• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Berlin Bomber Bears

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Opening Day is with us and the Blitzkrieg are ready to make a playoff run after winning 83 games last year. There are some new faces on the team and hopefully they can help a little.

Zoubeir Adipo came over from Moscow and had a nice spring hitting .302 with an 865 OPS. He'll be our main catcher this year.

We brought Toby Butcher in as a utility infielder who will see some time at 1B, against lefties. He can play all 4 IF positions, but I think most of his time will come as the backup 3B against righties, which brings us to

Fernando Rivera, who got some run last year do to injuries, and has had productive seasons at AAA Hamburg the last 2 years. He's not a power hitter, but he's the fastest player on the team and knows how to steal. If he can get on basel like he did in AAA, he could be a 50+ SB guy.

Cris Carillo is our biggest addition, as we got him from Helsinborg. He'll really help our OF defense as it will shift Rhino Castillo over to Right and move Igme to the bench. I think he'll be around a .250 hitter with 20 HRs and 20 SBs.

On the pitching side, we didn't make any moves, but we are calling up Parker Gordon who I think is on the verge of being ready. Who knows?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Lego bombers
1308765023m_DISPLAY-440x293.jpg

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I love adding Carillo into the OF. I think if you have a guy like him in CF he can even mask a bit if you have bad LF/RF defensively.

Should be an interesting year. I think the top of the NL isn't as strong and perhaps a chance to win 90 games this season for you guys.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
We finally got some good hitting this year, but the pitching really killed us. Sepulveda was good in the pen and Dupas had his best season, but no one else did anything.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
The fleece on the Carillo trade is reel. Nice haul for him.
Eh, I gave up a lot to get him, so it's just balance to the force. I reely thought he would be better at the plate then he was. Oh well. I can take his money and the money I saved on Hapgoods extension and get a LF and let Funk DH full time.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
How did Snuffy end up in Cairo then Vegas for one season? Did he wander out of the asylum when everyone was at a teambuilding exercise?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
How did Snuffy end up in Cairo then Vegas for one season? Did he wander out of the asylum when everyone was at a teambuilding exercise?

I flipped him to Cairo in the middle of my 100 loss season string, then fig flipped him to doh. Then I decided I wanted him back cause I had Funk and Aguilar.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Well, we got a little closer this year. The offense had it's best year in about a decade and we saw a lot of single season records fall.

Jon Funk led the way as his .335 was the 2nd highest single season batting average and his .387 On base and .603 slugging set team records. Funk's 47 HRs were the 2nd most in a season by a Bomber Bear and Orlando Aguilar was right behind him with 46. Funk's 139 RBI were a franchise record, and Aguilar's 125 RBI were the 3rd most in a season.

Fernando Rivera broke his own single season record with 51 SBs and also broke the franchise record for getting hit by pitches with 25.

Things weren't as good on the pitching side tho, but Claude Dupas did break the team record for wins, and Julio Sepulveda did tie the team save record.

As we go into the offseason, some change is inevitable. Claude Dupas is in the last year? Will he be back? What about catcher Robert Maurice?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Sixth best record in the WBL and no playoffs... damn shame. You guys are right there.
Arms failed us. Total ERA and starter ERA were 8th in the North. That's not gonna cut it. 5.68 ERA from Hapgood and 5.39 from Altagracia made Claude Dupas and his sub 4 ERA look good.

Dupas is an interesting quandry as we go into the offseason. He wants 66 Million over 6 years, and while I like his skills, he's never really lived up to the hype and he'll be 32 when next season starts.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
We signed Kerry Corrigan on a 1 year deal. He's not much as a hitter, but he's really gonna help the pitching staff behind the dish. He won't play every day, but with Maurice gone unless he softens his demands, he should get a decent amount of burn.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Took the off-season off, but gotta figure out this lineup.

If I DH Funk, I can play Aguilar at 1B, Franco, Delgado and Rivera around the horn. Walshe can be the main utility IF.

Rhino should be in CF for defense with Farid in one of the corners. Probably left, with the grim reaper in right.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Wheels fell off.

Joe Rice got Batter of the Month for June, but that doesn't mean much when you have no pitching. Not sure what to do with these schmucks, but if you want someone, call me.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Spring Training 2080 from beautiful Zanzibar is right around the corner, and the Bomber Bears lineup is starting to come into focus.

GM Rutgers Mike Miguel refused comment on whether the roster was set, but some of the pieces are starting to come together with the acquisition of super utility player Steve Provoost and closer Yujiro Amano. A handful of players from AAA will reportedly get extended looks in spring training to try to make the roster as the 24th and 25th men.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Daily Player Profile - Graviel Freire

A former 2nd round draft pick, Graviel is finally getting an opportunity to test hisself against the WBL's best after 4+ years at the AAA level where he dominated at the plate, earning 2 platinum stick awards and an Outstanding Hitter award at that level, with 166 HRs and 587 RBI in that time. His D may have held him back in the past, but he'll get a chance to platoon in LF and maybe DH a little bit.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (of Spring Training 2080)

The Good
Volkmar Volkert and Dan Sand pitched a combined 19.1 innings of shutout ball in the spring.
Carlton Lymer had a WHIP of 0.95 in 20 spring innings
Edward Aldis hit .424 with 9 HR and a 1.451 OPS in 59 spring ABs

The Bad
Fernando Quintero and Abdul Nasser-Saleem allowed a combined 27 earned runs in 39.2 IP
3 HRs total from 1st base candidates Vargas, Gonzalez and Hernandez in 125 spring AB

The Ugly
Lars Dernesch allowed 20 earned runs in 18 spring innings with only 5 K and a 2.11 WHIP
Left fielders Boersma and Freire hit a combined .226 with 1 HR, 8 RBI and 8 runs in 115 spring AB.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Tommy Stinson picks up Player of the Month for June.

We are still hitting the ball really well, but pitching needs to pick their game up.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Down on the Farm.

The following players were named to the single A all-star game:
RP Francisco Fernández (HAM) - 1-2, 1.42 ERA, 25.1 IP, 1.03 WHIP, 13.9 K/9, 0.3 WAR
RP Toin Meshizuka (HAM) - 3-1, 2.94 ERA, 52.0 IP, 1.21 WHIP, 11.9 K/9, 1.0 WAR
RP José Santana (HAM) - 1-0, 1.40 ERA, 25.2 IP, 1.05 WHIP, 11.6 K/9, 0.6 WAR
C Robin Barke (HAM) - .263/.379/.434, 152 AB, 6 HR, 119 wRC+, 1.3 WAR
3B Emílio Canto (HAM) - .289/.398/.483, 201 AB, 9 HR, 1 SB, 137 wRC+, 2.3 WAR
SS Ed Gallant (HAM) - .299/.385/.493, 201 AB, 8 HR, 12 SB, 137 wRC+, 1.9 WAR
CF Joreão Galvo (HAM) - .292/.372/.564, 195 AB, 12 HR, 9 SB, 146 wRC+, 2.3 WAR
RF Devin Tully (HAM) - .298/.390/.456, 215 AB, 5 HR, 130 wRC+, 1.5 WAR

The following players were named to the Double A All-Star Game:
SP António Arroyo (FRA) - 6-1, 3.79 ERA, 73.2 IP, 1.09 WHIP, 9.4 K/9, 2.0 WAR
SP Rory Kent (FRA) - 8-0, 2.39 ERA, 60.1 IP, 0.93 WHIP, 9.5 K/9, 1.8 WAR
C Elliot Oxley (FRA) - .344/.385/.522, 90 AB, 2 HR, 136 wRC+, 1.1 WAR
SS Pablo Cortéz (FRA) - .306/.399/.507, 229 AB, 12 HR, 7 SB, 134 wRC+, 2.3 WAR