• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown about Uniforms - don we now our ghey apparel

Thepro_23

View attachment 9026

View attachment 9027

SMU's Dallas uniforms were nice. They're trying to get the city to support them. There are billboards up around town featuring local athletes on the Pony's roster. I'm doubtful the average Dallasite ever supports them though. My personal experiences with SMU folk is that they're a bunch of trust fund kiddies trying to keep the old South alive and kicking after they couldn't go to Ole Miss.
You know that SMU mostly takes kids from out of state (55%). Most of those kids are from CA , Illinois, Connecticut and Florida. And I doubt anyone that went to SMU couldn’t get into Ole Miss, lol.

coogrfan

"The new FieldTurf will be customizable in a variety of ways, allowing Houston to create new field designs on its synthetic surface for each home football game. For the upcoming 2020 season, fans can expect a new design for each home game."

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon

"The new FieldTurf will be customizable in a variety of ways, allowing Houston to create new field designs on its synthetic surface for each home football game. For the upcoming 2020 season, fans can expect a new design for each home game."

Sounds like a waste of money. I mean, it sounds cool. But it sounds like something EA would have put into their game to appeal to teens. I'm sure that money could have been used for something to make the team better.

Then again, getting butts in seats is important. So I guess they think this will make people want to go to more games to see what the field looks like? Interesting, either way.

coogrfan

Sounds like a waste of money. I mean, it sounds cool. But it sounds like something EA would have put into their game to appeal to teens. I'm sure that money could have been used for something to make the team better.

Then again, getting butts in seats is important. So I guess they think this will make people want to go to more games to see what the field looks like? Interesting, either way.

Maybe so. The XFL paid for the new field so the cash outlay for UH is going to be negligible.

Last edited:

coogrfan

An inside look into UH football’s new designable turf

rawImage.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
https://unlvrebels.com/news/2020/10...otball-reveals-new-line-of-nike-uniforms.aspx

These things are always stupid, but CROOTIN SHOES really knocks it out of the park:

"I am so fortunate to have developed some deep relationships with some amazing people and pioneers at Nike that inspired me to 'stretch the possible,'" said Arroyo, who moved to Las Vegas after helping lead Oregon to the Pac-12 championship and a Rose Bowl victory as offensive coordinator last season. "With Nike, we have the important opportunity to create these different and personalized combinations, all of which help us share who we are, where we are from, and where we are going together."

"This is the beginning of a new chapter – a fresh slate -- with a chance to write our own legacy here and to take this program somewhere it's never been," said Arroyo. "Introducing a white helmet is symbolic of our steps into the future."

"We live, work and study in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is in The Silver State. According to NASA, Las Vegas, with our city lights on - is the brightest spot on Earth. We need to embrace and be a reflection of that bright image."

"Everything we do in this program, including how we present ourselves, has meaning," said Arroyo. "The same is true of our uniform choices. The anthracite gray continues the use of a primary school color and is a reminder that we represent the University, faculty and staff, all current and former students – and particularly former players. It's a constant reminder of who we are as a Rebel family."

@Brick @Yankee151

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
It looks pretty similar to the same uniform that BYU has always worn, no?

I know they went with navy blue for a while, and also had blue helmets for a time, but the white helmet, royal blue/white combo has been their standard throughout most of their history, correct?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Seems like a slap in the face to VIrgil Carter. Unless he has already been honored with this own era uniform day.

Nielsen is so tied to Houston because of being a sportscaster here for so long. I don't know that Carter has a tie to a community like that to do similarly. I know he sometimes does stuff with BYUTV's sports coverage.

It looks pretty similar to the same uniform that BYU has always worn, no?

I know they went with navy blue for a while, and also had blue helmets for a time, but the white helmet, royal blue/white combo has been their standard throughout most of their history, correct?

The shool color is still officially navy blue. Sitake has really focused on the royal. This year will probably end up being the first year since they changed in the early 2000s that they will wear more royal-based unis than navy.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
The shool color is still officially navy blue. Sitake has really focused on the royal. This year will probably end up being the first year since they changed in the early 2000s that they will wear more royal-based unis than navy.

Maybe they think a navy and white uniform looks too similar to Penn State?