitive but doesn't have any true overpaid superstars.

TonyGin&Juice

@hayvis there are actually worse things than a guy suddenly retiring to do something dumb like play golf. In fact, I just had this happen - Gavril Ijorsky, one of the only guys my scout Niek Ploeg liked that I had high hopes for as a legit #1 starter, just had a "setback" in his recovery and is out for the next season. The last time I had this happen the guy never came back but didn't have the decency to retire and allow me to give up any hope of him coming back as a legit WBL player. Would much rather these guys just throw in the towel than drag things out like Mike Prior.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Everyone has had a top player/prospect die. Career ending injuries used to be way more prevalent and would happen to players with no history. I don’t remember these players getting revived, but I believe the other sport story lines were. I think you’ll lose their control though.

TonyGin&Juice

Everyone has had a top player/prospect die. Career ending injuries used to be way more prevalent and would happen to players with no history. I don’t remember these players getting revived, but I believe the other sport story lines were. I think you’ll lose their control though.

I had that one season, before we decreased the injuries, where every single position player with defense over 30 got a season ending injury and two of my two pitchers had their control drop from 60/65 to 30 in a single sim. Pretty sure that's what brought about that Lu-Randy Gadd salary dump that sent me to the basement the last time.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’m not sure we ever actually decreased injuries. I think all the career ending injuries were before your time.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I had that one season, before we decreased the injuries, where every single position player with defense over 30 got a season ending injury and two of my two pitchers had their control drop from 60/65 to 30 in a single sim. Pretty sure that's what brought about that Lu-Randy Gadd salary dump that sent me to the basement the last time.

That was just Wooly destroying all of his SL competition!

Soonerfan09

After Hayvis, can we not revive players if they get this storyline?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm interested to see the reaction when something actually bad happens, lol. I was gonna offer you a 2nd rounder in a trade for him earlier in the off season because I felt bad you wasted a top 8 pick on a barely even a corner infielder with a green and yellow bat and LOW adaptability.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
To elaborate, the only relevant information is that he was lost to an off-field storyline. That should handled with consistency. The league is piling on you and that’s messed up to a certain extent, but you bring that upon yourself. Same thing happened with wooly and others. If you want to play that role, you have to accept how people will treat it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm interested to see the reaction when something actually bad happens, lol. I was gonna offer you a 2nd rounder in a trade for him earlier in the off season because I felt bad you wasted a top 8 pick on a barely even a corner infielder with a green and yellow bat and LOW adaptability.

Bill McAllen? If I wasn't going to receive a GOAT from @TonyGin&Juice , I would get really angry with you for suggesting that @doh 's favourite player of mine was a BUM....

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
McAllen was blocked by better players like ur 4 WAR STUD AVILLA that I convinced you to move to 3B in the first place! Now THAT is even a corner INFIELDER! If you want a bigger bat, then you got MATT WALLS! McAllen saw this and knew he'd be riding a bus to loathsome AAA cities for the next 4 years. It's no wonder he decided to try his hand on the pro golf tour!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
McAllen was blocked by better players like ur 4 WAR STUD AVILLA that I convinced you to move to 3B in the first place! Now THAT is even a corner INFIELDER! If you want a bigger bat, then you got MATT WALLS! McAllen saw this and knew he'd be riding a bus to loathsome AAA cities for the next 4 years. It's no wonder he decided to try his hand on the pro golf tour!

McAllen was better than everybody else. I was going to call him up mid season on the advice of @doh .