• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Travis7401 - Here's Hector Domiguez and Knud Sand who have never 'started' but have plenty of 'starts' as openers. You should try playing openers and followers. It's quite good for maximising the back end of the rotation. IT'S 2087 -

Knud.png

Hector.png

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So let's just conclude @Travis7401 that you were wrong several times about several things, and that Chokie Campbell just became a bum for no reason. I know you can't stand not being right or not having an explanation, but that's just the way it panned out. I used him as a stopper - he was shit. I used him as a setup guy too, but overall turns out his best position is as a closer and opener, which is where he's earned his money (as you say 5th most WARS in that draft). I didn't make him shit.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Are you using openers/followers to force matchup problems? Like does your opponent use their vs LHP lineup against your LH opener who only pitches one inning and then the follower is a RHP?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Are you using opener/followers to force matchup problems? Like does your opponent use thier vs LHP lineup against your LH opener who only pitches one inning and then the follower is a RHP?

Stop looking for reasons. There are none. I have rarely had the staff to do that, but even so, then the advantage is with the opener as he is the guy with the advantage - You can set a leftie opener to get an advantage when the lineup is set for a RHP follower, not the other way.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I wasn't sure which would trigger the lineup used - opener or follower. I can't see any reason to use it if you arent using a LHP then RHP or vice versa.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I wasn't sure which would trigger the lineup used - opener or follower. I can't see any reason to use it if you arent using a LHP then RHP or vice versa.

One of the reasons I use it is to get more bullpen use without using a stopper because I dont have good 4th and 5th pitchers. With openers, the cpu will usually use more pitchers overall in a game. But the lineup always mirrors the follower not the opener.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Oh and @Orlando , I usually limit the follower to 80 pitches just to make sure that I get that high turnover of pitchers I figure if I use lots of different pitchers in a game it masks having a below average SP.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Also gives the shitty code more of a chance to glitch up the accidental win for me @Orlando . I will try anything to schizz the pissy code. There's definitely more than one way in to game it, in other areas so I'll try and find all the holes. Even though with my shitty baseball IQ in the rest of it, I'll never be anything but rubbish at the game.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That makes some sense. Unless I’m playing matchups though, wouldn’t just setting a low pitch count use a lot of pitchers? I might try setting this up.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
That makes some sense. Unless I’m playing matchups though, wouldn’t just setting a low pitch count use a lot of pitchers? I might try setting this up.

No, because if you just set a low pitch count without openers, then there's the chance that the reliever will be put in for a long time. Low pitch count and openers guarantees you three pitchers, but often more.

Soonerfan09

One of the reasons I use it is to get more bullpen use without using a stopper because I dont have good 4th and 5th pitchers. With openers, the cpu will usually use more pitchers overall in a game. But the lineup always mirrors the follower not the opener.
How does the lineup mirror the follower if you don't know who the follower is going to be?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
There is an option somewhere in the game for this. You can set the lineup to be set for 'expected' follower or something.

I've used an opener as a way to have a guy kill more innings. I noticed that certain RP just don't get a lot of work. So this way I can spread the innings around more evenly.

I was thinking about maybe going 4-man all follower rotation with PC set at 70. Just try something out for a season. I just don't know how you could make sure that you could have 2 openers who would go every other day.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You should be good to go.

giphy.gif

Wolfman21

man Abdul Hasib bin-Wakil is playing out of his damn mind right now.

As a batter....8 games....3 homers, 8 RBI.... .382/.417/.706 slash line
As a pitcher...2 games started...2 wins, 15.1 innings, 1.17 ERA, 0.91 WHIP.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
How does the lineup mirror the follower if you don't know who the follower is going to be?
You always know who the follower is. He's on the starting rotation and is listed on the pregame. It's the opener you don't choose. That's why the default is to mirror the follower. You can choose to mirror the opener but as you say this is flawed as you don't know who they are. Anyway, it pans out that it's usually the opener (bullpen) that gets the matchup advantage, as the batting team normally and using the laws of averages sets to mirror the follower.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Anyway, I'm ditching openers and followers for a bit to see how it is without it.... Been five or so seasons since I tried things normally. :laughing:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Moved it over. Loaded in. Noticed it's 2081.

The dropbox .lg file in the faq is what I imported over.

Iowa_Jacob_shrug.gif

You must still be pointed towards the old host. You're getting that after replacing the old dat file with the new one I posted?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I am unable to login to a team in order to dl an updated file. Haven't had the opportunity to grab from the new server.

Inserted the dat you linked to into the settings folder. Reloaded the league and am locked w/o a GM's p/w

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Are you clicking game or file (ur clicking game in that pic so I'm not sure if that's on purpose or not)? Click file>online league>download latest league file

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Even from the link on the export tracker? @fignuts

Can one of y’all highlight where that is I a screenshot por favor? Out on the motorway running errands til late in the day.

The issue is that whenever I click the import from ftp under the manager screen, the game pulls the file. Checks it. Says it’s authentic. But fails to load it cause of the wrong in game date.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
First thing to do is to check the game version is the very latest. That caused some issues. Then I reckon @Karl Hungus should just post up his entire save game file on to dropbox or something so you can just use his save. It never worked for me taking the save from the export tracker. Then make sure the dat file is in there too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
First thing to do is try what I suggested since you are looking in the wrong place for the latest file. The button. You are clicking is really only useful if a team had multiple GMs.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
First thing to do is try what I suggested since you are looking in the wrong place for the latest file. The button. You are clicking is really only useful if a team had multiple GMs.

I’ve always gone through that manager menu for downloading the latest wbl file. Will be sure to follow your steps when I get back in this evening. Thanks y’all for the troubleshooting tips.