• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2086 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Why don't we move to 21 before the playoffs. We can contract the league if some aren't interested, and maybe rethink divisions. Not thinking of rule changes or anything, but maybe people might gain a bit of interest again if we re-gig it a bit.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
We could contract teams too. Go with a 8 or 10 team league. I'm fine with that.

But I want to keep playing. I don't really have the time I used to but I sitll like playing the game.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'd rather switch after the playoffs and before the offseason gets rolling.

As for contraction... dunno. What does everyone else think?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll probably be more interested with 21. Okay with contraction if needed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

doh

If teams really don't want to play anymore... I think the best way forward is just contract/retire all of their players. A dispersal draft would be extremely difficult to pull off. Putting everyone as a FA would be hard as well.

If we go down to 8-10 teams with dedicated owners, we could go forward better I think. Or we could go with half the league on otto.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If teams really don't want to play anymore... I think the best way forward is just contract/retire all of their players. A dispersal draft would be extremely difficult to pull off. Putting everyone as a FA would be hard as well.

If we go down to 8-10 teams with dedicated owners, we could go forward better I think. Or we could go with half the league on otto.
Can’t retire any Swedes though. Sorry.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I've got 21 and an extra key to give someone who keeps on playing.

Hows that CROOTIN' going Pants?

There was no point until we moved to 21. I posted this. I can’t even recruit myself to a two year old game. Decide to upgrade in between seasons. HIT THE PAUSE BUTTON. Post recruiting thread with open teams. Hope we get responses. Continue simming

Unfortunately we probably missed the COVID rush of players but it’s still worth a shot.

doh

If we go to 21 and contract... how about just a new league? New players/teams? It might be too much to carry everything over, retire/delete players, etc.

Plus it seems like we're just stuck in a cycle at this point.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Nice, none of my high picks were impossible. My 15th rounder wanted 2mil tho, lul

exported. Will probably start tanking with Trashmaster retiring and us finishing 7th last year, but not gonna take the time to sell until 21 happens. So stay tuned for a yankee fire sale!

Wolfman21

cackling and rolling a blunt reading this thread

first win in a few years for you eh? Its ok...we all have down moments. Go roll your blunt and let it all fade away for a little bit. You'll get some more wins soon...keep fighting

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This stagnation does kind of prove that rebooting the league and giving it a shot in the arm would have been the right decision a year ago. Kind of fitting that UK is up there...

Reactions: NML

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - I've made a $13m dollar profit this season, and my owner still isn't allowing me to give Bruce Shanahan a $3m signing bonus. I always normally go over my draft budget.

Ootp.jpg

NML

Thanks for waying in

you were a giant dick to me, so yeah, I'm loving that exactly what I thought would happen, happened

This was inevitable no matter what went down.

that the league would continue on this path was inevitable, I completely agree. Which was my point when I suggested a new league. Most people (besides you and maybe travis, although he was also a huge ass at the time) didn't really care to consider it a possibility. Now, its possible that the new league started and we ended up here anyways, but IMO, a new league was the only chance to save things.

If we go to 21 and contract... how about just a new league? New players/teams? It might be too much to carry everything over, retire/delete players, etc.

Plus it seems like we're just stuck in a cycle at this point.

lol

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
@hayvis

Probably because you'd be blowing your draft budget away to sign a 5th-round reliever. My guess is that the owner would be ok with you going a little over budget, but you're trying to go $3,000,000 over.

Here's the problem:

Paris.PNG