• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2089 Season Thread

Wolfman21

Grats to @Wolfman21. Not drafting Barlini will haunt me/the rest of the world.

JV turning into Varsity with 3/4 ships.

You sign someone to a $400m contract

Man that draft has ended up amazing for me. Simmons played a vital role as SP throughout season and then had two wins and a save out of the pen in the playoffs. Barlini was amazing throughout the season...led the league in homers and had 5.4 WAR in only 121 games started. He didnt have the best postseason, but he hit some big homers. And juan gonzalez put up 3.3 war in 91 games in his first season and then put up an .850 OPS in the playoffs. I liked those guys in the draft...but damn i never expected those decisions to draft them to turn out this well

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
@Mr. Radpants

giphy.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Creative fanfics don’t write themselves. if you have an idea for a workshop, please post here, that’s what usually takes the most time.
The fast playoff sim threw me. Luckily it’s a weekend so I might be able tow throw something together

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I believe it is basically all based on FIP?

But those RP ones look off now I compared with some other players. I wonder how much Rad's Park Factor had to do with Dawborn's specifcally.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@Travis7401 do you guys have internet/power? Or are you limited to your phone?

Also need exports from:

@TonyGin&Juice (quitting is against the rules)
@jdlikewhoa
@OU11
@Rutgers Mike

You have today or tomorrow to get arb done (preferably today!)

Like I'd really quit you guys and this game. My export should be out there now with ARB and draft pick offers along with the usual end of season actions (awards). Did we fix it where the AI auto offers on draft picks with demands below slot or did OTTO do that? Looks like everyone except the super late rounders were offered already, which was kind of cool to see.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Like I'd really quit you guys and this game. My export should be out there now with ARB and draft pick offers along with the usual end of season actions (awards). Did we fix it where the AI auto offers on draft picks with demands below slot or did OTTO do that? Looks like everyone except the super late rounders were offered already, which was kind of cool to see.

Your export shows up on the tracker, so should be good.

I offered everyone with "meet demand" unless they were a late rounder asking for big money. Lots of 3/4th round guys were asking well below slot this year.

TonyGin&Juice

Your export shows up on the tracker, so should be good.

I offered everyone with "meet demand" unless they were a late rounder asking for big money. Lots of 3/4th round guys were asking well below slot this year.

Thanks, was kind of surprised those guys had such low demands since, in game, during the draft they were all IMPOSSIBLE outside of the late rounders.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
WBL news didn't feel it was important enough to mention that I've signed Franco to a 3year/$54m extension at just shy of 37yrs of age, and for the hilariously stupid reason that I just want him to break more team records. Last year is a T so it's effectively 2year/$36m. I hope he retires after that. I don't have the heart to let him play elsewhere, as he has literally been on my team for the entire time that I have played this game.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Looking at it from a different perspective, though @TonyGin&Juice , Franco terminated his option for 27m and resigned for 18m so really that second year is only costing me 9m. I've got an opt out for 3.5m the year after, so all in all this deal isn't bad, and it stops any of you bastards having him.

TonyGin&Juice

Looking at it from a different perspective, though @TonyGin&Juice , Franco terminated his option for 27m and resigned for 18m so really that second year is only costing me 9m. I've got an opt out for 3.5m the year after, so all in all this deal isn't bad, and it stops any of you bastards having him.

That's the kind of situation most of us would love to be in with a GOAT we found and developed but rarely get to do. I tried that with the recently retired Trystão Narvaes (a legit GOAT) but we were fucked financially when he was entering what should have been a pretty serious decline at the plate. Instead he went on to win MVP at 39(!) and added around +20 WAR to his already HOF career WAR after departing from the 305. I'm still not convinced @Wooly didn't alter him prior to us bouncing his bitch ass for cheating since he was always trying to get me to trade him to him for future draft picks.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Hey @all, you should vote for NAIL HOOK Naif "Hook" Na'il bin Mika'il for the Hall of GOATS. He's the GOAT in all time batting average, so the definition of a GOAT. In that category, Enquist is 2nd by a distant 10 points, followed by Tapley, Creswell, Ferhat, Roldan, LoRo, and James Mills.

He came within a sim of breaking MOUNT .400. He led the league in batting 4 times; triples 4 times, hits 5 times, SB 4 times, OBP 2 times.

That he got 20% last year is some inattentive, hone in on career WAR alone nonsense. Let's go.