• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Berlin Bomber Bears

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Lawd lawd LAWD. When Rhino, Delgado and Cruz come up, just put me down. I don't even want to feel that pain.

Foster is ready. All that kid has ever done is tear up whatever league he's in.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Lawd lawd LAWD. When Rhino, Delgado and Cruz come up, just put me down. I don't even want to feel that pain.

Foster is ready. All that kid has ever done is tear up whatever league he's in.

You're probably right, but I feel like I'm landlocked here. I guess I could eat Muhin's salary and start Foster's clock early, but I don't really like doing that.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Hard to believe Muhin is only 34. We've been talking about his ridiculous contract for ten years it seems like.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Followed up a 2-4 week one, with a 2-3 week 2. Snuffy is pitching well, but he's the only one. No one's hitting for power, but Franco looks okay. Might have to juggle some stuff.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I didn't even know he was only 34. Seems really young for him to fall off so dramatically. Maybe he'll bounce back this year.
I've noticed IMO at least that players age a lot more drastically and sooner in this game.

doh

Probably real life too if you think about it. Just seems weird that I'm not even 34. Then again, I feel like I'm ready for the glue factory.
IRL if you look at his player profile (old player skills basically walks/hr's and no speed or defense) those players seem to fall off a cliff. Happened to guys especially at 1B like Ryan Howard, Mark McGwire and others who went from MVP quality to replacement level in about a year. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to Hocine Mercier who thankfully I just have signed through next year with a TO for the next.

And yeah I enjoyed that part of the podcast @Orlando @Wendell Gee

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Pulling the trigger on the big moves. Castillo to the majors. Esquiviel to the majors. Foster to the majors. Delgado to the majors.

Bart Scott for Bruins

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Draftee Negotiations. Game says we have 15.1 Million to spend. Want to get my 1st 2 round guys in definitely tho.

Funk wants 8.5 Million to sign. :angry: Slot is 4.05 Million, so we'll split the difference and offer him 6.0 Million. :dunno:

Hinchcliffe wants 5.5 Million. Slot is 2.4 Million. Easy negotiations, so I'll offer slot. :grin:

Jon Unknown (Jauwn ??) wants 700K, slot is 1.1 Million, but very hard negotiations. I'll give him what he wants tho.

SS Dale Schultz wants 1.4 Million, slot is 1.0 Million. Offering him slot money.

CL Bill Sawyer wants 340K. Slot is 900K. Thanks Bill. :love:

SP Carl Edmonds is my hometown OG. Wants 230K, Slot is 710K. Thanks Carl. :Party:

RF Jason James wants 1.4 Million, slot is 700K. I have to think about this one. Hard negotiations, but I'm not sure he's worth it.

LF Oskar Newquist wants 320K, slot is 350K. We can do that.

SP Danny Bowman wants 260K to bypass college, but I think he's bluffing. Slot is 310K. I'll give him slot money.

LF Clay Miller wants 1.1 Million, slot is 240K. Too expensive for a guy with 0 power.

3B Terry Carr says he wants 105K, but slot is 200K. I'll give him 200K and hope it's enough to get past the tough negotiation stage.

Now time for me to eat a cheeseburger.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Are you really thinking Bruins? You can do something not a bear. Jelly Donuts? Blitzkrieg? Pilots? Brewers? Wiesse?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Funk turns down our offer of 6 Million, so we'll submit to his demands.

Hinchcliffe didn't like our offer of slot bonus, so we'll bump him up to 4 Million.

Schultz didn't like our offer either, so we'll go to slot for him as well.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Combing through the minor leagues and found an interesting prospect in single A.

Manuel Estrada. He's a decent 1B prospect, but is really struggling at the plate, with a 483 OPS last year and a 616 so far this year. He looks like he could be a good reliever, so maybe I'll flip him over.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
So we made the big trade and sent Randy Hapgood to Cairo for a package of pitchers. The fan base seemed dissapointed that we moved out Snuffy, but were excited about the additions of Gerry Wilkins and Francisco Altagracia and ecstatic about the addition of Yannick Bogers.

We also flipped our 1st round pick, #6 overall, for Key West's Belgian pitcher Claude Dupas. Dupas has struggled a bit at the major league level but he's still young and is worth a gamble on. We also got a 2nd round pick back in the trade, and I hate the draft pool.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I also liked Dupas. I thought you did fine considering this class. I saw him as a bit too risky myself.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Howard is so high on Dupas he only calls me at 4:20.
Everyone is high on his potential. His performance hasn't matched it thus far, is fragile and will be 27 before the start of the season I think. He has trended in the right direction though. I think its a great gamble for Mike though. He could play him up and flip him, or keep him around.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
We signed C Oscar Pottenger to a 1 year deal. Plus defender at the position and can take a walk and has some pop in his bat. He'll bridge the gap until Francisco Chavez is ready. My hope is he can play like he did for Las Vegas last year, not like he did in Lisbon.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

We signed Jesus Pena and Pancho Ninor to 1 year deals. Neither guys is gonna help much defensively, but hopefully they can help the young lineup.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Opening Day Lineup

3B Pancho Ninor
DH Jesus Pena
2B Luis Franco
1B Michael Foster
CF Gonzalo Castillo
RF Benny Jones
C Juriaan Slootweg
LF Abdel Sa'id
SS Luis Fernandez

Luis Delgado will play SS when he comes back from his injury, and could leadoff for us. Oscar Pottenger will be our normal catcher when he comes back from his knee injury and probably bat cleanup. Aurelio Valencia will play 1B vs lefties, while Deniska Paseko will catch on those days.

Pitching rotation
1. Francisco Altagracia
2. Yan Bouland and his sweet mutton chops
3. Carlos Esquivel
4. Claude Dupas
5. Gerry Wilkins

Closer - Butrus Barakah
Setup - Chae-heui Chang/ Ahmet Erez
Middle relief - Yannick Bogers/ Andl Ebussuud/ Santiago Torres
Long Relief - Illarion Mzhelsky

doh

I liked Frre a lot when I traded him for Grim Raper. Great eye and excellent defender at 3B. Could be a really useful player especially while at the minimum.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I liked Frre a lot when I traded him for Grim Raper. Great eye and excellent defender at 3B. Could be a really useful player especially while at the minimum.

Gonna play him in RF right now, but definitely a guy I like as my 3B next year after I let Pancho walk. Not sure how you get a 440+ OBP when you hit under .250, but Frre did it in AAA last year.

doh

He's really a only like him player in the game. He was a UDFA in 2040 and has very low work ethic yet IMO could be a good bench player and solid starter.

As long as his batting averages are above .250, I think he'll be a good WBL player. His skills are strange though. I don't think I know of many players in the game who have great eyes and are great defenders yet have no speed.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Thinking about sending the Rhino down to AAA. Guy isn't hitting at all in the majors, and probably was rushed up. Will bring Ricardo Rodriguez back to the majors and let him play LF with Igme moving to CF.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Thinking about sending the Rhino down to AAA. Guy isn't hitting at all in the majors, and probably was rushed up. Will bring Ricardo Rodriguez back to the majors and let him play LF with Igme moving to CF.

.240/.270 is not great, but all numbers are up over last year, and he's giving you positive WAR. My Alonso Donatello went .192/.225/.embarrassed his first year.