• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

ACC Basketball

mongoose

Pretty thrilled with how UVa has been playing this year. Really looking forward to the showdown with Syracuse on March, 1st. What a great year to get season tickets.

Thoughts on ACC basketball?

RealestCFB

Train hard, fight easy
Syracuse is gonna win out and go all the way, and Jim Boehiem is going down as the greatest Corch of all time. :trollface:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
That shit blew, obviously. Officiating was extremely questionable and I'm getting real fucking sick of it. But State also lost it, because Desmond Lee and Cat Barber are complete dipshits.

The only time I actually felt State could win wasn't until Cat drew that charge with 14 seconds to give State the ball back. I was like "oh shit, the Gods are shining!'. Of course the next play happens. Valvano's ghost smites me for my brief optimism to crush my spirit once more. That guinea bastard.

ebarws6

stAy
It's really amazing how bad BC is after all the hype before the season. Ryan Anderson is a little bitch.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Well State locked themselves in the NIT when they accidentally the whole thing against Clemson last night. I knew that Cuse game would spiral them downward.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
State @ Va Tech at 2. Can they stop the bleeding against the worst team in the conference, or will they sink to new lows? I'm thinking the latter.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
TJ Warren deserves ACC POY consideration, don't let the searing mediocrity of the team discount the fact that he is practically unguardable.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
State really tried to give that one away but the Hokies proved completely anemic. .500 ACC record going into the home match-up against Carolina.

mongoose

That Uva su game was amazing. The Syracuse fans were the worst I've ever encountered. Obnoxious dicks, and the ones next to us left with 5 minutes left. Haha Yankee cocksuckers

purple112

Go Berzerk
You know it hasn't been a good season when you see this as a headline
PiH0xBb.jpg

Wolfman21

Lookin forward to the season. We lost TJ Warren to the NBA, Tyler Lewis to transfer and Jordan Vandenburg to Vegemite Sandwich-ville. Everyone else comes back and we add Trevor Lacey, Abdul Malik Abu and two twins ranked in the Top 100. Plenty of talent, just wondering how its all gonna fit together. Starting lineup will prolly look like this:

PG - Cat Barber
SG - Trevor Lacey
SF - Ralston Turner
PF - Abdul Malik Abu
C - Kyle Washington

Reserves:

SG - Dez Lee
C - Beejay Anya
PF - Lennard Freeman
SF - Caleb Martin
SF - Cody Martin

First team at NC State that i've seen in many a year that could go a legit 10 deep. Two things i'm worried about:

1. Where are the points going to come from? TJ Warren was a scoring machine and carried this team at times last year where they couldn't score.
2. Backup PG. With Tyler Lewis transferring, Cat Barber is the only PG on the squad. Luckily, Trevor Lacey played point at Alabama before transferring so I believe he could step in for a few minutes when Cat gets a breather. This is most definitely Cat's squad now though after he shared the starting PG role with Tyler Lewis last year.

mongoose

Damn, I thought Vandenburg played some great basketball in the ACC tournament. He was a beast protecting the rim. Is he playing pro in Australia?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Vandenburg played out of his mind during the ACC tournament. Definitely was not par for the course.

No one is going to be TJ Warren, but I think there's plenty of players on the roster that could develop into solid scoring options. Beejay is one brutal summer away from being a dominant ACC post defender, and if Cat Barber can hit a jumper consistently and make smarter decisions he can be a first round pick. I'm cautiously optimistic because State is notorious for wasting talent, which is why I don't pay too much attention to recruiting anymore. But everything I've read is giving me the impression that Abu is an immediate contributor.

Nard Dog is going to be a solid 4 year rotation player.

Wolfman21

This is a slimmed down Beejay Anya...lol. Apparently, hes lost about 30 pounds since last year which would put him right at 300 big ones. Dude needs to be to 280 by the beginning of the season.

10390969_761088543921461_6945292043310126986_n.jpg

Wolfman21

NC State will have a new court this season. The bottom one is the previous court. The Top one is the new court:

Bq0i6GrCUAA7sgm.jpg

CJ_24

I was directed to a quote from an article on Dean Smith. I'm sure it's a story (more accurately, a post about a story, so take that for what it's worth) that's been told a million times, but I thought it was cool.

There’s one story that — to me — defines him. I’ve told it in the past, but it bears re-telling. In 1981, Smith very grudgingly agreed to cooperate with me on a profile for this newspaper. He kept insisting I should write about his players, but I said I had written about them. I wanted to write about him. He finally agreed.
One of the people I interviewed for the story was Rev. Robert Seymour, who had been Smith’s pastor at the Binkley Baptist Church since 1958, when he first arrived in Chapel Hill. Seymour told me a story about how upset Smith was to learn that Chapel Hill’s restaurants were still segregated. He and Seymour came up with an idea: Smith would walk into a restaurant with a black member of the church.
“You have to remember,” Reverend Seymour said. “Back then, he wasn’t Dean Smith. He was an assistant coach. Nothing more.”
Smith agreed and went to a restaurant where management knew him. He and his companion sat down and were served. That was the beginning of desegregation in Chapel Hill.
When I circled back to Smith and asked him to tell me more about that night, he shot me an angry look. “Who told you about that?” he asked.
“Reverend Seymour,” I said.
“I wish he hadn’t done that.”
“Why? You should be proud of doing something like that.”
He leaned forward in his chair and in a very quiet voice said something I’ve never forgotten: “You should never be proud of doing what’s right. You should just do what’s right.”

http://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...h_carolina_head_coach_dean_smith_dead/coezpoi

mongoose

Defense is elite. Offense is struggling without Anderson. They're vulnerable to teams getting hot from 3 (see Duke) but you can say that about any team. I think they will lose one more acc game (@syr) then make a run to the ACC finals with a 75% Anderson. Ncaa tourney is always a toss up.

Wolfman21

guy on radio today was saying that Anderson wouldn't be back until the Sweet 16/Elite 8 round of the NCAA tournament. Is that right? I didn't think it would be that long? I haven't been paying that much attention though.

Craig7835

guy on radio today was saying that Anderson wouldn't be back until the Sweet 16/Elite 8 round of the NCAA tournament. Is that right? I didn't think it would be that long? I haven't been paying that much attention though.

What happened to him?

mongoose

He had surgery on the 8th for the broken finger and the recovery timeline is 4-6 weeks. So best case scenario, back in time for the ACC tourney, worst case would be S16

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I wore a State shirt yesterday out and about and a guy stopped me, asking me if I was from North Carolina. I told him, well, yeah. Surprise surprise, he's a Carolina fan who has never even stepped foot in the state. He tried to chum it up with me about Duke-Carolina and how he needed our support for the game tomorrow. I told him I hoped Cameron caved in an earthquake. He laughed. I didn't. That was the end of the conversation.

Carolina Blue

I wore a State shirt yesterday out and about and a guy stopped me, asking me if I was from North Carolina. I told him, well, yeah. Surprise surprise, he's a Carolina fan who has never even stepped foot in the state. He tried to chum it up with me about Duke-Carolina and how he needed our support for the game tomorrow. I told him I hoped Cameron caved in an earthquake. He laughed. I didn't. That was the end of the conversation.

An App State shirt, right?

Wolfman21

NC State back to even in the ACC after beating VT. I think the best they can do over the last 4 is 3-1 which would get them to 19-12 (10-8) goin into the ACC Tournament. I think the worst they could do is 1-3 putting them at 17-14 (8-10). Honestly, 2-2 is more likely which would have them 18-13 (9-9). I think they would need a win or two in the ACC TOurnament to make the Dance with that record. 10-8 in the ACC gets them in with no doubt in my mind. 9-9 is questionable. 8-10 and they're gonna need to win the whole damn thing.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Pretty pleased with the effort today. We haven't won in Chapel Hill since Doherty. I think we're due.

Wolfman21

i think we're gonna get our ass handed to us, again.

Think we're 0 for our last 11 and we've been outscored by an average 16 ppg in each of those. Just don't see it happening, but i'd love to be surprised.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Yeah, probably. I think it would take an unbelievable effort, but it's not impossible.

fsuprime

might be FSU's best recruiting class ever coming in for next season. Dwayne Bacon just won the dunk contest at McD's game

also FSU just added a Juco guard Benji Bell who lead his juco team to national title.