• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2089 Draft Extravaganza

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Yeah, I don't understand just giving him a free first round pick because he didn't show up to sign his picks. Whats to stop someone from just not signing any of their picks in a bad draft year and getting a comp pick the next season?
Wayne Williams gonna have to agree and he was in the hole for bad behavior for a whole month.

Wolfman21

It's pretty obvious he forgot, and I made it worse by missing it. He signed no one from rounds 1-8.

so "forgetting" is worth comp picks? Again...whats to stop me from not liking this draft class and "forgetting" to export when it comes to draft time and getting a free first rounder next season? Setting this precedent seems dangerous to me. But you're the commish, do what you must

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
If he does get comp picks I really don’t want this to start a trend and we go back to zero exceptions. If you recall, people really did start not signing people in weak draft years to position for the following year.

Soonerfan09

To be honest, I’m completely against you signing picks for people unless they ask. If people can’t be bothered to sign their own draft picks (especially when they are in the middle of a rebuild), then I doubt they are setting their lineups, managing their finances, or doing anything else to run their organization. Put them on auto and let the CPU run the team until we can get an active owner. It’s no surprises that the bottom dwellers have been the same teams for two decades because we continually enable inactive owners and it hurts our league.

Wolfman21

Ah yes...you have a dissenting opinion from mine...you're an asshole. At no point have i attacked anyone, used bad words, or went after anyone. All i've done is give an opinion that giving Lisbon an extra first rounder because they missed multiple sims where they could sign their picks is a bad move and......i'm an asshole. At no time has the question i brought up been discussed and/or answered. I brought up an opinion and asked a question, karl got upset without discussing the opinion or answering the question, and you called me an asshole just because i have a differing opinion. lol. Good grief...as i said, do whatever you want @Karl Hungus...

Schauwn

Ah yes...you have a dissenting opinion from mine...you're an asshole. At no point have i attacked anyone, used bad words, or went after anyone. All i've done is give an opinion that giving Lisbon an extra first rounder because they missed multiple sims where they could sign their picks is a bad move and......i'm an asshole. At no time has the question i brought up been discussed and/or answered. I brought up an opinion and asked a question, karl got upset without discussing the opinion or answering the question, and you called me an asshole just because i have a differing opinion. lol. Good grief...as i said, do whatever you want @Karl Hungus...
you know what, nevermind.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
To be honest, I’m completely against you signing picks for people unless they ask. If people can’t be bothered to sign their own draft picks (especially when they are in the middle of a rebuild), then I doubt they are setting their lineups, managing their finances, or doing anything else to run their organization. Put them on auto and let the CPU run the team until we can get an active owner. It’s no surprises that the bottom dwellers have been the same teams for two decades because we continually enable inactive owners and it hurts our league.

Shocking that Minmax Moscow gets hyper competitive over this. Don't we have a new GM that you could be fleecing?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah, I don't understand just giving him a free first round pick because he didn't show up to sign his picks. Whats to stop someone from just not signing any of their picks in a bad draft year and getting a comp pick the next season?

I'm sure if people started doing this more it wouldn't be acceptable, but it's counter productive to come down with asshole strictness on @OU11 , as I think at this point we need to encourage people to stay in the league rather than chase them off.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Read from the script, sir. You push for the pick and get mad, and we can continue to have our first good 10 page meltdown in a few seasons. See how I'm choosing a random side and stoking the fire?
Yes but @Karl Hungus doesn't deserve to have to explain this to wolf. Plus I legitimately don't care, the last draft was full of terrible players so I don't care that I didn't sign them. I don't want loopholes created by something I do because I know how shit it is to deal with precedents you start because you're trying to be nice.

TonyGin&Juice

The, "dont be an asshole" rule has been forever lost.

that was lost during the @Wooly era.
I'm sure if people started doing this more it wouldn't be acceptable, but it's counter productive to come down with asshole strictness on @OU11 , as I think at this point we need to encourage people to stay in the league rather than chase them off.
Don’t you have some China Virus tautological argument to be making on Facebook? Wayne Williams and Hillshire Farms remembers if you don’t.

TonyGin&Juice

I’m pretty sure the league commissioner has signed picks for inactive/active owners, asked to or not, since the cOUmissioner days. So new guys and wolfmad should get off their high horse.
@Karl Hungus did it for Wayne Williams a few times when he was in AD SEG for bringing too much fire to the cell block.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
so "forgetting" is worth comp picks? Again...whats to stop me from not liking this draft class and "forgetting" to export when it comes to draft time and getting a free first rounder next season? Setting this precedent seems dangerous to me. But you're the commish, do what you must
Commishes sign picks so this doesn't happen, but it was missed. I think an exception is ok in this case.

TonyGin&Juice

But if OU isn’t even playing, why not just put him on auto and let the CPU handle this so this doesn’t happen.

The current Os can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Otto will sign picks automatically. At least that's what I thought was the deal when Otto was running Miami a few drafts ago.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think we have to manually put the team on full Otto in order for the picks to sign

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Great point. What have we done in the past concerning FA and CPU teams?

I don't think we've really had teams on full CPU control. Usually I'll just have the CPU set up the organization & do lineups after spring training. There were a few times I actually had to sign FA guys for CPU teams otherwise they would have had 35 contact 18 year-olds playing in the WBL to fill out their rosters.

Soonerfan09

Would anyone be in favor of creating a small committee to help run inactive teams? If not, I would volunteer to co-manage Lisbon with OU - he can draft and make all the major decisions on the team, but I’ll make sure lineups are set, draft picks are signed, etc.
I would also encourage other consistently active owners to help other inactive owners. Doing this will keep those bottom feeder teams from being completely destroyed by inactive owners and will keep them attractive to prospective owners while maintaining the competitive balance of the league.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Would anyone be in favor of creating a small committee to help run inactive teams? If not, I would volunteer to co-manage Lisbon with OU - he can draft and make all the major decisions on the team, but I’ll make sure lineups are set, draft picks are signed, etc.
I would also encourage other consistently active owners to help other inactive owners. Doing this will keep those bottom feeder teams from being completely destroyed by inactive owners and will keep them attractive to prospective owners.

This is kind of what I did with the vacant teams after Hayvis joined. Those teams were being run into the ground by dumb AI. When I had to make signings I waited until spring and announced to everyone that I was doing it. I had to save the AI from itself a couple times on top-5 picks but a few owners got upset that the real top players weren't falling to them, so...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't think we've really had teams on full CPU control. Usually I'll just have the CPU set up the organization & do lineups after spring training. There were a few times I actually had to sign FA guys for CPU teams otherwise they would have had 35 contact 18 year-olds playing in the WBL to fill out their rosters.
Right, there is no great time to allow CPU teams to sign FA. Maybe Spring Training, but they are at an advantage because they can instantly respond to counter offers. People already miss out on signing players because they can’t counter with just a 3 day sim.

They can’t sign their picks if they aren’t full auto as far as I know. What I did, and assume @Karl Hungus does, is sign players for teams that haven’t negotiated at all. We’re not going in there and signing that 5th rounder you didn’t want.

Soonerfan09

This is kind of what I did with the vacant teams after Hayvis joined. Those teams were being run into the ground by dumb AI. When I had to make signings I waited until spring and announced to everyone that I was doing it. I had to save the AI from itself a couple times on top-5 picks but a few owners got upset that the real top players weren't falling to them, so...
Sounds like a committee could fix these issues. Any volunteers?