• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Phil hitting from one side of the crowd to the other lol

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I don't watch golf, but I know enough about it to know that Tiger didn't even birdie a single par 5 yesterday. He has no prayer.

Schauwn

I don't watch golf, but I know enough about it to know that Tiger didn't even birdie a single par 5 yesterday. He has no prayer.
ESPN just flashed a stat on the screen that he is only one of two players in the field to not make a birdie or better on the par-5s. Him and some amateur.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He's also paired with some random doughy Aussie who is kicking his ass hahaha

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Listening to boomers talk at the bar, coveting Masters greens like it's the girl that got away. Just fucking croak, you plant a little zoysia and now you know about PREEMO GRASS. I hope Vijay and Tiger are tag teaming your wives

Wolfman21

Listening to boomers talk at the bar, coveting Masters greens like it's the girl that got away. Just fucking croak, you plant a little zoysia and now you know about PREEMO GRASS. I hope Vijay and Tiger are tag teaming your wives

The masters is to pleb golf knowledge as the world cup is to pleb soccer knowledge. Its amazing how many people care about and know things about those two sports during those events and then disappear for the next 1 and 4 years

Wolfman21

i figured reed could play scratch golf and prolly bring this one home...but was a lil worried when Mcilroy got off to such a good start and reed got shaky. If Spieth were just a few shots closer to start this round...

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Kind of lost in all this was how well Fowler played in the final round. I feel like his final rounds in majors haven't been bad, but have always been just average. That could all be in my head though. Nice to see him make a run.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I am legitimately shocked that Rory didn't win this easily. 3 behind Reed, and Reed only shoots -1. Rory was the only person that could catch him, and he floundered big time. I think missing that putt on 2 knocked him out. He couldn't make anything after that. I thought after his up and down on 1 and that approach on 2, it was going to be his day. It's just weird. Rory has all the tools, but it seems to take a lot to click for him. That said, I could see him going on one of his tears this summer. He's right there at this point.

I'm not a huge fan of Reed, but I don't really mind him like others do. I know his history, but he seems to be pretty clean on the PGA Tour. I'm guessing he's not very popular there, and his personal life is strange, but I don't really care much about that stuff. He took punches from Rory, Spieth, and Fowler and just kept going and kept steady. Pretty impressive.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I know shit about golf, but I was rooting for him. He's a little fat and sloppy and not some manicured twink like the rest of them. Plus, he comes from a fucked up family like most of the rest of us and that is refreshing to see compared to the rest of these privileged twats.

bruin

So why isn’t Reed liked? Just read in the paper that the gallery was mute on his walk on 18 and that there were whispers of people wishing he’d bogey or choke.

Fans really pulling for Rory? That twink that called off his engagement via email three days before the wedding? What a real man he is.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
So why isn’t Reed liked? Just read in the paper that the gallery was mute on his walk on 18 and that there were whispers of people wishing he’d bogey or choke.

Fans really pulling for Rory? That twink that called off his engagement via email three days before the wedding? What a real man he is.

I just read this, it should help. http://www.golf.com/knockdown/2018/04/08/masters-patrick-reed-estranged-family-complex-mix-emotions

It's a lot of hearsay but you get a pretty good idea of the tension. I thought my fam was fucked up. Sheesh.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

He allegedly cheated in college (in golf, not school, as far as I know) and stole equipment from his teammates. He got booted from his first college team (UGA) for drinking, supposedly. He then went to Augusta State, where despite winning 2 national championships, his teammates voted to kick him off the team.

He's estranged from his family. The supposed reason is because they told him he was too young to get married. I think there's something else going on there.

There are also tons whispers about other things about him. He went to high school and college in Augusta and people still weren't cheering for him. There's something else there.

Reed also cultivates a loner personality and is not very fan friendly (which is very different from Rory).

bruin

He allegedly cheated in college (in golf, not school, as far as I know) and stole equipment from his teammates. He got booted from his first college team (UGA) for drinking, supposedly. He then went to Augusta State, where despite winning 2 national championships, his teammates voted to kick him off the team.

He's estranged from his family. The supposed reason is because they told him he was too young to get married. I think there's something else going on there.

There are also tons whispers about other things about him. He went to high school and college in Augusta and people still weren't cheering for him. There's something else there.

Reed also cultivates a loner personality and is not very fan friendly (which is very different from Rory).

Hm. That’s wild.

Also saw a pic of him in South Bend for the UGA last sept. In ND gear. So I can see that.

He was awesome in the last Ryder Cup, I remember.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
A friend of mine played golf for Augusta State in the early 2000’s. They ain’t choir boys or Rhodes Scholars.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
His teammates at Georgia were named: Russell Henley, Harris English, and Hudson Swafford

OTOH, he named his daughter Windsor...

Also, you would love Brian Harman, who was also Reed's teammate in Georgia. Dude is 5'6", probably 140 sopping wet, and is just a bulldog.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I like Reed. Love his attitude and the way he plays. I'm glad he won. And as a bonus we now know he's better than Rickie.

CJ_24

Rory also likes to play fast. He was 1 under after 4 (and hit a beautiful tee shot on 4). Then they ran into the Rahm-Fowler pairing ahead of them, and had to wait the rest of the day. It doesn't surprise me too much when Rory plays poorly when the pace is slow.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Richard Kind is one of the GOATs.

"I'm not pointing fingers - but you killed him. You did."

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Rory also likes to play fast. He was 1 under after 4 (and hit a beautiful tee shot on 4). Then they ran into the Rahm-Fowler pairing ahead of them, and had to wait the rest of the day. It doesn't surprise me too much when Rory plays poorly when the pace is slow.
They played in 4 hours. It's that really that slow in PGA tour terms? I don't recall a time where they were waiting excessively or anything. Imo Rory played poorly. No excuses.

Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Best round to watch is when John Daly is in last place on Saturday-Sunday and there’s an odd number of players. Means he goes out by hisself and plays the round in like 90 minutes while giving zero fucks.

NML

Going to TPC Saturday. Gon be hot as balls so I’ll likely just bounce around different booze tents but also considered following Tiger. Don’t know what I’d do about that all day boner though

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Going to TPC Saturday. Gon be hot as balls so I’ll likely just bounce around different booze tents but also considered following Tiger. Don’t know what I’d do about that all day boner though
Attended back in 97 and 98. Had an absolute blast! Scored a few signed pieces of swag during the practice rounds. Though we did walk with a few pairings, the best viewing area was between the 16th green and 17 tee box.

Hope you have a good time boozing it up!

Reactions: NML

NML

Sorry, the answer we were looking for “golf is for rich, white people.”

Better luck next time