• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

Wolfman21

damn, good work on the blue blanket @Soonerfan09. A couple late first round picks and 1 decent pitcher for one of the top 2-3 players in the league. good work.

I was trying to fleece as well, but i think my initial offer, which i never got a chance to make better, was a bit too low.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
damn, good work on the blue blanket @Soonerfan09. A couple late first round picks and 1 decent pitcher for one of the top 2-3 players in the league. good work.

I was trying to fleece as well, but i think my initial offer, which i never got a chance to make better, was a bit too low.
I'll combat the strawman. What would your offer have been? He had a quantity of under 24's. Threw in the picks. I'll be in the top 4-6. Idc where Moscow does. Its more lotto tickets inside the top 32. And he had a couple Egyptians to sweeten the offer. Overall I'm a happy camper.

Wolfman21

eh, i dont care about throwing out what i would have offered as you'll just say you'd prefer sooner's offer anyways. I think you got a future #2 starter, a mid to back end rotation guy, a couple AAAA position players and a few late first/late 2nd draft picks for arguably the top player in the league. Thats not a great return, IMO. But if you're happy, then be happy

Wolfman21

Don't fuck with wolfmad. He's got two championships and will masturbate to prove it.

No, that was reserved specially for trolling you. And since you're still on about it weeks later....i assume it worked. But no more trolling you from me...its too easy, i need a challenge. So have a good day Hayvis

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You realize you could have built around one of the best shortstops we've all ever seen. He's only 24.

The two pitchers are pretty good, given how devoid the league is of pitching. But still, you traded blue for greens.

This is why the same teams always win. They accumulate a bunch of GOAT assets (blues) and then of borderline assets (greens and late draft picks). They package the greens and picks for more blues and stay on top.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You realize you could have built around one of the best shortstops we've all ever seen. He's only 24.

The two pitchers are pretty good, given how devoid the league is of pitching. But still, you traded blue for greens.

This is why the same teams always win. They accumulate a bunch of GOAT assets (blues) and then of borderline assets (greens and late draft picks). They package the greens and picks for more blues and stay on top.
I traded Ping to @Yankee151 then he sent him to @Orlando in the start up years. Have a few arms avail to round out the rotation. Still have Li as my ACE.

And it's like pulling teeth trying to pry a top prospect away from some of you all. This trade ranks right up there with the Silky and Brain trades in ease of completion with @OU11 and @Orlando .

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
No, that was reserved specially for trolling you. And since you're still on about it weeks later....i assume it worked. But no more trolling you from me...its too easy, i need a challenge. So have a good day Hayvis

Let's get this straight - You masturbated specifically for me?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I dug into it a little more. The pitching pipeline is still straight up awful, and Aguilor is the 8th best pitching prospect and the top Mules prospect. Munoz is probably better than Marc James, who is a higher rated pitching prospect in the Mules system. So I guess it's an okay haul, it's just that Chief Keef Sosa is so good.

The pitching in the league is still broken. I still think the Feeders are killing it and we should switch over to generated draft classes.

It's also ridiculous that @Travis7401 got 2 of the top 3 prospects by scouting discovery.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I dug into it a little more. The pitching pipeline is still straight up awful, and Aguilor is the 8th best pitching prospect and the top Mules prospect. Munoz is probably better than Marc James, who is a higher rated pitching prospect in the Mules system. So I guess it's an okay haul, it's just that Chief Keef Sosa is so good.

The pitching in the league is still broken. I still think the Feeders are killing it and we should switch over to generated draft classes.

It's also ridiculous that @Travis7401 got 2 of the top 3 prospects by scouting discovery.

Those picks are great if he tanks, which he will.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

I DID?

I legit didn't see the #1 guy until just now, he must be recent. The other guy sucked when we signed him and he POPPED, probably thanks to the BILLIONS I spend on DEV! He got hurt anyway, so RIP FRAGILE

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I love the way everyone knows that the thing that was making this league so boring, was the lack of cockbusters between players. And when @fignuts decides to be a legend and get some excitement into the league the usual muppets deride it. :nebraskaman:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I am also against random international finds and I really hate our IFA system too. I think we should be a lot more draft heavy.

Killing all IFA is the only way we'll get some other teams at the top. All the blue going to the bottom dwellers would rebalance the league.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

There seems to be good pitching in this draft from what I saw.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You suck at drafting so opinion null.

I'd be good if I tanked (I wouldn't be good because you don't have to be good), but I think the highest I've ever been is 4th for one year. It's the problem with a top 3-4 loaded draft, that you have to really tank to get the good players. It stops people playing hard every year (other than the haves) which makes the league really crappy. Another good reason to increase the talent pool.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Srious question, @Orlando - Is there any way to tweak the draft pool to make it higher boom/bust? That would make it better. One of the problems is it's so boring watching people tank their teams to predictably pick up thier pieces. More top busts and lower draft pick breakthroughs would make it much more fun.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Srious question, @Orlando - Is there any way to tweak the draft pool to make it higher boom/bust? That would make it better. One of the problems is it's so boring watching people tank their teams to predictably pick up thier pieces. More top busts and lower draft pick breakthroughs would make it much more fun.
How would you skew injuries so the arms aren't shriveled on the vine come harvest szn?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'd be good if I tanked (I wouldn't be good because you don't have to be good), but I think the highest I've ever been is 4th for one year. It's the problem with a top 3-4 loaded draft, that you have to really tank to get the good players. It stops people playing hard every year (other than the haves) which makes the league really crappy. Another good reason to increase the talent pool.
I don’t know what you are even saying here, but I was just using your own words against you :laughing:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

My first round SP this year (and various other 1st's) have had injuries destroy their arms. The injuries that top pitching prospects seem to get is insane.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Only way offline dynasty plays out too. IFA's are the premier talent infusion for pitchers. IDK if it's just for 21 or what. Hadn't touched dynasty much in last 2-3 iterations.