• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The live sim had Garcia closing out the game and the log didn't have Garcia pitching at all. Does this fit with what you're saying?
I didn’t see the live sim, so I can’t really say. The game log shows Garcia pitching though.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It’s always easy to lose it about the AI in the playoffs when you watch it happen. Everyone has been there. It’s not doing anything different than it did all year though, so if you are sensitive to it you really need to micro manage your strategy for the playoffs. For example give the guy with 55 stamina a longer leash in the playoffs. 55 should be able to go 100+ pitches.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
uhhh... it was smart for your manager to pull Magano, lol, he'd already given up 3 runs! AI kept him in for the LHB and SHB to start the inning (and he gave up a hit) and then switched to a RHP to go up against the next player who was a RHB.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
uhhh... it was smart for your manager to pull Magano, lol, he'd already given up 3 runs! AI kept him in for the LHB and SHB to start the inning (and he gave up a hit) and then switched to a RHP to go up against the next player who was a RHB.

Don't come at me with fancy shit. I think you need to understand this from my perspective coming from a background of no baseball, being a bad loser and wanting everything to be something or somebody else's fault. Ur making this worse.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
In general I think AI leaves pitchers in too long, but that might just be my settings.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
FUCKING OTTO. I mean it was a difficult ask but to fucking pull Magano and replace him with fucking Garcia in the clutch. And Pob was doing ok, and pulled for Troost. Fucking bullshit.

If you don't understand, then how can you be so upset about it? That's the part I don't get? I probably shouldn't even get into this trap, but I'll quote your original post and explain the managerial decisions that were made.

1. A. Pobiruhin was already over 90 pitches and was fading and gotten beaten up in the 5th inning, giving up 2 runs. He started the 6th inning but gave up a HR, which is when OTTO pulled him, a good decision, IMO, because you have a good reliever still available.

2. With only one out left in the inning, the AI went with a RHP (Troost) to face a RHB (Chabot), When you swap a relief pitcher you typically consider who they are coming in to face. Troost ends the inning (without giving up a run)

3. In the 7th, the AI decides to go with your best pitcher Mangano (mind you, GM hayvis had just stormed into the locker room before the game and ripped a contract offer up in front of him, so he could have been a bit off his game)

4. Mangano gets beat up in the 7th, giving up 2 runs but still gets to start in the 8th because LV has a lefty and SHB up. Mangano gives up a hit and is pulled in favor of your RHP HIGH STUFF RP, Garcia because you already have a runner on base and are down by a lot and need strike outs. Garcia finishes the game, giving up one run that was charged to Mangano.

I think these are pretty reasonable decisions, but you can adjust your settings if you really want to leave your pitchers in longer! Also, you should try not being a bad loser instead!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If you don't understand, then how can you be so upset about it? That's the part I don't get? I probably shouldn't even get into this trap, but I'll quote your original post and explain the managerial decisions that were made.

1. A. Pobiruhin was already over 90 pitches and was fading and gotten beaten up in the 5th inning, giving up 2 runs. He started the 6th inning but gave up a HR, which is when OTTO pulled him, a good decision, IMO, because you have a good reliever still available.

2. With only one out left in the inning, the AI went with a RHP (Troost) to face a RHB (Chabot), When you swap a relief pitcher you typically consider who they are coming in to face. Troost ends the inning (without giving up a run)

3. In the 7th, the AI decides to go with your best pitcher Mangano (mind you, GM hayvis had just stormed into the locker room before the game and ripped a contract offer up in front of him, so he could have been a bit off his game)

4. Mangano gets beat up in the 7th, giving up 2 runs but still gets to start in the 8th because LV has a lefty and SHB up. Mangano gives up a hit and is pulled in favor of your RHP HIGH STUFF RP, Garcia because you already have a runner on base and are down by a lot and need strike outs. Garcia finishes the game, giving up one run that was charged to Mangano.

I think these are pretty reasonable decisions, but you can adjust your settings if you really want to leave your pitchers in longer! Also, you should try not being a bad loser instead!

Bah. You do you, and I'll do me. I blame it all on @Karl Hungus - He reckoned Pob was the best bet. IT"S HIS FAULT I LOST.