• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College football 2019 bad

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Welcome to 2019 were the game of football causes broke brains and other disability so Americans can have an excuse to drink poison and yell at their Television. A grand spectacle and economic boom for everyone involved*.nThis thread is dedicated to making fun of this garbage sport for idiot babies. It is also intended as a quarantine for stuck-up lady-boys who can't handle a mans game.

2018 NCAAF COACHES SALARIES

AS OF 4/1/19
1 Alabama NickSaban $8,307,000
2 Michigan JimHarbaugh $7,504,000
3 TexasA&MJimbo Fisher$7,500,000
4 Auburn GusMalzahn $6,700,000
5. Georgia Kirby Smart $6,600,000

Top 5 Heisman Candidate Salaries:
1. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson $0
2. Tua Tugilova, Alabama $0
3. Adrian Martinez, Nebraska $0
4. Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma $0
5. Justin Fields, Ohio State $0

This article was written by David Marcus of the Federalist. It hurt a lot of my soul to venture to that site so please don't take this thread lightly. I edited his article heavily because he gets on a soapbox about how great the NFL in the 2nd part of the article. The NFL is bad but at least the actual players are compensated for their labor

Another college football season is upon us. Another five months of blowouts, turnovers, punt returns for touchdowns, and drunken 19-year-olds has launched. This unique American tradition of pretending that college students are opting into an athletic activity, rather than colleges filling their purses as the minor leagues of actual football is, well, not very good football.

Watching Alabama crush some small school into dust is about as entertaining as a Hallmark Christmas movie, and frankly appeals to the same audience.

I know this makes me come off as some elitist Northeastern denizen of a big city looking down my nose at the bread and butter of the country, but I’m right. College football is no beautiful game, it is a panoply of individual talent and mistakes. It is, almost always, one bigger, better endowed team with a sleazy coach who is good at recruiting destroying some other team where the players might actually be trying to get a degree, rather than auditioning for NFL general managers.

Are college football games exciting? Occasionally they are, but rarely and only in the last frantic 10 minutes when some “oops” happens. Oh, look, that kid tripped and fumbled the ball, we win!

Just look at last night’s battle between Florida and The University of Miami, It was a symphony of sloppiness and poor play.

The fact that 100,000 thousand adults will file, full of booze, into Michigan’s stadium to watch 19-year-olds play a pathetic version of a man’s game should trouble us. The millions, maybe billions of dollars that adults spend betting on it should too. Aggrandizing a mediocre display of athletics does not accrue to the common good.

The college football fan is like the dad who takes his kid to a minor league baseball game because it’s less expensive but pretends it’s because these players are playing for love of the game.

Lol, just lol, if you watch college sports ball

https://thefederalist.com/2019/08/26/college-football-is-trash/

*Except the labor

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
New Shats avatar + New Shats thread

giphy.gif

Dr. Shats Basoon

Can we also talk about this in the article?

And the whole article is about how the NFL is better than college football...
giphy.gif
Yes the article started promising and ended terrible which is what's about expected from the Federalist. I was too high to bother looking for another.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
is Justin Fields a real player or did you just throw a fake name on there?

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
To pretend either is a SALARY is the most silly!

To pretend that the Comp number for the coaches is all celery is also silly. I’m sure thur r bonuses and other whatnots built into that. Maybe even imputed income for use of the company car! IF we are going to be PACIFIC let’s reely be PACIFiC! Should say “total Comp” not “salaries”. Then u need the bag man money.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
To pretend that the Comp number for the coaches is all celery is also silly. I’m sure thur r bonuses and other whatnots built into that. Maybe even imputed income for use of the company car! IF we are going to be PACIFIC let’s reely be PACIFiC! Should say “total Comp” not “salaries”. Then u need the bag man money.

Damn right, not everybody has a bagman bagperson like Aunt Becky!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: @Travis7401 was fucking owned

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think @Bmack is supporting my point! If we add bag man money for the atholetes, we need to add all the other compensation for the corches! Trog apples to trog apples!

Dr. Shats Basoon

My name is Justin Murphy. And according to sources I am no longer apart of the 2019 Houston Cougar Football Senior Class. A senior class that is the first group to experience a head coach and administration to actively tank a football season. (THREAD)

(1/2) To give a little chronological context as to why I am no longer with the team, I want to take it back to how the season began. We started off the season on a primetime Sunday night vs. Oklahoma University.

(2/2) After receiving a tick in the loss column, we would go on to play 4 games in 19 days. A schedule unprecedented.

The motivating speech to get the labor force (players) through the gauntlet of the University of Houston’s attempt at capitalism? “Nobody watching is gonna care so we can’t care either!” One harsh truth of the nature of football. We would go on to hold a record of 1-3.

Despite the record, we can all hope that the TV revenue produced in those four games was worth it. As for me at the age of 23 and 3 prior knee surgeries, it was the hardest thing as an athlete I’ve ever done.

I at least hope my time as a 4 game starter warrants the only guaranteed compensation I have, a single semester full athletic scholarship valuing at $14,686.71.

1570824413215.png

The only other things I have left guaranteed as a result of my time in college football; a 4th and 5th knee surgery and undoubtedly a case of CTE.

Following the fourth game on 9/19/19 I would be advised to receive an MRI in order to proceed with further injections into my right knee, an injury ridden joint starting back to my first year starting at Texas Tech.

The MRI would reveal yet another torn medial meniscus and a torn and presumed “dead” ACL. An injury that if self-preservation is in mind, I would be advised by a doctor to medically retire.

That Monday I learned that the Head Coach of the Houston Cougars football team had personally contacted several seniors and asked them if they would redshirt for the 2019 football season, in order to “develop” and come back in 2020.

All seniors which greatly contributed to the little success we had done up to that point. Two of the seniors would go on to accept this invitation, including the preseason Heisman dark horse QB.

My reaction can be summed up by a quote I said earlier in the season, “I call bullshit when I see it.” As a second time graduate transfer that was recruited to Houston on verbal confirmation that we intended to win now, Coach’s actions in a lot of way’s proved otherwise.

But it’s like corporate tax evasion, it’s all within the rules and with the long-term success of the program in mind.

I would continue to go to work that week, participating in the full speed contact practices in preparation of the game. However, that Friday I was told to remain off the plane and stay in Houston in order to “heal up mentally and physically.”

Forcibly taking away one of the reasons why I came to this University in the first place. A suspension that came based on the logic that I was a distraction and not committed to the team.

Coach left practice that day stating, “If you’re not 100% committed to the team then don’t get on the bus.” Ironic in light of recent events.

As anyone who’s participated in sports knows, playing through an injury that can progressively get worse takes a certain level of motivation within himself/herself, and a level of commitment from the team in which he/she plays for.

In my circumstances I could no longer meet that criteria. I decided to focus on self-preservation rather than the win and losses. A common theme in the history of the 2019-20 Houston Cougar Football season.

Safe to say there was no love lost between myself and the ole’ head coach. Only reason I say this is because when I went to say my piece on the matter and to swallow my pride and thank him for this opportunity, I was met with a reaction I did not expect.

Holgorsen sat at a desk, eyes glued to a monitor and replied with 13 words. “I don’t have time to talk, I only have time to coach.” and “O.K.” As if I didn’t deserve an eye to eye farewell or a proper handshake.

As a person that is guaranteed a non-salary compensation of S3.4 million to go along with a $300,000 base salary for the 2019 year, one might think you’d have a better outlook on the players that contribute to your compensation. I mean this is a team sport, right?

mentions

As officially only a student, I plan to complete my goal of earning a Master’s in Global Retailing. A goal that I’m positive the administration and the coaches here at the University of Houston share with me.

To my teammates that I played with up to this point. Thank you. It’s the people in the locker room that makes the shit not seem so shitty.

As a letterman and soon to be alumni of this University, I honestly wish this program the best of luck moving forward. And thank you to the fan base, which are the pillars in which athletic programs stand on.

One might look at my collegiate athletic career as a series of unfortunate events, but if a long football career has taught me one thing it’s you can only control the things you can control. So what? Now what?

Thank you Houston and God bless. #GoCoogs

https://twitter.com/JMurphy_73/status/1182460063732158464

@coogrfan

coogrfan

Murphy came here for his final year of college eligibility on the understanding that we were in "win now" mode, only to see our coach effectively tank the season. Imo he has every right to be bitter. I'd be bitter too.