• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

Renegade

Charge on!
That blows hard...just when they were getting turned around too. I'd have to think they have little choice but to promote a current staff member.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Why would Clark leave in the middle of building up UAB?

He's not going anywhere one year away from qualifying for state retirement. After that...

He poached a few more coaches from JSU this month, so he's already got thinking a few moves ahead. I bet he never coaches another game for the Blazers.

gilstein21

He's not going anywhere one year away from qualifying for state retirement. After that...

He poached a few more coaches from JSU this month, so he's already got thinking a few moves ahead. I bet he never coaches another game for the Blazers.
who'd he take?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Wisconsin hires Justin Wilcox as the new DC

WILCOX.gif

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
OC hire makes or breaks this. Other than that he's mostly a splashy hire to drum up interest in the program. Hope there's a HC in waiting of some kind cuz best case Lovie is him probably doing well enough for another NFL gig.

PSUEagle

I don't even...

Interested in seeing what kind of staff he puts together: that as much as anything else hurt him late Chicago/Tampa Bay.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Tressel would be an interesting hire. If you want a guy who zero emotion and zero ability to control his team Frazier is your man. Al Golden, we saw what he could do in a fertile recruiting area. Love to see how he sells cars in Illinois.

Edit: Didnt see Lovie was offered the job.

Craig7835

I don't even...

Interested in seeing what kind of staff he puts together: that as much as anything else hurt him late Chicago/Tampa Bay.

The OC's Lovie had with the Bears & Tampa Bay are as follows:

Ron Turner
Mike Martz
Mike Tice(which was a F-U response to the fans when he fired Martz)

Tampa Bay he had Jeff Tedford before he quit for health reasons & Dirk Koetter, now the Tampa coach. Let's hope he doesn't hire someone shitty.If I was Lovie,I would borrow a page from Harbaugh's PB as far as hiring a staff goes,but this is Lovie we talking about here,so......

Tedford... i dunno for some reason he seemed to just get to Tampa and change his mind.. the few interviews he did he seemed about as excited as Clay Aiken reading the SI Swimsuit edition. Then he took the entire season to recover from what's typically a 2-3 week off surgery, then just sorta went away. Everyone tried to deflect criticism away from Lovie, but he hired the guy. Maybe figure out if he wants to be there first.

Anyway Lovie will bring his 2 shitty kids (the one he anointed secondary coach in TB was so bad, an unnamed player admitted they just tried to figure stuff out by themselves because Lovie's daughter didn't have a fucking clue) probably find a couple of his cronies that are out of a job, and probably find an ex-bear or 2 to fill out the staff. He'd better find him a couple recruiters though, because I can't see him doing much of that, if at all.

I see some Iliini people excited about this, and compared to Cubit I would be too, but I can't see him doing much more than going 6-6 every year. Here are some of the adjustments I see him making against various offenses:

Air Raid: Cover 2
Wishbone: Cover 2
Pistol: Cover 2
Flying V from Mighty Ducks: Cover 2

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I think he'll be great. He is a better fit for college game, and I'll take consistent 6-6 over 3 coaches in the past year.

Looks like Garrick McGee is the favored OC candidate now.

Craig7835

Tedford... i dunno for some reason he seemed to just get to Tampa and change his mind.. the few interviews he did he seemed about as excited as Clay Aiken reading the SI Swimsuit edition. Then he took the entire season to recover from what's typically a 2-3 week off surgery, then just sorta went away. Everyone tried to deflect criticism away from Lovie, but he hired the guy. Maybe figure out if he wants to be there first.

Anyway Lovie will bring his 2 shitty kids (the one he anointed secondary coach in TB was so bad, an unnamed player admitted they just tried to figure stuff out by themselves because Lovie's daughter didn't have a fucking clue) probably find a couple of his cronies that are out of a job, and probably find an ex-bear or 2 to fill out the staff. He'd better find him a couple recruiters though, because I can't see him doing much of that, if at all.

I see some Iliini people excited about this, and compared to Cubit I would be too, but I can't see him doing much more than going 6-6 every year. Here are some of the adjustments I see him making against various offenses:

Air Raid: Cover 2
Wishbone: Cover 2
Pistol: Cover 2
Flying V from Mighty Ducks: Cover 2

He'll probably get his LOYALIST Brian Urlacher to coach the LB's

Craig7835

I think he'll be great. He is a better fit for college game, and I'll take consistent 6-6 over 3 coaches in the past year.

Looks like Garrick McGee is the favored OC candidate now.

Now you know Petrino is not going to let McGee go anywhere

Craig7835

I'm not sure how you can throw shade at Urlacher.
1147051_630x354.jpg

He always had to add 5 cents on a lot of shit. Like for example: he agreed with Lovie about the offense being a "what you see is what you get" type thing. He felt the offense should be a run first pass later type of deal. One thing I did agree with him though was about Jay Cutler taking a lot of heat for not being tough,which he is tough,however Bears fans don't see it that way

Last edited: