• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown about Uniforms - don we now our ghey apparel

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Also, liked these all black jerseys they wore from 2011

rut-11-allblack-richkane-hor-620x433.jpg

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Just you wait, Mike. You're going to get UConn's first Diaco uniforms and regret hating these ones.

coogrfan

PITT

pitt-script-navy-goldstroke.jpg

CELEBRATE THE RETURN OF PITT SCRIPT!
Join Pitt Athletics to celebrate the return of the Pitt Script with a new uniform unveiling featuring all 19 of Pitt's varsity sports.
Date: Wednesday, May 18
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I'd be more excited if Pittsburgh bought back their colors from the 70's and 80's than the script. All their rivals wear navy just like they do.

Really. Never understood how Navy Blue got to be so popular over more traditional royal blue. It's such a subdued, almost neutral color.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I know that BYU did a bunch of research that told them that royal blue merchandise just wasn't selling.

It is now. In fact the new coach wears royal blue merchandise all the time. Makes me wonder if he's pushing behind the scenes to go back.

coogrfan

UCF

We don't know when UCF will be ready for a complete unveiling of their new Nike football uniforms, but we got a sneak peek on Thursday.

A photo of a helmet - matte gold in color and featuring the stacked UCF logo stretched across the side - made its way to the Twittersphere and eventually the Dungeon message board.

It's very real. Scott Frost brought the helmet to a morning fundraiser on campus and explained to the crowd that it was one of four they'll have in rotation this season. Other helmet colors are said to be white, black and pewter.
Just like the helmets, we're hearing UCF will have four different jersey and pant combinations in black, gold, white and gray/anthracite. And yes, names are coming to the backs of jerseys.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I still don't understand why Jacksonville State chose to stick with the helmet they're currently using. Just a generic "JSU" on the side and a number on the other. That's pretty boring. When they wear red jerseys on red pants, it's too much. If they went to white helmets with the old classic rooster, it would be wayyy better.

DEU15092616_UTM_vs_Jacksonville_St.jpg

This but white... It seems obvious, but they ditched the old Gamecock for football/basketball in the 00's. Baseball/softball still uses "Old Red", and it's so damn classy...

jacksonville-state-cncpt.gif
DSC9624.jpg

coogrfan

PITT

pitt-script-navy-goldstroke.jpg

CELEBRATE THE RETURN OF PITT SCRIPT!
Join Pitt Athletics to celebrate the return of the Pitt Script with a new uniform unveiling featuring all 19 of Pitt's varsity sports.
Date: Wednesday, May 18
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

A guy over at CCSLC posted this pic of a throwback jersey Pitt will be wearing at some point this season as well as their new road jersey.

ChKxbKcWYAAYwGS.jpg

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Something about the numbers on the white jersey bothers me but otherwise, good enough. Super generic but not sure what else you get with Rutgers.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Nice. I wonder if there are red pants in this set.

Heard there's a black jersey as well.
There are red pants

Got the Rs on the gloves too.

Black uniform will be shown probably day of Michigan game. Wouldn;t be shocked if it had a black helmet with the new Knight head logo on the side.

coogrfan

Much, much better than what RU had been wearing the last few years. I can only hope our new uni's look half as good as these.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Something about the numbers on the white jersey bothers me but otherwise, good enough. Super generic but not sure what else you get with Rutgers.

weird font. 5 looks like an S. On the red jersey the material is bunched up around the middle of the numbers so you don't notice it as much.

I actually liked the font they had on the previous jerseys and wouldn't have mind if they kept it because at least it was something unique.

Renegade

Charge on!
they're the fucking knights with black and gold as school colors, why wouldn't they have a grey uniform.

I think after having suffered through Georgia Tech look-alike uniforms the past 10 years, that everyone is ok with de-emphasizing gold as a primary color in favor of an accent color. The gold helmet looks sharp, but gold jerseys were blah. One of the biggest challenges is that it's hard to standardize a gold color, and every school that has gold ends up with stuff that is yellow or different shades of gold.

I think the gray is a fad, but I'm fine to do stuff that is cutting edge. UCF isn't Notre Dame; we're the opposite of Notre Dame - we're not tradition, we're innovation. Let's be on the cutting edge of innovation and sometimes that's going to be a fad. And that's fine; I'd rather do that and retire stuff that's no longer the "in thing" than to keep running out our attempts to look like we've had a football team for 100 years.