• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
At this point since we have nothing to lose maybe we should hire a coach with a losing record. You never know.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Babers would be an awesome hire just because every Indiana-Illinois game would be 84-80.

Ander1345

It's unlikely that he ends up the HC. The player making the allegations was a offensive lineman after all.

Unlikely the other coaches knew nothing. There might not be anything to implicate them, but they're all gone regardless. He has a .01% chance of being the HC next year. He has to win nothing short of a playoff birth and prove somehow he's done nothing wrong.

Ander1345

Babers would be fine as a hire but I want to look elsewhere. Pac 12 or SEC asistant if possible.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
also, Sarkisian should be on the list now. Warm at least. From what I've heard, he's as good as gone. Playoff berth might only save him. @Rutgers Mike

After the way he handled himself at the press conference, and then later on 'splaining an expense report of $1000 for alkeehol while he was HC at Washington, his seat is definitely warm.

$1000 for alcohol? Sheesh - that's like a Thursday night for @bruin , amirite?

gilstein21

I don't see Mason returning. If Vandy slightly cares about football, he probably won't make it to the end of the season.

Carolina Blue

Texas is a mess.

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1586647-sources-fenves-close-to-done-with-patterson

Billionaire Houston trial lawyer Joe Jamail, 89, who has given tens of millions of dollars to the university and whose name is on the field at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium as well as UT’s swim center, canceled his suite at Texas football games this year.

Jamail declined to be interviewed about the decision. But those close to Jamail, who still practices law, say he’s disenchanted with the direction of UT athletics.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Tejas would be really stupid to fire Charlie Strong. The guy is a proven coach. He is still dealing with Mack Browns mismanagement.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Sounds like the Michigan debacle. These guys try to run this like a true business and piss off the loyal fans.
bff0581f7803ee49ce5e879b3f18d844_crop_north.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
If Texas is Michigan, then that makes Strong DickRod. I wonder who their Hoke would be.

Texas would be so dumb to fire Strong. Give him another 3 years at least. But he will probably only get one more year.

Lightningwar

Administrator
He might get one season under the new AD, but I think he's all but gone.
I agree. New ADs like to establish their dominance. Easiest way to do that is take out the biggest dick on the block, the football coach.

I suspect unless Texas has a great 2016 he will be fired at the end of the season.

Taishair

I hope Texas keeps Charlie Strong as their HC forever and ever. That should tell you all you need to know about how good that would be for Texas.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
If Texas is Michigan, then that makes Strong DickRod. I wonder who their Hoke would be.

Texas would be so dumb to fire Strong. Give him another 3 years at least. But he will probably only get one more year.

Greg Robinson = Brady Hoke

damn....Robinson went 5-37 at Syracuse. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bruin

Honestly Texas and Strong dont fit. At all. With the Longhorn Network and the visiblity...they need someone with some sort of charisma. Charlie just wants to go coach football.

This.

Still think Todd Graham and Texas would be a match. He'd take the job in a heartbeat, too. But he coached HS football in Texas and with those politics who knows.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It's no worse than what's going on in South Carolina.

Who could take over for Spurrier? There are candidates out there. South Carolina alumnus Mark Dantonio will turn 60 before the next football season and has a nice set-up at Michigan State -- but despite his health issues, Dantonio might be able to coach another eight or ten years, and as Bear Bryant famously put it, coaches react differently when mama calls. Tanner could use the influx of cash from the conference's new media deals and play on Dantonio's sentiment for his alma mater and perhaps make a compelling pitch.

Start making those "Coming Home" videos now. :laughing:

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2015/...rier-retire-south-carolina-gamecocks-football

Ander1345

Soured pretty hard on Cubit as a potential candidate for the HC job at Illinois after this week.

Burned two timeouts just to fail a fourth down attempt, and the offense looked completely put of sync against two real opponents, though Kent State gave Minny a close game.

I just don't want a near .500 overall record coach who has always sniffed but never found the next step.

I want a flashy hire. I'm thinking that I almost want a risky hire.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Soured pretty hard on Cubit as a potential candidate for the HC job at Illinois after this week.

Burned two timeouts just to fail a fourth down attempt, and the offense looked completely put of sync against two real opponents, though Kent State gave Minny a close game.

I just don't want a near .500 overall record coach who has always sniffed but never found the next step.

I want a flashy hire. I'm thinking that I almost want a risky hire.

Mike Stoops.

Ander1345

Interesting. Like what he does on D. Probably has a nicer situation going on as DC under Bob than he would have most other places though.