• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2085 Draft Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The first round of this draft was fairly good, but this is the most horrible selection of second rounders I've seen.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The first round of this draft was fairly good, but this is the most horrible selection of second rounders I've seen.

It isn't that bad, lol, there are some good SPs left. It's just pretty unbalanced because there really weren't any position players worth taking. I took what I thought was the best position player in the draft at 7, and he'd be more like a normal late first or early 2nd rounder, but there were still about 20 high school SPs on the board that looked about the same ratings, so I figured I'd get one of them in the 2nd. Lately with pitchers the only thing that matters is if they survive your minor leagues anyway, so the ratings aren't even that important lol.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It isn't that bad, lol, there are some good SPs left. It's just pretty unbalanced because there really weren't any position players worth taking. I took what I thought was the best position player in the draft at 7, and he'd be more like a normal late first or early 2nd rounder, but there were still about 20 high school SPs on the board that looked about the same ratings, so I figured I'd get one of them in the 2nd. Lately with pitchers the only thing that matters is if they survive your minor leagues anyway, so the ratings aren't even that important lol.

I'm so down on pitchers. I bet if someone did some in depth odds analysis, then even in a shit position/good pitcher draft I don't think they would ever be better value because of the bust/assplosion/failure rate. Even then everybody still drafts pitchers because good ones are like leprechauns. I might run an experiment and only bring through IFA/scouted pitchers for 5-10 years or something.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'll trade my 3rd next you if anyone wants out of the this round (I have 2 players on list so if trade happens, those players could just get picked)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'll trade my 3rd next you if anyone wants out of the this round (I have 2 players on list so if trade happens, those players could just get picked)
Anyone want to trade their 4th for one next year?