• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2085 Season Thread

Wolfman21

Great first weeks for Seoul, Borg, & Kabul!

cf-dafuq.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Used that file Tankee posted and put it in and I ended up getting to 8/16/83

WTF is going on

doh

Major injury to my 6th overall pick SP in the first month of the year? :thumbsup:

Happens every season. Pitching in this game is just totally fucked by minor league injuries.

doh

Nope but I think that's part of the issue with feeder leagues. Since the game switched a version or two ago to a system where you have parts of the body that get hurt more, I suspect that feeder league injuries significantly effect guys.

IRL guys that get hurt prior to making the majors have much less of a chance. This game is patterned after @Reel life. Problem is the amount of injuries has risen because of feeder leagues and IMO injuries effect pitchers a lot more than hitters. You can limit injuries to position players a lot easier.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Looks like I finally got this shit fixed. Suddenly a bunch of bums are missing from my minors which saved me time. Bring on the paloffs!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
WL Spotlight Shines on Rookie Star
Tuesday, May 1st, 2085
Pitcher Nazih Khalil of the Dublin Distillers was the top-ranked rookie in the World League last month and today the league picked him as the Rookie of the Month trophy winner.

In April his record was 3-0 with a 2.63 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 24 innings.

Nazih Khalil Hurt, Out for Year
Thursday, May 10th, 2085
Nazih Khalil will soon find out from his doctors if his season will continue. The first diagnosis was not too positive and indicated the Dublin starting pitcher could miss the remainder of the year. Khalil was injured while throwing a pitch in the Distillers-Manatees clash at The Distillery recently. Doctors said he has a torn ulnar collateral ligament and would be out a minimum of 13 months.

Checking out his stats for the season, Khalil has registered 3 wins and 1 loss in 6 starts, 2.93 ERA and struck out 24 batters in 30.2 innings.

:(

TonyGin&Juice

Looks like signing Basil fixed the bullpen fiasco of the past couple of seasons. Now I just have zero offense and a mediocre defense to go with it. I hate this fucking team and the moron that keeps drafting arms that runs it.

TonyGin&Juice

Someone trade me someone to save this dreadful offense. These bums gonna make me go back to the GLORY HOLE days of the 2060s where it's nothing but TROGs that can hit with no D and awful pitching. Save us @someone.

Wolfman21

1-8 record from my two best relievers last season so far. Improve on that by 50% and im in the playoff hunt...even with as shitty as my offense has been with alfaro going from all star to negative war at age 29, bordiga not able to hit himself out of a wet paper bag and none of my backups worth a fuck.

Pleased with my starting pitching though. May have to let them start going later into games.

I brought up my #1 prospect and former #1 overall pick Abdul-Hasib bin Wakil and he is starting at pitcher and 1B for me. His bat started slow but has come alive and hes pitching extremely well. Here are his lines...

6 GS, 4-1, 1.93 ERA, 0.99 WHIP

20g, .273/.317/.506 with 6 doubles, 4 homers and 17 RBI

Wolfman21

my #2 prospect is a 2B that is now out for 2 weeks with a tired arm.

A tired arm....for a second baseman.....interesting

Wolfman21

ill never understand how a player could have a 40 arm for the infield and a 60 arm for the outfield. Maybe hes allergic to dirt or some shit and his right arm breaks out in hives anytime he plays in the infield and goes numb

Wolfman21

I apparently have 12 guys complaining about "disruptive influences" on the team causing a "feuding" state of my locker room. Whats even better is that the two guys on my team with the "disruptive" trait............are two of the 12 complaining about disruptive influences.