• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2090 WBL Season

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Surprised with how well Fahkry has taken hold of the lead off spot. And even though Zhou is pretty mediocre defensively in RF, excited to have another green bat in the lineup vs a yeller.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Lol at @fugnuts grabbing players off waivers just to waive them himself to try and build AAAA depth. Then he forgets and grinds the league to a halt. Some real AAAA chess going on here

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Lol at @fugnuts grabbing players off waivers just to waive them himself to try and build AAAA depth. Then he forgets and grinds the league to a halt. Some real AAAA chess going on here
fugnuts eh? must be my good twin
didn't forget. never encountered this. and didn't know what to do. so left him to let commish deal and hope there was a workaround. easiest was for me to cut, but figured someone might have picked him up for free. meh

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah if you could send it... That would be great. Otherwise, I'm out.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - DJ not clearing waivers. It's done the same thing again. Could the fact that @doh is having problems not be a coincidence? This is obviously not a temporary glitch. Also, I've now been playing a lot of the season with a roster disadvantage. Very low immersion levels for me now. Feels like going through the motions.

Last edited:

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
giphy.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@hayvis

Walk me through exactly what you've been doing with DJ. Step by step.

Firstly, I've waived many players, so am not doing anything differently to what always worked. Secondly, most of my transactions disappeared first time (not many this time so can't compare). So there is a problem with the game.

Anyway, I just click on DJ/transaction/waive player, and then yes to confirm. Then I double check on my rosters and transactions page, which I have split into 4, and choose waivers from one of the drop downs. If he's there I assume he's on. Then I've done whatever else, saved my game, before finally exporting.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Y'all treating me like I haven't been playing this fucking game for two years is making you look a bit thick.

Reactions: doh

Wolfman21

Y'all treating me like I haven't been playing this fucking game for two years is making you look a bit thick.

Most everyone on here not named you has been playing this game for 7+ years and have never, ever, seen this before. Also, you seem to have more issues than everyone else combined. So excuse everyone else for being a bit....thick.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Firstly, I've waived many players, so am not doing anything differently to what always worked. Secondly, most of my transactions disappeared first time (not many this time so can't compare). So there is a problem with the game.

Anyway, I just click on DJ/transaction/waive player, and then yes to confirm. Then I double check on my rosters and transactions page, which I have split into 4, and choose waivers from one of the drop downs. If he's there I assume he's on. Then I've done whatever else, saved my game, before finally exporting.

Just waive or waive & DFA?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Most everyone on here not named you has been playing this game for 7+ years and have never, ever, seen this before. Also, you seem to have more issues than everyone else combined. So excuse everyone else for being a bit....thick.

You playing the game for 7+ years has nothing to do with anything. I've gone through 17 seasons of this shit, and if you just reasoned that for one second, you'd realise I must have waived many players without a hitch. That's why I'm calling you all thick.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
But that's why I waived him. Why does he need DFA too?

• Waivers: A club wishing to send a player designated for assignment to the minor leagues must first place him on irrevocable outright waivers, making him available to the other 29 clubs in reverse order of won-lost record.

In other words, a club DFA's a player to give themselves some options. The biggest benefit to a team when a player is DFA'd, the club gets to fill his 40 man roster slot while not committing yet to a formal course of action with the player. Note that of the ten day period, the player must be placed on waivers before seven days have passed if the team wishes to go that route.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I always thought with players out of options, I could waive them and then move them once they cleared, @Karl Hungus - I've done that with other players out of options.