• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Big 12 Footbaw - It is intramurals brother.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
So is players raping women as bad as a coach raping children when it comes to punishing a program over its culture?

Just wanting to be sure because people sure got butthurt over Ped State's sanctions.

Neither one is in the NCAA's jurisdiction.

But, just like Penn State, I hope that those culpable are hammered in a court of law and sent to Federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

-YTC

coogrfan

Kendal Briles and the Baylor staff (except for Grobe) tweeted out the following earlier this evening:

In short, they called the BOR liars. Will BU still have a coaching staff on Monday?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I think the corching staff was gone after this season, anyway, especially Kendall.

Burn Waco to the ground (again).

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Welp, 3 years of a CFB playoff now, 2 of which did not feature a Bigly 12 team. The stupid and redundant title game prolly has a higher chance of keeping the conference out of the playoff than pushing one over the hump into the top 4, TBH. I'd rather have seen the Bigly 12 appeal to the NCAA to let each school schedule an extra OOC game if they wish for that now irrelevant "13th data point." Better than a guaranteed rematch. Stupid ass conference.

Anyway, looks like you can easily split the teams into tiers for 2017:

Contenders: OU, OSU, WVU, KSU
Bowl teams: TCU, Texas
Shit: Iowa State, Texas Tech, Baylor, Kansas

ISU miiiight make a bowl game if they can pull off an upset or two. The talent is there in Austin for a 7-8 win season, and I think Herman will get there. Baylor won't be good again for a while if they ever do get back.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
It's been a Power 4 for a while. The Big 12 was the best footbaw conference for about a decade starting in the mid-to-late 90s and then UT pissed everyone off and those who could leave, did. TCU and West Virginia were band-aids, nothing more, and any other school they could have added would have been the same or worse, which is why they didn't expand. Obviously Texas being shit doesn't help, because it doesn't matter how many games Baylor has won (and we don't yet know the full cost of their "success" even beyond the sexual assault scandal), no one cares about them.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
As much as I hate to say it, there are really only two schools in the Big 12 that matter on a regular basis: Texas and Oklahoma. OSU, Baylor, TCU, and Kansas State have all seen success recently, but none of those schools carry the same weight as UT and OU. Texas winning again will do a lot to improve the perception of the conference, although it will still be 5th in talent and revenue. On-field results will vary, but probably trend toward 3rd-5th most years.