• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2081 Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I won the Pennant, exceeded my season goals (by go .500 to winning 94 games), hit a couple long-term goals for future years already, made my owner $41M in profit, and my budget only went up $4M.

Do the top 3 teams in budget still have Below Average market sizes?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Goals, winning and profit have never mattered to your budget. Why would they now?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Sorry for the moran questions, but is this deliberately so that you burn an option year? Obviously I would love to be able to make that decision myself.
The spring roster is 40 players, so anyone on your 40 man is brought up. You can send them down though. You burn an option if they arent on the ML roster opening day.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The spring roster is 40 players, so anyone on your 40 man is brought up. You can send them down though. You burn an option if they arent on the ML roster opening day.

So if I take them off the active roster before opening day they shouldn't burn an option?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Orlando - Scratch that. I think OOTP must work differently as I just tried to move a player out of options off the active roster to AAA and it said he can't go without clearing waivers...

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It's all about revenue. Winning can play a role in that, but you don't get a larger budget just cuz i won da pennant.

Winning affects revenue.

From some nerd: If you start winning and attendance increases then revenue increases and payroll will increase assuming your owner isnt stingy.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Also, playoff revenue obviously affects overall revenue. I had $28M in playoff revenue last year. That's why we always talk about the importance of winning and playoff revenue.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If they are already out of options that's working as intended

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So just keep a retard amused for a moment. If a player has one option year left and you move him to AAA before opening day then he'll still have that option left? It's just if they're out of options they can't be moved?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He would burn the option if hes on the 40 man, but he could be moved because he has an option

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I won the Pennant, exceeded my season goals (by go .500 to winning 94 games), hit a couple long-term goals for future years already, made my owner $41M in profit, and my budget only went up $4M.

Do the top 3 teams in budget still have Below Average market sizes?
I won the ship, made a $34m profit.... and my budget went DOWN $10m.

This new economics system blows.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I can recommend setting a bargain basement price of $15 just to get your attendance up. Paris did this and we achieved 2nd in attendance at one point!!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Hmm, I'm not actually sure when non Os can set ticket prices, but iirc it's during arb? I can manually set them for you if you want

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
What was the goal of the changes? What is the target budget range of the perennial winners? What is the target range for teams that are perennial losers? How are the results, two years in, holding up against those targets?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The goal was to keep the larger budgets under 200M and closer to 190M as per NML's request, while providing a floor for the worst teams right around 105M. The lower teams are working fine, though Lisbon is slightly below that because of Fan Interest. The Top teams could probably use another decrease in Rev Sharing %, as Doh brought in 198M last year (pre playoff revenue, which doesn't matter) and now has a budget of 180M

All the market sizes are still Below Avg except Buffalo, but I'll bump them down this sim

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Dropping Rev Sharing to 12% for next season with a small bump to attendance baseline to help the lower end teams that might be affected by it should get the big teams back in the 190s

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I also am going to floor Lisbon's FI at 50 for now which I really should've done last time, since they are still in the hole from years of AI management

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Those changes put LV at 188M budget next year and Lisbon at 110M budget next year, which is closer to where we should be at

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I won the ship, made a $34m profit.... and my budget went DOWN $10m.

This new economics system blows.
I will note that playoff revenue literally doesn't matter, so for budget purposes your profit isn't a factor, it's just revenue. Your rev last year pre-playoff revenue was ~$198M, and you lost 17 to revenue sharing. Owner takes ALL the playoff money (I know, it sucks, indy devs) when determining budget.

I'm dropping rev sharing % which should help, though I'll note I already dropped it from 25 to 20 as part of the changes a few years back.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
We could always manually add playoff revenue to budgets (but actually, don't do this), but don't DIONNE at us when you miss the playoffs and end up with a -40M balance!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Check the proj. budgets for next year after this sim, it should be better. I can't see a reason to go past 110-190~ for budget ranges, tho. LV still has like 60M to spend this offseason despite a budget decrease. If we want to vote to just let off the cap on the top end that's fine, but it'll be just as wacky in the opposite direction.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Orlando - Scratch that. I think OOTP must work differently as I just tried to move a player out of options off the active roster to AAA and it said he can't go without clearing waivers...
You will burn an option either way unless they are on the ML roster all year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Winning affects revenue.

From some nerd: If you start winning and attendance increases then revenue increases and payroll will increase assuming your owner isnt stingy.
Owners are irrelevant in our league. Winning is part of the puzzle for attendance which is part of the puzzle for revenue. Just because you won the pennant doesn’t mean your budget goes up.

Playoff revenue isn’t factored in. Other than profit resulting in cash.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I have no idea why people think their budget should go up if they make a profit.

Wolfman21

also, my #1 overall pick is shit now. Somehow he went from a 50/60/55 defender to a 45/55/45 defender in 2 months. Give me Kievit back....Geeves sucks

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm stashing the two way IFAs. Why's no-one bidding against me? Indy devs have obviously programmed them to be the GOATS. The guy I signed looked to me to me like the only IFA worth having. Can play every position on the field and hopefully a legit reliever.