1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

bruin228's NCAA 14 Dynasty

Discussion in 'Offline Dynasties' started by bruin228, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Rutgers Mike

Rutgers Mike Dr. Sad

Team:
    Rutgers
    Are you still just the OC, or are you the head ball corch now?

2. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    UCLA
    OC, this is my last year of my contract.

3. Rutgers Mike

Rutgers Mike Dr. Sad

Team:
    Rutgers
    You got a Jerry Kill 3 year deal? Good on ya.

4. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
    I was offered a renewal last year, but I want to get a HC job soon.

5. Rutgers Mike

Rutgers Mike Dr. Sad

Team:
    Rutgers
  6. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
    13-0 and in the title game against SC

I'm not sure about our chances. SC beat a similarly talented UDub team by 24 and we lost Adams for the season against Maryland. Defense only gave up 167 yards and a TD (other TD was a pick six) against Minnesota in the B1G CCG.

Rutgers Mike likes this.
  7. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
  8. Rutgers Mike

Rutgers Mike Dr. Sad

Team:
    Rutgers
  9. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
    • Even better than expected, as we beat both Tennessee and Ohio State on last second scores and went 14-0 (10-0) with a B1G title and national title. Schedule did definitely end up being easier than anticipated, though. Tennessee finished 8-5, I think, and OSU went 8-5 as well, dropping their final 5 games of the season before winning their bowl.
    • We were indeed the best offense in the country, even though we couldn't run the ball for the first five or so games and lost QB Alex Adams for the final 3 3/4 games. Bobo finished the year with 94 receptions for 1457 yards and 14 TDs, including 322 yards and 2 TDs in the title games. God Bless Bobo.
    • Defense was much improved, especially at the end of the year. Held Minnesota to 7 and 167 yards as I mentioned before and held SC to 7 second half points to allow us to come back from a 24-7 halftime deficit.
    Anyway, I think I'm going to look forward to another challenge now that I've taken Rutgers to the top. Not sure where to go though. I can either:
    • Stay at Rutgers. Don't love this idea, because I'm kind of tired of Rutgers, but it would be fun to keep playing with the guys I've recruited and attempt to keep Rutgers on top for another year.
    • Take another OC job. I was hoping either the UDub, Cal, or Oregon job would open up so I could get some experience on the West Coast, but the only stuff in the Pac-12 is Oregon State and ASU and both will be reloading. Top contenders are either Florida, who would be an immediate title contender, or MSU, which has some good pieces. The thing about Florida is that Calhoun is still their coach so there's no system fit there, but if UF hires someone non-flexbone anyway, I'll take it more seriously. I think Northwestern and TAMU are open, too.
    • Take the Arkansas State job. I got a ton of HC offers, but this is the only one I'm interested in. Could segue it into the Vandy or Mizzou job later, both of which I want. The reason I wanted West Coast experience, though, is because I want the Fresno State job, so this would prevent that. I also got offered the CMU job, and I like that opportunity okay, but eh, I don't know.

Rutgers Mike likes this.
  10. Rutgers Mike

Rutgers Mike Dr. Sad

Team:
    Rutgers
    I'm kind of tired of Rutgers too. Eh, let's do a repeat.

11. goblue96

goblue96 Disney and Curling Expert

Team:
    Michigan
    The answer is always leave Rutgers for a better gig.

[​IMG]

bruin228 likes this.
  12. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
    That's what I did. Took the UF job. Kind of regret it, but what can you do. I should only be here for a year. We should be title contenders and it should be a lot of fun with UF, UGA, UT, UM, LSU, Bama, and FSU all there as well. Miami-Georgia-Florida is the current top 3.

We're 2-0 and #1 in the country already after a win over Nevada and a 34-31 OT win over previous #1 Miami in their place in what's probably the best game I've played in NCAA 14.

Rutgers started the season #8 and lost their opener to Wyoming 42-39, so they're back to their old ways already. The DC also left for the Maryland HC job, so whole new staff is in Piscataway outside of Drinkawitz. Chris Ash is still in Gainesville with a 99 rated defense at his disposal.

Florida Gators

Schauwn likes this.
  13. Rutgers Mike

Rutgers Mike Dr. Sad

Team:
    Rutgers
  14. bruin228

Team:
    UCLA
    You got a title out of it!

15. Rutgers Mike