• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2089 Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Cruz might be the first IFA signing I had who made it big. I was a bit worried he'd fizzle when he was a little underwhelming at the plate in his 2nd year as a utility infielder, but he turned out to be a nice player. He wanted over $30M in extension money and I thought I could get him back for <15M if I let him go to FA. I also have some decent SS depth, though obviously not as good. I'm like a proud father seeing him go for $30M, lol.

Maybe you should have been a prouder dad and extended him so he didn't walk to Seoul to kick your ass for the next six years? lol at $15M, I just ran the numbers and that's approximately $200K per WAR WON

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Cruz might be the first IFA signing I had who made it big. I was a bit worried he'd fizzle when he was a little underwhelming at the plate in his 2nd year as a utility infielder, but he turned out to be a nice player. He wanted over $30M in extension money and I thought I could get him back for <15M if I let him go to FA. I also have some decent SS depth, though obviously not as good. I'm like a proud father seeing him go for $30M, lol.

It's fine these first few years but I'll be hoping he exercises that opt-out when I need to extend some of my younger guys. Kurtbeck being so bad after a decent rookie year really forced my hand here.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Maybe you should have been a prouder dad and extended him so he didn't walk to Seoul to kick your ass for the next six years? lol at $15M, I just ran the numbers and that's approximately $200K per WAR WON

He's a SS and his range dropped from 80 to 70. This isn't my first SS rodeo and without that elite range at an elite position he's a good utility IF.

Wolfman21

no idea what my team is gonna do this season......but we should strike out a ton of people and we should hit a ton of homeruns. So we'll see

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Oh wait, Cruz Bay IS the town and Great Cruz Bay is where the Westin is. My bad, never should have doubted Markus.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Dean wasn't really on the block until this morning. I had signed Poisson with the intention of flipping him for a 1-1 or top prospect because catchers were scarce and I already had Bainton, but it never quite worked out. Juggling both of them between C and DH was an option but I also have Pak coming up who is basically a trog bat.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Hopefully I'm right, but Ricardo's personality blurb makes him sound more lazy than malevolent. We'll be hiding all the brooms and plungers at the spring training complex just in case.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
ANOTHER cockbuster?

This league!

source.gif

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Second sim later tonight? I don't know that there are any big bidding wars going on. The sooner we get to spring training the better.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Same here.. May try to bargain chase in ST but no one out there that I want to spend reel fake $$$ on