• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown about Uniforms - don we now our ghey apparel

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I want Oregon to go full Nike.

Instead of a letter O on the helmets, just put giant swooshes. Jersey numbers done away with, and every player just has giant Nike swooshes on the front and back of their jerseys. In place of their names, all players will be named Kaepernick.

Alternate uniforms will be Nike swooshes on the sides of the helmet, except instead of a solid color logo, it will have a stars and stripes motif. Stripes on the sides of the pants will say "Sacrifice everything" on one leg, and "Support Our Troops" on the other.

coogrfan

300px-Bd2.jpg

Brick

I want Oregon to go full Nike.

Instead of a letter O on the helmets, just put giant swooshes. Jersey numbers done away with, and every player just has giant Nike swooshes on the front and back of their jerseys. In place of their names, all players will be named Kaepernick.

Alternate uniforms will be Nike swooshes on the sides of the helmet, except instead of a solid color logo, it will have a stars and stripes motif. Stripes on the sides of the pants will say "Sacrifice everything" on one leg, and "Support Our Troops" on the other.
not shopped

074f7d966e7d183541112e8e73b9ebfc.jpg

coogrfan

There has been some fuss this week between TT and UH regarding uniforms.

Tech holds a "Celebrate Cotton" game every year. They approached UH in Feb. about the possibility of the Red Raiders wearing their white uniforms for the game (NCAA rules state the home team can only wear white if both teams agree in writing prior to the season). UH responded by saying we can't give you an answer until tv sets a kickoff time for the game. In late May Fox announced they were picking up the game for their 3 pm window. UH duly informed Tech that they could not accommodate their request because of the kickoff time and the strong possibility of hot weather in West Texas in mid-Sept.

Jump forward to this past Weds., when TT AD Kirby Hocutt went on a Lubbock radio station and lamented UH's unwillingness to cooperate: "It's unfortunate and knowing the Red Raider Nation we'll carry that into Jones AT&T Stadium on Saturday and welcome them with West Texas hospitality," Hocutt said.

A couple of thoughts on this: 1. TT has known about UH's stance on this since early June. Why wait until a week before the game to make a fuss? 2. According to NCAA rules any such agreement has to be reached prior to the season. In this case that would be August 31; the high in Lubbock that day was 97. The weather this weekend looks to be unseasonably mild, but UH had no way to know that two weeks ago.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Yeah Houston is just being a dick about things. Same thing happened awhile back with Hawaii and Florida on some “white out cancer” thing.

I’m not sure why this is even a thing anymore. Let the home team designate a color for each game before a season and the other team has to adjust.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Are they really trying to pretend that the white jersey vs colored jersey actually makes a discernible difference during a footbaw game? Lmao shew.

coogrfan

Yeah Houston is just being a dick about things. Same thing happened awhile back with Hawaii and Florida on some “white out cancer” thing.

I’m not sure why this is even a thing anymore. Let the home team designate a color for each game before a season and the other team has to adjust.

High temp in Lubbock on Sept 15 2017: 95 degrees
Average high in Lubbock on Sept 15: 85 degrees
High in Lubbock on August 31 (the last day in which an agreement could be reached under NCAA rules): 97 degrees.

When Fox set the kickoff time 3 months ago our people told their people we could not comply with their request. TT was so outraged by this that they waited until four days before kickoff to make a fuss about it. If you can't see this is just an attempt to get the TT fanbase riled up, I can't help you.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I think Houston’s excuse would make a lot more sense if they weren’t from Texas and hadn’t just played a game in all red a week ago

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Tbh home team should be able to dictate what they wear anyway as long as they give the other team reasonable heads up. What a silly rule to have both teams agree in writing lol