• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2082 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Nearly at .500 and 6th :dunno:...

Franco on track to crucify the single season home run record at his current pace.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
yXtsBKi.png

Paris with the 7 game win streak! Las Vegas with a tunneling accident leading to a fall from MOUNT .500! @Rutgers Miguel with 4 in a row to take the lead for the 1-1! (last year record is tiebreaker)

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
i am just going with a massive trog bat not even CF for the rest of the season. Seems to be working. I fucked around with fielders for too long.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - will the fact that my scout is only great and not legendary at international scouting affect his discoveries? He's only ever unearthed me a crock of shite.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think we should disable them because it's wonky AF, especially since they make up a very high % of the top players in the league at any given time.

I'd absolutely be in favour of this. It actively takes skill out of the game.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think the game itself needs to revamp player discovery and development to keep pace with what is happening at MLB. You have teams that favor scouting (Nats), teams that mostly abandoned scouting and only use analytics (Astros) and everything in between. OOTP meanwhile has killed prospect stats unless you have a feeder league and hasn’t done much in this department. Prospects come only from draft, a highest bidder IFA system, or scouting discoveries. There’s no academies or depth to international scouting.

There’s no real development strategies either that would create nuances, such as the Dodgers fixing certain kinds of broken swings (imagine drafting lower contact high power guys by focusing on swing dev, or increasing power by stressing launch angles).