• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I don't understand why people like to root for Tiger. He doesn't seem very likable to me to me. When he was really good, he was a major boring robotic asshole. I guess his comeback is impressive and I am not rooting against the guy, but jeez, his drive and determination were never in question.

What is it about him that you Tiger lovers like? Is it just because he was so good and you enjoyed the greatness? Kinda like me and my boy Bron Bron?

Schauwn

I don't understand why people like to root for Tiger. He doesn't seem very likable to me to me. When he was really good, he was a major boring robotic asshole. I guess his comeback is impressive and I am not rooting against the guy, but jeez, his drive and determination were never in question.

What is it about him that you Tiger lovers like? Is it just because he was so good and you enjoyed the greatness? Kinda like me and my boy Bron Bron?

To me, it was exactly this, to me. I was never a super big fan of his personally, but it was still amazing to watch someone be so dominant.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I think what you two just said, and as a sports fan I like and appreciate that level of play even if I don't much care for the dude or am a fan of them.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, Tiger was so much better than anyone else that it was just incredible to watch. The decade he had from 1999-2009 will never be matched in golf. He was doing stuff that was unimaginable for a long time. People don't win majors by 5+ strokes like he did.

At first, it wasn't clear he was a huge dick either. Professional golf really sucked before him. It was all a bunch of stuffy, boring, middle age white guys. Like this guy:

Tiger was so different from that. It's funny to look back on that now, because he's clearly an asocial dork, but he was full of swag and coolness compared to the dudes on the late 90s/early 00s PGA Tour.

Brick

good thing showing up with a boner at the denver greyhound station won't make you stand out in a crowd

something backdoor cornhole off the I-25 fountain creek exit 119 chickfila something

bruin

love me some Ryder Cup.

Sir Nick Faldo def eats ass.

Fags tried to start the SKOL CHANT with a yell leader @Brick

Leggo AMERICA

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Mickelson-Dechambeau

nkgrltrain_off_cliff.gif

NML

Koepka is the best player in the world right now. Why is he not playing every match?

The Bubba/Webb pairing seems like we just threw in the towel for one

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Phil should be at home on his couch. I'm not sure why bubba and Phil are there in an alternate shot format when both are out of form. If you need to rest others play them in four ball where a bad shot doesn't totally kill the hole. Imo at least.

NML

Phil sits all day. Probably for the best

Woods only playing against Molinari and Fleetwood apparently

bruin

Pathetic. Fleetwood and little guy pushed our shit in all weekend.

No balls.

Furyk can go fuck himself.

Go do another stupid dancing vid, lefty you loser so people forget what happened at the Open.

NML

Finau pooping on Fleetwood.

US definitely in position to make the comeback, but they need a late surge here

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Tiger with the club twirl right into the thick rough lmao.

This is gonna be lost by DJ and Tiger losing matches they could’ve and should’ve won

NML

Tiger with the club twirl right into the thick rough lmao.

This is gonna be lost by DJ and Tiger losing matches they could’ve and should’ve won

Didn’t see much of DJ’s match, but I don’t think Poulter has ever lost a singles.

This was lost when Europe took 8 straight matches from Friday to Saturday

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Didn’t see much of DJ’s match, but I don’t think Poulter has ever lost a singles.

This was lost when Europe took 8 straight matches from Friday to Saturday
Yeah this is the real answer, but there was a glimmer of hope today if DJ and Tiger pulled it out. DJ had a lead and just choked a few away to give Poulter momentum and it was over

Reactions: NML

goblue96

Furyk's captain picks:

Mickelson: 0-2
Tigger: 0-4
Dechambeau: 0-2 (pending outcome of dead rubber singles match)
Finau: 2-1

Combined: 2-11

NML

I’d question his decisions in France moreso than his picks. He had to bring Tiger, that wasn’t even a choice. It’s really hard to not being Dechambeau since he was next best from the automatic qualifiers. Phil is somewhat questionable, but I’m not sure who the next best option was. Maybe Kuchar?

Finau was the only real wild card and he played well.

goblue96

Phil is very questionable. He's played like ass most of the summer and during the "playoffs" but somehow finished 10th in the Ryder Cup points (did he have a strong 2017?)

Highest ranked Americans who didn't go:

12) Xander Schauffele
13) Matt Kucher
14) Kevin Kisner
16) Kyle Stanley

Bryson was 9. Phil 10. Tigger 11.

I would have played Bryson in four-ball not just in foursomes. His quirky outlook on the game would not be as exposed in four-ball.

I listened to the radio feed on the way to officiate my field hockey game yesterday and the announcers were killing the Americans for making stupid match play errors and letting the Europeans get away with the few mistakes that they did make.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
When you get beat this bad, it doesn’t matter who the captain is. The players just sucked. Picking Xander instead of Phil doesn’t change the result. Different teams don’t either. It’s a bad course for the US players, in front of a hostile crowd, and they played like shit. Nothing Furyk could have done with that combination.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
To a point, sure. He can put players in better spots where they are more comfortable though. That's his job and he failed at it imo.