• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

30 for 30 Thread

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
People recognize Bird as a great player, but I don't think most people appreciate how great he truly was.

In his last season at the age of 35 with an aching back he averaged 20 pts, 9.6 rebs, 6.8 asts (40% 3pt, 92% FT).

Magic and Larry revolutionized the game with their court vision. No matter who you pulled for (I was a 76ers fan), you watched them play with awe. It was unheard of to have 6'9 guys lead a fast break and make the right pass damn near every time.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Oh man, the fans holding up a clothesline game 5 of the '84 finals :laughing::laughing: Fuckin dying.

I wish the current day NBA was more physical. That's when shit gets real. Some of my best memories playing ball are when the refs let it get a little physical and heated. You play that much harder because ur fucking pissed.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It doesn't need to be like the 80s or 90s, it just needs to be a tad more physical. You saw in game 4 of the Finals, which wasn't that physical at all, that emotions come out pretty quick.

CJ_24

And the players these days are more apt to act like whiny douches because they won't get roughed up for it. What I mean to say is that when any minor escalation in emotions or appearance of aggressive behavior leads to the refs handing out technical fouls like candy, then players are encouraged to play up minor incidents and flop because the other team could get T'd up for it.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
It doesn't need to be like the 80s or 90s, it just needs to be a tad more physical. You saw in game 4 of the Finals, which wasn't that physical at all, that emotions come out pretty quick.
Oh you're definitely right, that's better for the good of the game. Selfishly, I just really love the over the top physicality even if it's a bit uglier.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Oh you're definitely right, that's better for the good of the game. Selfishly, I just really love the over the top physicality even if it's a bit uglier.
im a big man at heart so swallowing the whistle was always my preferred officiating strategy. watching it tho, it's more fun to watch a cleaner game so that's what the league went with. less liability too. they need to just stop calling fouls on 3s tho unless theyre egregious but it just needs to be tilted a little and the passion comes out because it's been tight so long if a player sees an actual hard foul they act like someone just got shot

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Yep. Anyone who watched the NBA (particularly the Eastern Conference) in the early 90s can appreciate why the NBA tried to move the game closer to where it is today. I loved watching this latest Finals, even though I have no real rooting interest (for or against) for either team. The beautiful passing, fluid offense, and rain of 3-pointers was symphonic.

The early 90s NBA, particularly with thug-as teams like the Pistons, Knicks, and the Jordan-less Bulls, was fucking painful to watch as the teams fouled and fouled and fouled their way to 40 free throws a game and scores like 83-79. Fuck that shit.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Don't forgot the Pacers. The Davis brothers gooned it up down low with the best of the Eastern Conference goon squads.

bruin

agree on cube and new kids on the block narrating. how original.

enjoyed the 30for30 immensely.

M.L. Carr the ultimate bitchmaid

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

I will be an NBA fan for life if someone takes IT and powerbombs him after he does that stupid pick n roll 3 point chuck shit, and then follows it up by suplexing the ref who called it thru the media table

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
The trailer made me barf. Pretty sure Jim Nantz called them innovators or something.

Brick

tonight's 30for30 MIKE and the MAD DOG. @Chase's wet dream, probably.

you know @Brick is amped.
46N3V.gif

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
For fuck sake, 10 minutes in and I couldn't give a fuck less. And I'm someone who grew up on Mike and the Mad Dog. How anyone who didn't listen them could care about this is beyond my grasp.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Mad Dog's MLB Network show is the only show on that network I absolutely will not watch. I can't imagine how people tolerate that voice.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
As awful as the mad dog dude's voice is Francesca hot and racist takes are actually worse

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Fuck Mike Piazza. If he wasn't Tommy Lasorda's godson, he'd be selling used Toyotas at daddy's dealership.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations

I'm ready with some real fucking french Champagne, that expensive shit, for the day a wayward bus removes this guy from this earth.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I love to hate-listen to local sports talk, but I have to say, I kind of like Chad Dukes.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Two Escobars was great. It was one of those I had on in the background and ended up stopping what I was doing to finish it.