• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown about Uniforms - don we now our ghey apparel

RealestCFB

Train hard, fight easy
Texas
Notre Dame
Boston College
UCLA
Washington State
I don't know why but I just really like gold helmets.

Wooly

Their orange jerseys are nice
105124325_display_image.jpg

Orange is simply a terrible football color. It should never be on any uniform ever, except maybe as very small trim for a black uni, like Oregon St. Orange is putrid. Brown is also gross, and should be avoided like the plague, and the plague was pretty gross when you think about it.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.

Obviously, I like classic uniforms. I miss the days when teams wore their actual school colors. When did matte black, gray, white, and chrome become universal school colors? I know that makes me sound like a grumpy old man, but oh well.

UCLA's are good. Oregon State's would be cool if they got rid of the awful color striping on the facemask. Nebraska's are great.

Any school that takes a page from the Arena League in uniform design should be put on a bowl ban and stripped of scholarships.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Orange is simply a terrible football color. It should never be on any uniform ever, except maybe as very small trim for a black uni, like Oregon St. Orange is putrid. Brown is also gross, and should be avoided like the plague, and the plague was pretty gross when you think about it.

I don't agree. Too much orange is terrible, like these terrible boys

Meldrum.jpg

I think the key to good orange uniforms is contrasting them with a lot of white. White numbers, white pants. Clemson's are very good. Florida's are good. Miami's are good, Virginia's are good.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
In a tangentially related note, Arizona will no longer be selling fan jerseys with specific players' numbers on them. Instead, jerseys sold in 2015 will have 15 on them, jerseys sold in 2016 will have 16 on them and so on. This is no doubt due to the O'Bannon settlement and it's likely that other schools will follow suit.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I heard Wazzu is getting white helmets this year. I've always thought those would look great.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
I like the helmet, the uniforms not so much. They'd probably look better without that little tiny tringle of alt color near the pit.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
That's Nike's schtick for those uniforms. Apparently, on Washington's uniforms, it's supposed to represent Husky Stadium somehow, and on Arkansas', it's supposed to be a razorback's tusks.

I don't know.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It represents that UDub is the dominant school in the Pacific Northwest, which is funny, considering they haven't beaten Oregon in a decade.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
That's Nike's schtick for those uniforms. Apparently, on Washington's uniforms, it's supposed to represent Husky Stadium somehow, and on Arkansas', it's supposed to be a razorback's tusks.

I don't know.

Why don't they just say, "This will get a ton of likes on Instagram if we use #HaGay. That will get the recruits."?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I hate the all-black trend. It's almost as bad as the teal fad of the early 90's. On that list, I wholeheartedly agree with #1: Penn State. While it looks like a default template in a Create-a-Team program, I love its spartan quality. IIRC it doesn't even contain a tiny Lions logo nor does it have Penn State written anywhere on it. Yet everyone who follows CFB knows exactly who that is when they take the field.

Fuck the catering to 17-year olds.

Wolfman21

Having seen it up close, I think our helmet will look better on the field than in a picture. We'll just have to wait until the Fall to see.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
PSU's uniforms are boring as shit. You know this when it was some huge deal that they were putting names on the back of jerseys. I spit on your tradition. Needs more chrome.