• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Baseball/Softball Thread

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Most State shit of all time occurred, lmao. I remember sitting with my dad waiting for that 2nd Vandy game. I knew State was about to forfeit, I felt it in my bones. But his reaction was quite priceless once it was official.

I didn't hear Avent was an anti-vaxxer but I have heard rumors that him and Mark Gottfried rented out a party house for themselves to fuck coeds in back 10 years or so ago. So take that as you will.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Another sport dominated by the SEC, huh? Have any of these universities besides Vandy tried coming to play school?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Oh, a highly touted Arkansas baseball team choked?

CandidCourteousChamois-size_restricted.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Ten years ago or so the west coast schools were so much fun. Tons of hidden ball tricks and less conventional play. Not sure if they are still like that, but hope so. FUN

Skeeter

Uber felon
Is that gun considered accurate or is this like college 40 times that never hold up in reality.

bruin

Been keeping up with Bruins softball. Top 5 squad. Pitching is levels above. Bruins baseball seems like a rebuilding year, but just pulled in a # 1 class (CROOTS)

I see UCLA baseball is also in Houston this weekend. @gator

Bruce Wayne

Is that gun considered accurate or is this like college 40 times that never hold up in reality.

You need to subtract 5-7 mph from all of the guns used today. They measure mph out of the hand instead of from 10-15 feet in front of home plate.

Nolan Ryan would be throwing 108 on todays guns. Todays 95 is 88-90 from 25 years ago. The average MLB fastball is still 87 mph.

Bruce Wayne

So no one ever pulled the trigger of a radar gun until the baseball was close to the plate until 2010?

The old guns didn’t read the speed of the object out of the hand like the new ones do.

Do you remember when the Juggs guns came out in the early 90s and everyone said that was the “fast” gun. Same principle because the Juggs gun were reading the speed of the ball sooner.

If you haven’t watched Fastball, you should check it out. It’s @Reel e good.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Physicists say that movie wrong doe.

Link?

This doesn't pass the eye test to me. I've been around baseball my entire life. An 84-mph fastball in the 90s looks the same as it does today. You're trying to tell me that me, Mills, and any pitcher throwing mid-80s back then was actually throwing 90+ mph? :laughing:

ZackMills

Have mercy
Link?

This doesn't pass the eye test to me. I've been around baseball my entire life. An 84-mph fastball in the 90s looks the same as it does today. You're trying to tell me that me, Mills, and any pitcher throwing mid-80s back then was actually throwing 90+ mph? :laughing:

Pitching Ninja had a video about it awhile back and said something about talking to them and they were skeptical. Think the movie EXTRAPOLATES.

Bruce Wayne

Link?

Did you want to throw to a juggs gun or a ray gun?

The movie fastball provides more “scientific “ information than the pitching ninja video. There is certainly extrapolation because they using video but they make a better case than anything else I’ve seen.

I think the 7mph difference might be a stretch but 4-5 would be accurate.