• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2090 WBL Season

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I could promote a AA guy with all 40's to be in their rotation. You had all offseason to make an acceptable offer to Hector.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You’re lecturing me on my offer? I’ve had the leading offer for months and he will sign before opening day. Didn’t realize had a market corrector here.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I get that it's not a great situation but I'm not sure what else to do. If I don't bring some players in these teams & their markets will wither away. I waited until the last off-season sim to make a (modest) offer.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Let the teams rot or pause the league until we fill it. Anything but outbid active owners with another team? I’m not even sure what to say, guess I’ll sleep on it

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
No one will want to join if we let them rot. Remember how fucked that team was when @hayvis took over? Or look at Berlin. They can barely support a $50m payroll. I should have done something about that team years ago but didn't because I hoped Mike would come back export more than once every other season.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Why don't we just contract two teams?

The other options are just too complicated. Delete their players so we don't have to manage them.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Why don't we just contract two teams?

The other options are just too complicated. Delete their players so we don't have to manage them.
This is likely the best option. For whatever reason we can’t seem to recruit more people to this league despite OOTP during during the Plandemic.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I thought @GuyIncognito was coming in and taking over one of the teams. If not, give two of the ownerless teams one last season with shitty ownership then contract them and, if possible, make the players available in some type of contraction draft. If that’s not possible, they disappear into the abyss.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I thought @GuyIncognito was coming in and taking over one of the teams. If not, give two of the ownerless teams one last season with shitty ownership then contract them and, if possible, make the players available in some type of contraction draft. If that’s not possible, they disappear into the abyss.
He’s been threatening to join for at least two years with one being during the China Virus Shutdown so I think it’s safe to take him off the list. No more waiting for Godot either we contract two teams after this season or we start making a full court press to bring FRESH MEAT to this dying vine.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I told somebody I'd be interested when you switched to the new version cuz I'm not buying two and they said it would happen at the real life all star break in July. That's the last thing I heard

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
No one will want to join if we let them rot. Remember how fucked that team was when @hayvis took over? Or look at Berlin. They can barely support a $50m payroll. I should have done something about that team years ago but didn't because I hoped Mike would come back export more than once every other season.

I remember @hayvis yelling a lot and not making any sense.

You managing two teams and sniping FAs from people who are playing and you are competing against is not the answer.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Lol at mad pants, who is this pitcher so I can go bid him up!

He’s the WRECKED pitcher. Karl is going to save Buffalo by giving him 4 years.

The league is dead if we don’t fill it. We voted 8-2 to upgrade and fill the teams and two people threatened to quit so here we are.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I remember @hayvis yelling a lot and not making any sense.

You managing two teams and sniping FAs from people who are playing and you are competing against is not the answer.

Is yelling somehow bad now? And why shouldn't the puppet master be the puppet master? He already creates the scouting discoveries, so why are you upset at him bidding for other teams?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I genuinely think the league was just as fun when it wasn't as full as it is now. Not gonna panic, as the usual people will still be around. There may be some better creative way to get around low membership though.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I've signed FA for ghost teams when needed for several seasons now. I always wait until the end of the offseason & always announce that I'm doing it. No one has complained. Look at Buffalo & Lisbon now compared to what Berlin has become- both are pretty attractive options for someone wanting to come into the league. I had to do this for UK as well between Leach leaving & Figs coming in- that team was especially fucked as like half the roster and seemingly everyone in the minors over 24 went to FA at the same time. If anything I should have been more proactive about this earlier, it would have saved @hayvis a lot of headaches.

Someone earlier mentioned that I should have stepped in & resigned those pitchers for Berlin. I can only imagine how pissed you or Figs would have been then. Dammed if I do, dammed if I don't.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Mad pants worse than fignuts with this fuckshit about some bum pitcher. At least figgy was mad about a legit player

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
That wrecked guy had the same asking price for like 7 sims... :laughing:

TriggeredPants

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
How many players are in the FA pool right now? Karl couldnt have found another WRECKED pitcher to bid on amongst the 5,000 others?

He didn’t know there was an offer in. He also didn’t care, he was just burning up salary ceiling on whoever the hell. I get why he did it, but it bones any semblance of an FA economy in the big picture.