• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

Soonerfan09

Soured pretty hard on Cubit as a potential candidate for the HC job at Illinois after this week.

Burned two timeouts just to fail a fourth down attempt, and the offense looked completely put of sync against two real opponents, though Kent State gave Minny a close game.

I just don't want a near .500 overall record coach who has always sniffed but never found the next step.

I want a flashy hire. I'm thinking that I almost want a risky hire.
Mangino.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Mike Riley to volcanic hot lava. Losing that way to fucking Illinois? Infuckingexcusable.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Why the fuck would you hire a do-nothing like Riley anyway? You're Nebraska ffs. This is what anyone should have expected with this hire.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Is Mike Riley on the hot seat yet? Can we talk about how they had Tommy Armstrong pass the ball 31 times for 3.4 YPA while the running game was averaging 5.5 yards per carry?

Renegade

Charge on!
Have good word that O'Leary is out at the end of the year and will also not be named Athletic Director.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Is Mike Riley on the hot seat yet? Can we talk about how they had Tommy Armstrong pass the ball 31 times for 3.4 YPA while the running game was averaging 5.5 yards per carry?

No not for me but I'm sure he will be by the end of the year. The BYU and Miami games you could write off but Illinois is a really bad loss. Thought at the start of the season Nebraska would finish in the 6-6 to 8-4 range. Probably should finish with at least 4 wins so things are looking up.

Also, that's big ten passing leader Tommy Armstrong to you

Reactions: bjc

Renegade

Charge on!
My top three HC candidates are Ed Orgeron, Willie Fritz, and Tommy Bowden, I think. Still putting some thought into it, since I never thought this day would (hopefully soon) come, but off the top of my head, that's where I am. Need to learn more about some successful coordinators that may be out there.

My preference would be to get a coach that wants to run out of the spread (always loved the Pat White offense) and is still committed to defense. I don't want to be Tulsa where the goal is to score 50 because the opponent is going to score 49 without a doubt.

Brick

My top three HC candidates are Ed Orgeron, Willie Fritz, and Tommy Bowden, I think.

DF2DFhS.gif

Renegade

Charge on!
Well, Bowden is there because I expect our president will want another well-established coach, and I think he's the least offensive one I can think of. Obviously the Bowden name is worth a lot in Orlando with both fans and donors, as well as with recruits. So that's the upside there.

As to Ed O., I think his interim year at Southern Cal shows he made a lot of progress; I know he talks a lot about his lessons learned at Ole Miss and how he changed his approach during the year at Southern Cal. And there's no doubt that he can recruit and would also be a hit with fans and boosters, so yeah, he's at the top of my list. It's a gamble, but it's a gamble that could pay off huge.

UCF really needs someone that can go out in the community and expand the fan/donor base and also really hit it off with the big donors, the media, and recruits. I think Ed O. can do all that.

Brick

Bowden was just barely mediocre at Clemson, and has been out of coaching since 2008. His best season ended with a Champs Sports Bowl trophy. I don't see how he is appealing at all. It would be the most boring hire in history. No one would respect it. You'd never have anything other than perpetual shitty bowl appearances.

I don't even know why I need to explain Orgeron. That is crazy talk. He was an abject failure at Ole Miss, and mid-season replacement coaches almost always do well because the players all mad. He had two tough games, Stanford and UCLA, and he split those (UCLA killed them). The other five teams they beat were bad. It showed nothing. He is a walking media headline, nothing more.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I got a soft spot for Orgeron because he makes up a substantial portion of the influences I use for my Mr. Manager shtick.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
My top three HC candidates are Ed Orgeron, Willie Fritz, and Tommy Bowden, I think. Still putting some thought into it, since I never thought this day would (hopefully soon) come, but off the top of my head, that's where I am. Need to learn more about some successful coordinators that may be out there.

My preference would be to get a coach that wants to run out of the spread (always loved the Pat White offense) and is still committed to defense. I don't want to be Tulsa where the goal is to score 50 because the opponent is going to score 49 without a doubt.

Mike Stoops? He'd be a great fit.

coogrfan

Sorry, Tom Herman is taken. :cool:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Randy Edsall out at Maryland

Firing the Fridge for this asshole was probably one of the worst coaching hires/decisions in the past decade. 22-33 at Maryland. Maryland was 9-4 the year before he arrived, for comparison. Yuck.

Renegade

Charge on!
Firing the Fridge for this asshole was probably one of the worst coaching hires/decisions in the past decade. 22-33 at Maryland. Maryland was 9-4 the year before he arrived, for comparison. Yuck.

And James Franklin was on staff!

Craig7835

This.

Still think Todd Graham and Texas would be a match. He'd take the job in a heartbeat, too. But he coached HS football in Texas and with those politics who knows.

He'll send his ASU players a text message letting them know he's gone & will tell the media "this was my dream job"

Renegade

Charge on!
Ok, updating my "to interview" list a bit. Assuming that guys like Schiano and Marrone are not reasonable, I've got Bill Clark, Mark Hudspeth, and Willie Fritz. Tell me what you think.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Ok, updating my "to interview" list a bit. Assuming that guys like Schiano and Marrone are not reasonable, I've got Bill Clark, Mark Hudspeth, and Willie Fritz. Tell me what you think.

You should think about DJ Durkin. He'd be a great fit at a Florida school. I'm just not sure if he'd want to take the UCF job when he could probably wait a year or two and get a power 5 job.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
You should think about DJ Durkin. He'd be a great fit at a Florida school. I'm just not sure if he'd want to take the UCF job when he could probably wait a year or two and get a power 5 job.

Ummmm....Michigan can keep Durkin.

Brady Hoke is STILL available.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Ummmm....Michigan can keep Durkin.

Brady Hoke is STILL available.

Durkin is going to be a head corch in the next couple of years. I think he'll stick around after this year, but I'd say it's looking iffy after that. Especially if this defense continues to be dominant.

Renegade

Charge on!

My only worry with a coach like that is getting Fedora'd by building for a couple of quick winning seasons to spring into that big time job, rather than focusing on the long term.