• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2090 WBL Season

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm just saying that there's no magic commish tool to get him off your roster. Maybe I could go to the editor panel and edit his contract. But it's easier & better for everyone if you just waive him (again) or release him.
Yeah, I'll just waive him again. It was just the fact that I felt like I was going mad. @Orlando - thanks for noticing.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
More to the point, @Karl Hungus - what the fuck has actually happened? Is @jdproblem the same thing, and is there any info on it out there that can potentially stop it happening to a decent player?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah @Karl Hungus - just checked my transactions on the BNN page and it has 3 overall for me in the whole of March and April which is totally impossible,

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
well hayvis said he did it AFTER spring training....so which is it?

It was after spring training, but it's kind of a moot point now, The transaction log for the game has only registered 3 moves for me for the whole of March and April which is completely impossible. So the file is definitely borked. I would suggest everybody check. What the fuck else is it funking up is the question?

Wolfman21

good to see Hayvis' metamorphosis is occuring as scheduled. Stage 1 is whiny hayvis because he has an issue. Stage two is petulent hayvis because he has to do something he deems unfair. Step 3 is overreact for a reaction hayvis. Same as it ever was.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Trolling aside, it would be nice to find out what's happened, if it's happened before, and whether it's happened to anyone else.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Why have the indy devs given me this opening to troll is another question? Of all the people it could happen to.

Wolfman21

did you waive and designate or just designate him for assignment hayvis? And do you remember when you did it? Was it just before opening day?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
did you waive and designate or just designate him for assignment hayvis? And do you remember when you did it? Was it just before opening day?

Not quite sure tbh. It doesn't really matter. The far more curious thing is that the game hasn't logged ANY roster moves from me for March or April.

@mr- I always follow the checklist.

Wolfman21

Not quite sure tbh. It doesn't really matter. The far more curious thing is that the game hasn't logged ANY roster moves from me for March or April.

@mr- I always follow the checklist.

I'm asking because Johnson played on March 26th in ST and then played again on April 7th. And then again on April 14th. So theres no way in hell he was ever waived or DFA'd...because he wouldn't have been on your roster to play any of those games. Hes been on your roster this whole time, so i'm not sure what you've been looking at.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm asking because Johnson played on March 26th in ST and then played again on April 7th. And then again on April 14th. So theres no way in hell he was ever waived or DFA'd...because he wouldn't have been on your roster to play any of those games. Hes been on your roster this whole time, so i'm not sure what you've been looking at.

But we've been through this. @orlasaw him on waivers so the game must be borked. I definitely did it immediately after ST. And why have all my roster moves for the whole of March and April not been logged by the game?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Anyway. It's late and I'm off to bed. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of the mystery. Anyone can look at my transactions and see something is wrong. There's no possible way I could have had a legal roster if I didn't make at least 5 moves in March/April and there's nothing there logged,

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don’t remember exactly when it was but he was on my Home Screen where it says this interesting player is on waivers. I only remember because at one point @hayvis claimed he was the best catcher in the league.

Wolfman21

Thats just odd, because in the sim, there is never enough time between games he played in for him to have been on waivers at any one point. So the only logical explanation is that he exported and placed him on waivers, and then the next sim happened and it totally wrote over the previous sim's export for hayvis only? I don't think i've ever seen anything like that since i started playing with you guys or in my offline sims.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Thats just odd, because in the sim, there is never enough time between games he played in for him to have been on waivers at any one point. So the only logical explanation is that he exported and placed him on waivers, and then the next sim happened and it totally wrote over the previous sim's export for hayvis only? I don't think i've ever seen anything like that since i started playing with you guys or in my offline sims.

There's no way that Orlando would have seen him on waivers if that was the case. He just wouldn't have registered. And I also checked and saw he had 8 days left at one point.

That wouldn't screw it up anyway. The new file would just overwrite my changes. Why have all my transactions disappeared?

@Mr. Radpants - I follow the checklist. I have done nothing different over the few years I've been playing. The only mistake I ever made was trying to download a file before Karl announced it once.

I don't think the best thing to do is to ignore there's been a glitch.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It’s called not following the checklist

Please enlighten me. As I said before, even if I did make changes after exporting (which I didn't), they would have just been overwritten when I downloaded the latest file. That doesn't provide an explanation even if it happened, which it didn't.

What is happening here is that I have made roster moves that have not been registered, but have happened (else I would still have my ST roster and it would be illegal).

Everyone just want to ignore this and pretend I must have done something that's completely impossible because hayvis? If this had happened to anyone else we'd be trying to work out what the fuck caused it, not just steaming on as if it hadn't happened.

Last edited:

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
It’s a washed up captain catcher you signed for 1.5M. Release his ass. I’ll send you a 7th and 750k to cover the expense.

Yzma_rubbingtemple.jif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It’s a washed up captain catcher you signed for 1.5M. Release his ass. I’ll send you a 7th and 750k to cover the expense.

Yzma_rubbingtemple.jif

Again - That's not the point, I don't care about DJ. I just want to get to the bottom of what happened, and why the log of my transactions disappeared. Me somehow borking it by changing things after uploading doesn't make sense. It would be nice if anyone was interested in finding a rational explanation.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ok - Actually @Karl Hungus - We need to find a work around, as I knew there was a reason I put him on waivers. I just tried to cut him and my fan interest dropped 6 points, which isn't acceptable to me to me. Can we just have a rule that no-one claims him on waivers please.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Again - That's not the point, I don't care about DJ. I just want to get to the bottom of what happened, and why the log of my transactions disappeared. Me somehow borking it by changing things after uploading doesn't make sense. It would be nice if anyone was interested in finding a rational explanation.
I've had exports not take after re-uploading. Some revert to 0 and dont take at all. After a decade of doing this, it gets a 'meh'.
You will lose those 6 points next year unless he retires, too. Which side you want your pound of flesh taken? Olu signed with Dublin and interest dropped a few. Roll the dice!!!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I've had exports not take after re-uploading. Some revert to 0 and dont take at all. After a decade of doing this, it gets a 'meh'.
You will lose those 6 points next year unless he retires, too. Which side you want your pound of flesh taken? Olu signed with Dublin and interest dropped a few. Roll the dice!!!

In my opinion it's not a failed export. All the roster moves I made have taken and were taken at the time. They just haven't showed up in the transaction log. DJ was on waivers as Orlando saw him there and so did I. The record of it happening just vanished.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
No rules, just right.

Well I've put him on waivers, and I just hope people aren't shitty enough to take him.

Are you not interested as to how my transaction log has been wiped? As I said a failed export doesn't explain it. All the moves happened, the game just forgot they did. To me to me, it's an interesting thing that's happened. I'm surprised that some are happy with illogical half explanations. Usually if something weird happens I like to find out why (excluding as I say illogical half explanations).

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

Also fuck off with the 'it just happens'. Yes I did intend him to retire at TJ, and he already completed waivers, so I have every right to be fucked off. If you aren't going to say anything constructive then fuck off. It's not like you aren't whiny.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Wally Whittick gettin it goin.

.288/.382/.475 slash line now and only on pace for 155 strikeouts!

As I predicted, Castaneda truly turrible so far this year. And my prize 3B prospect Vasquez already out for the season. This game - :thumbsup:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Well I've put him on waivers, and I just hope people aren't shitty enough to take him.

Are you not interested as to how my transaction log has been wiped? As I said a failed export doesn't explain it. All the moves happened, the game just forgot they did. To me to me, it's an interesting thing that's happened. I'm surprised that some are happy with illogical half explanations. Usually if something weird happens I like to find out why (excluding as I say illogical half explanations).

What are some other moves you think should show up? Every other team's transactions look like one would expect for this time of year.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus -

Chilimidos - Moved him up and down for Spring Training on an invite.
Yazici - Demoted to AAA after ST
Piper - Demoted to AAA after ST
Tixier - Demoted to AAA after ST
Dalgliesh - Demoted to AAA after ST
David Ray - Demoted to AAA after ST
Peter Woodger - Activated from injury list and promoted to AA

I'll try to think of a couple more that I might have done. I always sort out A and AA in the off season though, and then AAA and MLB post ST.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - I'm just genuinely interested in understanding how I might have borked it, as a bad export doesn't explain it. Surely in that case then the moves wouldn't have happened. But the moves have happened, just that there is no record of it ever happening.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
A 4-1 week?!?!? What is this kind of sorcery?

tenor.gif

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Also fuck off with the 'it just happens'. Yes I did intend him to retire at TJ, and he already completed waivers, so I have every right to be fucked off. If you aren't going to say anything constructive then fuck off. It's not like you aren't whiny.
giphy.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Karl Hungus - I'm just genuinely interested in understanding how I might have borked it, as a bad export doesn't explain it. Surely in that case then the moves wouldn't have happened. But the moves have happened, just that there is no record of it ever happening.
The reports are their own process so it was probably just a flukey thing. If it starts being a regular occurrence then we should probably be concerned. I know this probably isn’t a good enough answer for you, but I’m not sure what else we can do. I browsed through the logs and most the teams looked normal.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The reports are their own process so it was probably just a flukey thing. If it starts being a regular occurrence then we should probably be concerned. I know this probably isn’t a good enough answer for you, but I’m not sure what else we can do. I browsed through the logs and most the teams looked normal.

Nah. That's a good answer. Thanks.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
@hayvis If I counted right, looks like we square off Monday and then Saturday irl, just before the ASB.

Tuts have circled both 4-game affairs. Gon change strategery to pepper every AB ratios be damned!!