• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I start most college guys in AA. Worked for CHIVERS who had success in a COFFEE CUP his first year as a pro. That said, A isn't the worst idea for him for a couple of months

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He good enough for AA based on his college stats. Starting him in A is fine, but don’t make him spend a whole season

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I have to put some in AA in order not to block my massive amount of shitty A ball lifers.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
FUCKING OTTO. I mean it was a difficult ask but to fucking pull Magano and replace him with fucking Garcia in the clutch. And Pob was doing ok, and pulled for Troost. Fucking bullshit.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Is there a way to get the full line scores, as I want to see how badly Otto fucked over my pitching staff?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I swear @Karl Hungus , that Magano wasn't pitching in the 8th on the live sim. It looks like a normal game in the game log, but in the live sim Magano was pitching before Troost. Else why would I have said earlier in this thread, before the end of the sim?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever download it until there's a post.

No one gets league announcements. There's just a new post in that thread.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever download it until there's a post.

No one gets league announcements. There's just a new post in that thread.

My notification warning on utopia doesn't go off for threads that I haven't visited in the last few hours. I assumed it was up.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yes, if you download while I'm still uploading it could damage the file.

Cool. Will pay more attention. Utopia thread notifications have been broken for me forever. I normally wake up way after the file is posted so am used to just checking to see if it's there.

On another note, not that it matters, as I lost fair and square, but the live sim had Garcia pitching in the 8th, and has Magano in the log. It absolutely did not happen the way it's told in the log.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I didn't lose?

Be happy @hayvis you weren't around pre-DH. The CPU would double switch out your best hitter for no reason at all.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I didn't lose?

Be happy @hayvis you weren't around pre-DH. The CPU would double switch out your best hitter for no reason at all.

Oh well. You won, which I'm quite unsurprised about. It just does my head in a bit that the live sim had different pitching to the game log. How does that even work in the game logic?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm not sure you have the right mentality for this game @hayvis, and I'm not saying that to be mean at all. You made the playoffs as a 4th seed and took the #1 seed to seven games, you should find a way to be happy about this instead of stewing about a CPU pitching change decision when you were already down by multiple runs late in the game (and didn't end up scoring again anyway). I mean it the CPU does some odd stuff, but it is ultimately based on strategies you set and how tired players are... It was completely immaterial anyway, as you didn't lose because of that switch.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm not sure you have the right mentality for this game @hayvis, and I'm not saying that to be mean at all. You made the playoffs as a 4th seed and took the #1 seed to seven games, you should find a way to be happy about this instead of stewing about a CPU pitching change decision when you were already down by multiple runs late in the game (and didn't end up scoring again anyway). I mean it the CPU does some odd stuff, but it is ultimately based on strategies you set and how tired players are... It was completely immaterial anyway, as you didn't lose because of that switch.

Haha. You hate criticism of the game, @Travis7401 - You are usually so immersed you take it personally when I rag the game logic etc... I'm perfectly happy, and enjoyed it. The game is just the usual bollocks that you get with vidya games, and I never live the sim fully.

You trying to drive me off, as that would be some fucked up mega ironic shit?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Haha. You hate criticism of the game, @Travis7401 - You are usually so immersed you take it personally when I rag the game logic etc... I'm perfectly happy, and enjoyed it. The game is just the usual bollocks that you get with vidya games, and I never live the sim fully.

You trying to drive me off, as that would be some fucked up mega ironic shit?

I'm not trying to drive you off, I'm just suggesting changing your mentality/outlook so that you aren't obsessing and getting upset. I just can't imagine how incensed you will be when you lose when you're actually favored!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Even if @hayvis miss he can't miss, because he can either score the biggest upset in WBL history, or complain about how the league is RIGGED FOR THE HAVES all offseson!

Well you do understand. @Travis7401 , as you wouldn't have written this. The game is a fix and a turd, but I am going to stay in this league simply to piss you all off until I am playing only Otto.

GO RIGGERS!!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

I have semi-semi-srsly raged about game AI as well.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Cool. Will pay more attention. Utopia thread notifications have been broken for me forever. I normally wake up way after the file is posted so am used to just checking to see if it's there.

On another note, not that it matters, as I lost fair and square, but the live sim had Garcia pitching in the 8th, and has Magano in the log. It absolutely did not happen the way it's told in the log.
It can only happen the way that it is in the log, but sometimes the live sim skips an update.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It can only happen the way that it is in the log, but sometimes the live sim skips an update.
The live sim had Garcia closing out the game and the log didn't have Garcia pitching at all. Does this fit with what you're saying?