• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Do it. I sent a few guys straight to the WBL last season. Will likely send Ishii straight to the WBL too if he has a decent spring.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He looks really good. Good personality and Durable as well, at CF. Very valuable.

Simmons looks extremely good @Wolfman21. I was stuck between him and Allen at the draft, we all got good ones.

Wolfman21

He looks really good. Good personality and Durable as well, at CF. Very valuable.

Simmons looks extremely good @Wolfman21. I was stuck between him and Allen at the draft, we all got good ones.

My only fear for Simmons is that his injury past will doom him. He has "normal" injury proneness...but looking at his history scares me. Thankfully, my rotation is good enough that if he absolutely just bombs out, it won't kill me. His upside is worth the risk. I'm gonna start him in AA and let him work his way up. I'll prolly give him a season in the minors and if he does well, let him fight for a rotation spot in 2089.

As for Allan...I put Jack Miller straight into the WBL my first season and he posted a 7+ WAR season. If hes ready, hes ready.

Wolfman21

I wouldnt be worried about one short injury a year. That’s normal to me.

yeah, i guess my fear is that in 2084 he missed 6 days with "sore elbow"...in 2085 he missed 1 week with "sore elbow" and in 2087 he missed 2-3 weeks with "sore elbow". So not only has he had the same injury 3 times in 4 years, they've progressively kept him out of action for longer. Just waiting for that UCL to pop and him lose 10 off of each of his ratings and go from potentially best pitcher in the league to #5 starter/Long relief

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah the same injury 3 times is concerning I guess, but all have at least been DtD with no setbacks.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
My only fear for Simmons is that his injury past will doom him. He has "normal" injury proneness...but looking at his history scares me. Thankfully, my rotation is good enough that if he absolutely just bombs out, it won't kill me. His upside is worth the risk. I'm gonna start him in AA and let him work his way up. I'll prolly give him a season in the minors and if he does well, let him fight for a rotation spot in 2089.

As for Allan...I put Jack Miller straight into the WBL my first season and he posted a 7+ WAR season. If hes ready, hes ready.

It all depends on what his hidden injury rating started as. I drafted Joseph Nelson as normal and he had one minor injury in his career but went to fragile in a year. Franco has had a ton of injuries and stayed normal.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Once we get this sim and I can start lighting money on fire in FA

oprah-excited-gif.gif

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Once we get this sim and I can start lighting money on fire in FA

oprah-excited-gif.gif

One more for HoG voting & so I can take my time doing the IFA/ Feeder changes. Tonight's file will be up later- I have to process those trades & add scouts.

Soonerfan09

I voted for Zoom Zoom no doubt, almost popped for one or two other guys but couldn't do it. So its a 1 player ballot for me
No for Comert? 4 time Reliever of the Year. 125+ wins and saves, sub 3 era, and I think a sub 1.00 WHIP. Arguably the best Stopper of all time.

I also don't know why Julio Garcia made it in other than he was misused for most of his career. Still ended up with over 300 saves and three (maybe two?) reliever of the year awards.

Wolfman21

No for Comert? 4 time Reliever of the Year. 125+ wins and saves, sub 3 era, and I think a sub 1.00 WHIP. Arguably the best Stopper of all time.

I also don't know why Julio Garcia made it in other than he was misused for most of his career. Still ended up with over 300 saves and three (maybe two?) reliever of the year awards.

No...its the hall of goats, not the hall of very good relievers

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
lol, looks like fignuts traded basically what he got for Sosa for Phu. So in turn, basically traded the best SS in the league and top 2-3 overall player for a DH. What a Steal!

Well if it was a direct trade that would be a valid point, but two fleeces don’t make a right

Wolfman21

Well if it was a direct trade that would be a valid point, but two fleeces don’t make a right

Well if you get destroyed with the worst blue blanket theres ever been...i guess its only right for you to do just a little bit of a blue blanket to someone else. I honestly don't blame goblue much. You can find a suitable DH in free agency every year. Not as good as phu mind you....but trog bats are a dime a dozen

Wolfman21

lmao, i was just talking out of my ass earlier. But got damn, goblue got blue blanketed worse than fignuts in the Sosa trade. Atleast fignuts received some relatively useful shit in return. goblue gave up one of the best pitchers in the league, possibly the best right now and a 4* DH/not even left fielder for a late first, a couple late 2nds and a reliever in A ball. fuck sake

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
lol, looks like fignuts traded basically what he got for Sosa for Phu. So in turn, basically traded the best SS in the league and top 2-3 overall player for a DH. What a Steal!
Aziz in there too ya bitch.

Go kick rocks, “Mr too good to interact with the person he is quoting or calling out”

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Idk if I want to list my full ballot or if I’ll be ripped a new one since I wasn’t around to see the impact a player had and blah blah blah. lol

Wolfman21

I guess greatest of all time isn’t good enough for the hall of greatest of all time.
I’m surprised he won’t be 100%, but I’m clearly biased. I think he still gets in 1st ballot though.

He was a reliever, on my ballot, he doesn't make the hall of goats. Do you forget my stance on pederass?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I guess greatest of all time isn’t good enough for the hall of greatest of all time.
I’m surprised he won’t be 100%, but I’m clearly biased. I think he still gets in 1st ballot though.
I must have missed him. I’ll take a look.