• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CFB Revamped

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Finally got it installed. I kept screwing up when booting the game. I expected the emulator to look for a .iso file so I thought I had installed it incorrectly when it was just looking for a folder path. @Schauwn also helped me out a bit so props to him. Unfortuately, I do not have a decent computer so I can't play games but the simulation aspect works great. I started a dynasty with Wyoming. Happy to report we went 7-5 with no bowl in year 1.

(sidenote: Lol @me that a near-decade old game on an emulator is going to be the catalysyt for me to finally upgrade my PC after so long.)

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Finally got it installed. I kept screwing up when booting the game. I expected the emulator to look for a .iso file so I thought I had installed it incorrectly when it was just looking for a folder path. @Schauwn also helped me out a bit so props to him. Unfortuately, I do not have a decent computer so I can't play games but the simulation aspect works great. I started a dynasty with Wyoming. Happy to report we went 7-5 with no bowl in year 1.

(sidenote: Lol @me that a near-decade old game on an emulator is going to be the catalysyt for me to finally upgrade my PC after so long.)

The last catalyst for me was Stellaris being horribly optimized and crushing my potato by year 2400.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Is there a way to keep the emulator settings as low as possible? I still get some stuttering or minor glitches so I may have to be sim only like Shats. My computer isn't amazing but I have a 1660 and an I7 so I haven't ran into issues before

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Schauwn

Lower the default resolution? I also had to go with Legacy shader mode, and I needed to select "write color buffers"

worst2first

I want to install this but I am currently at a loss to understand the process. The quickstart instructions don't make sense to me.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I want to install this but I am currently at a loss to understand the process. The quickstart instructions don't make sense to me.

Where are you stuck?

Download the game. Go to the instructions site. Pick PC (if PC). Pick game disc I guess. Pick which controller. You end up at a guide like this

Use this site as your base guide and Install RPCS3 (there are instructions linked in the above link).

worst2first

Well, shit. I have an X-Box controller and I don't know how to get it to work with the game. Any ideas?

Edit: I think I got it. Here we go!

worst2first

Damn, this is a blast from the past. I'm getting a prompt that a newer version of RPS3 is available. Should I update it?

Some of the teams have weird logos in the screen where you select your team to start. Coastal Carolina had the New Mexico State logo. Is this just a glitch or something?

What settings do you suggest?

I guess I'm going to have to find some coach mode sliders too.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I haven’t had the logo issue.

Updating RPCS3 always goes smoothly for me. There’s an update like every day

worst2first

I reinstalled CFBR and it didn't fix those two teams. I also noticed the icon in RPCS3 didn't change like the guide said it would.

worst2first

y dont u bitch at them on github

I might get on their discord to ask about it. I thought it might be just the logo on the main screens but Charlotte's uniforms and stadium are also those of UConn. It's not taking away from my enjoyment of the game but it's kind of annoying.

Schauwn

I think that might be a version issue? I think one of the last updates was fixing those schools IIRC

worst2first

If anyone that has this gets a chance will you let me know if you see uniform issues? Charlotte and Coastal Carolina are messed up for me and New Mexico has UCF helmets for some reason. I deleted everything, downloaded it again, and reinstalled and it's still the same. I saw that there are still teams they need to work on and I'm wondering if they just haven't got to these teams yet. It's not hampering my enjoyment of the game at all but I would like to know if I did something wrong.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I have the issue with New Mexico. I think Coastal was normal, but what’s your issue with them? I’ll check tomorrow when I’m back home

worst2first

I have the issue with New Mexico. I think Coastal was normal, but what’s your issue with them? I’ll check tomorrow when I’m back home

Coastal has the logo for NMSU. I started a new dynasty at New Mexico and am about to play them. It even shows the game as the Rio Grande Rivalry. I suspect it will be like Charlotte and they'll have the NMSU uniforms. Charlotte appears as UConn for me. I suspect they just haven't gotten to these teams yet looking at the different versions of CFBR they've released.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Coastal has the logo for NMSU. I started a new dynasty at New Mexico and am about to play them. It even shows the game as the Rio Grande Rivalry. I suspect it will be like Charlotte and they'll have the NMSU uniforms. Charlotte appears as UConn for me. I suspect they just haven't gotten to these teams yet looking at the different versions of CFBR they've released.

Have you tried using teams that aren't butt?

Schauwn

Pretty incredible (sincerely) that out of the 5-10 guys here that downloaded and have played, none of us have to seem to run into the bugs you have.