• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

ATTENTION NUTOPIA!!!! OOTP 22 ANNOUNCED!!!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think it's weird that there's absolutely no feature details and they're taking pre-orders. This is a really odd announcement from Markus and I’m concerned. He also hadn’t posted in a month leading up to this.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I think it's weird that there's absolutely no feature details and they're taking pre-orders. This is a really odd announcement from Markus and I’m concerned. He also hadn’t posted in a month leading up to this.
Yeah it's very strange. They're going to 'reveal' the new features in a week or two?

WTF do South Koreans know about simulation baseball?

Wolfman21

@ them and invite them to the board. Let them know we have a few teams open to new ownership. Think of the rewards...publicity for the board, for the league and maybe even a few perfect team packs while we're at it!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Anyone actually get it?

I'll eventually light my money on fire but I'm in no hurry to buy.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Man any interesting MLB teams to do a run with? Everyone looks boring. Either crap prospects or already rebuilt.

Wolfman21

Detroit just to have Casey Mize as a Pitching Wizard candidate every year? and a power bat in Torkelson? And because they have 5 of the top 25 prospects according to MLB.com?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I did Detroit last year, but otherwise they are one of the most interesting teams again. Can get a stud with the 1-3.

I'm tempted by Boston and San Fran. Outside of Detroit, I can't find a team with a fun (but not OP) farm, going by OOTP ratings.

San Fran would be challenging given the Dodgers and Padres. @doh?

Wolfman21

I did Detroit last year, but otherwise they are one of the most interesting teams again. Can get a stud with the 1-3.

I'm tempted by Boston and San Fran. Outside of Detroit, I can't find a team with a fun (but not OP) farm, going by OOTP ratings.

San Fran would be challenging given the Dodgers and Padres. @doh?

San Fran was going to be my 2nd opinion. I like their color scheme and they've got three NC State guys in the top 15 of their prospects list

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
LAA?? See what Ohtani can do?

CIN?? GABP and it’s bandbox has always given me fits when attempting a rebuild.

Sim ahead ten years? Or use the time machine and pick a random historic year.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
LAA?? See what Ohtani can do?

CIN?? GABP and it’s bandbox has always given me fits when attempting a rebuild.

Sim ahead ten years? Or use the time machine and pick a random historic year.

I had the LAA idea as well. Ohtani would be fun. I love Rendon. And try to get Trout a ring. If I make it long enough there will be a rebuild in the future.

Cincinnati is one I'm considering. Would enjoy taking them from the current three true outcomes approach to my typical offensive approach.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Now I remember my issues with the Angels. Still might roll with them.

Ohtani looks underrated. 40 control on the pitching side, and 45 contact? He batted .284 and .285 before last year.

They gave Jo Adell 50 contact as well, which isn't great, and at 65 range is he a long-term piece in OOTP at CF?

So... this looks challenging. 2021 looks like a roster built to win, but not a good one. At least with the ratings they gave Ohtani. 2022 I still have $131M on the books (including Justin Upton). That leaves me with $40M to work with, and a lot of spots freeing up from the roster.

So I think my window is more 2023-2024, if Rendon and Trout don't age terribly.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Look at the difference here. The ratings across the board seem too low this year, but this is the most ridiculous.

Ohtani OOTP 21

OOTP 22

Reality is probably somewhere in between, right?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Honestly, the ratings just seem lower across the board this year. I guess overall it is good, I remember last year Vlad was so highly rated he was hitting like 75 HRs for everyone.

But very hard to get enthused for any team. The prospects aren't as highly rated, either.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Honestly, the ratings just seem lower across the board this year. I guess overall it is good, I remember last year Vlad was so highly rated he was hitting like 75 HRs for everyone.

But very hard to get enthused for any team. The prospects aren't as highly rated, either.
Probably a flaw in the ratings system then. Pulling the 0 data from last years minors?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
They probably just want to make it seem fresh. Off the top of my head, I think OOTP 21 has had the higher ratings than 20 and 19. 20 was a really low, so they've probably gone back that way. I remember there being a drop in 20 and all the drafts going to shit. Is there any way to mitigate it if we moved to 22 @Mr. Radpants ?