• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Are you a legitimate BACKUP?! The TRANSFER PORTAL thread

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I would take him in the 5th to be Taysom Hill's backup. Taysom is bound to get hurt. He's in his mid 30s after years of getting banged around. The Saints short yardage run game has featured QB Power out of Gator Heavy for his whole career.

Last edited:

CJ_24

I would imagine the NIL boosters are going to start putting clauses into the contracts to stem some of this madness.

Could a booster at, say Auburn, write clauses into an NIL deal that says something to the effect of "we will pay you 2 million per year to sponsor Bubba's Used Cars, so long as you are a member of the Auburn football team. Leaving the Auburn football team is a breach of this contract. Any party who breaches this contract is liable for 4 million dollars in liquidated damages."

Now, if the kid is Cam Newton and wants to transfer to Bama, some Bama booster will pay that damages clause for him. But there's gotta be some limit.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I would imagine the NIL boosters are going to start putting clauses into the contracts to stem some of this madness.

Could a booster at, say Auburn, write clauses into an NIL deal that says something to the effect of "we will pay you 2 million per year to sponsor Bubba's Used Cars, so long as you are a member of the Auburn football team. Leaving the Auburn football team is a breach of this contract. Any party who breaches this contract is liable for 4 million dollars in liquidated damages."

Now, if the kid is Cam Newton and wants to transfer to Bama, some Bama booster will pay that damages clause for him. But there's gotta be some limit.

I dont know all of the legalities of it. But my understanding is it is not to be pay for play in the language. Maybe they can structure it over multi-years to pay out more on the tail end to try and keep them in place.

CJ_24

I'm all for players getting paid and being able to make their own decisions (ala how the corches leave all the time.) But the constant turnover now seems like it's unsustainable

Lightningwar

Administrator
An entire bama offense line in the portal for any team willing to pay up. Heard if you buy now they throw in a TE.

OT Damian George 4 star Jr. 6-7 348
OT Amari Kight 4 star RS-Jr. 6-7 315
OT Javion Cohen 4 star Jr. 6-5 295
OT Tommy Brockermeyer 5 star RS-Fr. 292
OT Tanner Bowles 4 star RS-Jr. 6-5 280

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ugh... they'll find a way to transfer credits if a good player wants to come play BALL. If a student transfers twice it will probably be an issue, but I doubt it's a big deal if boosters want it done.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Art Sitkowski transitioning out of football but sounds like Bret will have him on staff in some capacity. Sounds like staff thinks he can be a great coach.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon got that bama receiver and has some good CROOTS but they missed an opportunity for some fun signs with SEVEN McGee and Sean DOLLARS

Mame YO

slings rocks
Like, one of those DILLY trick plays… Nix handoff to dollars, dollars throws it! Seven McGee catches it! SEVEN CATCHES DOLLARS SEVEN DOLLARS

I tried

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
the-benchwarmers-i-am12.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

I know, "they ain't come to play school." But this problem should be discussed, no?

Registrars fuck up from time to time but transferring credits otherwise is fairly trivial. These dopes are just virtue signaling.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

An entire bama offense line in the portal for any team willing to pay up. Heard if you buy now they throw in a TE.

OT Damian George 4 star Jr. 6-7 348
OT Amari Kight 4 star RS-Jr. 6-7 315
OT Javion Cohen 4 star Jr. 6-5 295
OT Tommy Brockermeyer 5 star RS-Fr. 292
OT Tanner Bowles 4 star RS-Jr. 6-5 280

I'll take Brockmeyer IRL and George in Madden for that weight differential (they finally put this in the game on PS5)

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Hudson Card AND Luke Altmyer have visited Illinois. Either one would be the best QB pickup in a long time.

Mame YO

slings rocks
so what exactly is the deal with all the bama transfers? Saban kicking busts to make room for more CROOTS? Someone explain it to me like I’m 5 please.

Oregon gets a commit from bama transfer CB.

Lots of smoke around Moore flipping to UCLA, most of which was before the UCLA transfer QB or Nix announcing his return. Apparently the NIL deal they offered is very attractive, throw in a pretty girl (lol) and CHIP has his guy? Oregon going to get transfer QBs in perpetuity. GIVE ME ALL UR BACKUPS

Brick

Lots of smoke around Moore flipping to UCLA, most of which was before the UCLA transfer QB or Nix announcing his return. Apparently the NIL deal they offered is very attractive, throw in a pretty girl (lol) and CHIP has his guy? Oregon going to get transfer QBs in perpetuity. GIVE ME ALL UR BACKUPS
imagine sacrificing ur future for BUM PIX.

Brick

you know PREHM big mad because he hasn't even tweeted about it. just retweets lol. good thing they have the best 9-3 qb in college football history.