• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

BSCFL continued

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@TXHusker05

That is fine. I won't be on the XBOX tonight. The filename is navyod3 and the password is bscfl.

That gives us a 11 with one more to go in the MAC. @BulgyTexas is supposed to join and pick from the MAC.

I will try and plug my Xbox into my monitor and join as Ohio. I'm guessing I'll end up on auto for the first few weeks but once I get settled back in I should be good.

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
@NavyHog I'm coming in with Western Michigan. My oldest brother is headed to basic in a few weeks and this is his last weekend at home. I'll be back Sunday evening, if you can schedule a bye week 1 I'd appreciate it.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Guys I tried to do some scheduling this morning and it wouldn't accept upload my changes. I then tried to recruit in the Powerhouse and I got the same messages (saying it wouldn't upload/OD unavailable).

I'm probably done here. I'm not going to fight this shit trying to jury rig solutions every other week. I will try again tonight, but I think we are more than likely done (or at least I am).

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
Guys I tried to do some scheduling this morning and it wouldn't accept upload my changes. I then tried to recruit in the Powerhouse and I got the same messages (saying it wouldn't upload/OD unavailable).

I'm probably done here. I'm not going to fight this shit trying to jury rig solutions every other week. I will try again tonight, but I think we are more than likely done (or at least I am).

I was coming to say something about this. It wouldn't let me join last night. I got the server error, and it wouldn't let me recruit or fix rosters in my lonely OD.

Has anyone tried '13 to see if the servers work?

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator

Did you do the clear cache first?

I honestly have zero interest in doing the clear cache over and over just to get shit to save, but I am curious to see if that's the key here so at least we can isolate the problem/solution. That way the people who do want to continue can at least know what they're working with.

The only way I was able to get anything in Powerhouse to save after at least a dozen attempts was backing all the way out to the Xbox memory settings to clear cache before each step (game, recruiting and advance). That sure isn't worth the effort.

Walter323

Website has been working for me

Just watched the latest 30 for 30. The end talks about NCAA and video games

fuck Ed obanon

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Website has been working for me

Just watched the latest 30 for 30. The end talks about NCAA and video games

fuck Ed obanon

College athletes will be lucky to receive enough money from this lawsuit to buy a copy of the game they got canceled. The entire thing turned into a farce and the only reason it continues is because the lawyers enjoy money.

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
What sucks the most is hearing the developers talk about what they had worked on for PS4 and XB1.

Upgradeable stadiums, AD mode, better and more customizable equipment. I get where the athletes are coming from. But hell, if I was in a videogame that's reward enough for me.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I also read something about changing your settings to 2005 or something like that. SMDH.....

I will see if I can get it advanced. I too love this game, but there are limits.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
What sucks the most is hearing the developers talk about what they had worked on for PS4 and XB1.

Upgradeable stadiums, AD mode, better and more customizable equipment. I get where the athletes are coming from. But hell, if I was in a videogame that's reward enough for me.

Upgradeable stadiums + AD mode would have been awesome. My favorite part of OD mode is actually the offline stuff. Creating playbooks, recruiting, etc. To be able to expand some of that to upgradeable stadiums, finances, booster/fundraising activities, sponsorship deals and equipment, etc would have been great.

Honestly, I would be more than happy with a game with the most jumbled random rosters imaginable. We all use custom edited rosters anyway, make the players look like the Incredible Hulk for all I care. I wish the two sides could have just come to an agreement like that rather than drag it out into a year(s) long lawsuit where no one wins except the lawyers. None of the players are going to get paid and no one gets to play the game. I will also say that the players IN the game were typically the first people in line at Walmart at midnight of release day to GET the game. Walk in to Nebraska's players lounge during the season and you'd see multiple TVs with NCAA being played on it. The only people that seem to care are lawyers and scrubs who saw a quick buck.

EA, the NCAA and the players should have just come together and said okay we will create completely jumbled rosters going forward if the NCAA fully licenses it and in exchange, EA and the NCAA will split the damages to all previous players involved in the class action lawsuit. Everyone wins. The money saved on lawyer's fees alone probably covers the initial cost, never mind the amount of money follow up games would generate.

The whole thing is just stupid. The only people who won are the lawyers.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Would anyone be interested in trying to get an OD going on '13? We could auto-name the rosters, use an old slider set and see if that works.

Set one up and do a SIM for a few weeks.

Im going to hop on later and try and advance.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
its hotter in Aug, we went last year, i think my kids are finally to the age where i won't have to go back

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I will work on it this weekend. Once I get 6-8 people I will get it started in the next couple of weeks.

Open to conference alignments or any other suggestions.

Few things that are concrete:

- same sliders
- CAP of 5 on recruiting
- must start out as a 1 star w/exception of Akecheta

@Flanntastic
@Walter323
@bruin228
@bluejay13
@Akecheta (I will let you roll with Arkansas State if you want)
@M Smith
@SandS2910
@Wpotty

GT: evans1341

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
All prior to your first game take the time to take a look at the rules. It may seem lengthy, but most of it is common sense. I will call out a few things for further emphasis:

- no run commit. Big pet peeve of mine.
- no fake FG or punts
- scoring cap of 70 unless you are within 14 points of your opponent. Violators will be sanctioned.
- no chew clock unless within last 2 minutes of 1st and 2nd half. It's not written, but I do not want to see guys go below 10 on the play clock unless it's within the last 2 minutes. We are here to "play ball".

4th down rules
- Inside opponents 40, if 4th-3 or less
- If trailing in the 4th
- If trailing by 21+ points
- End of the Half Hail Mary

- You have 48-72 hours to play your CPU and user games
- extensions generally allowed if communicated
- will advance once all games are played (I'm not waiting on you to recruit)

Wyoming - @Walter323
UMass - @SJGMoney
Fresno St - @bruin228
Texas State - @bluejay13
Old Dominion - @Brandon
SDSU - @JHawkJohn
Navy - @connorthickey
Nevada @Deveiopment
Tulsa @RedRaider10
ASU @drewroberson44
GSU @Akecheta

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
[QUO="SJGMoney, post: 295941, member: 378"]Yes definitely. Will do tonight, early[/QUOTE]

No worries.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Yep, no alerts. No big deal but would have been nice to play.

Weird you didn't get the alerts. However, alerts or not how did you miss the "Week 2 thread"? Knowing this I would recommend you going inside the " BSCFL forum" daily to endure you aren't left out.

Every advance I will break out the game schedule in a separate thread. @SJGMoney