• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Copy of Larry Culpepper Golden Wax Vagina Trophy Championship - Ohio State v. Oregon

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Dauntes dad finally getting some pub with these doc pep commercials.

C3PO

Oregon 100
Ohio State 0

Ill bet all the dongs...

We can't bet dongs anymore!

Brick

Discuss. Ohio State will retroactively deserve to be in the playoff if they win. HURKA

But really, easily the biggest factor in the game is whether Bosa and Co. can get to Mariota and make plays in the backfield. If they do, and Ezekiel/Jones play as well as they have lately, Ohio State can take it. If not, Oregon should.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I don't think that guys going around just trying to sell Dr. Pepper at a game is even a real thing. This thread is invalid.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I have no comment, I will just leave mustachioed late-20s Urban Meyer here.

B6UscqZCcAEh_eD.jpg

Wooly

Discuss. Ohio State will retroactively deserve to be in the playoff if they win. HURKA

But really, easily the biggest factor in the game is whether Bosa and Co. can get to Mariota and make plays in the backfield. If they do, and Ezekiel/Jones play as well as they have lately, Ohio State can take it. If not, Oregon should.

So what is your take on that? Do they?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
The teams with the 2 worst losses of all top 10 teams this year are playing for the shampship.

anOSU still doesn't deserve to be there.

Goodbye, regular season. You were what made this sport great. You will be missed.

-YTC

Brick

Ohio State has never lost to Oregon (8-0), don't see that changing.
solid zeek analysis.

devon allen is out. boo.

hoping it turns into a track meet, as always.

would be pretty disappointed with a loss. i'm hoping all of the energy it took to beat alabama and prove the haterzzz wrong takes a toll on them. i think oregon will dwell less on their win yesterday. seemed to be more of a championship atmosphere after the sugar vs the rose. and rightly so.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Worried about how familiar each team is with the other's offensive system too.

Yeah, I wonder if this is going to be like the Oregon-Auburn shampship game where everyone's expecting a 59-56 game and it ends up being low scoring because they're so used to each other's style of play.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Seems possible. If it is a shootout, that favors Oregon obviously, because they're not on their third string signal caller. Ohio State needs to find success in the run game early.

I just want a really good game. I don't mind either team winning.

Brick

Yeah, I wonder if this is going to be like the Oregon-Auburn shampship game where everyone's expecting a 59-56 game and it ends up being low scoring because they're so used to each other's style of play.
i think it will be somewhere in between. both of these offenses are very deep and have so many players they can spread the ball to, so even if the other knows what's coming, they should score.

in 2010 darron thomas was not a threat to run the ball which took so much away since the DL was blowing the oregon line up and not worried about any keeps on read plays. jeff maehl was a great receiver, but the depth of skill players was nowhere near what it is today. it was basically james, barner, maehl. david and tuinei were solid and reliable, but not the best athletes.

similarly, auburn had limited options if cam newton didn't get going. he was their leading rusher and they had to rely on guys like kodi burns and philip lutzenhufdihf in the passing games.

the thing that makes ohio state and oregon so hard to stop this year is who do you key on?

thomas tyner had not played since 11/8 and had 13 carries for 124 yards yesterday. freeman, mariota, marshall, and nelson could touch the ball on any run.

even with pharaoh brown and devon allen out, oregon still has 5 people who have caught 20 passes or more. carrington has 14 catches, 2 TDs, and 291 yards over the past 2 games.

evan baylis had 4 catches going into the game yesterday, and had 6.

so the ball can go to any of:

marshall
mariota
lowe
carrington
stanford
baylis
nelson
freeman
tyner

on any play. you have to account for every eligible skill player on the field. that makes them awfully hard to stop, even if you know what play may be coming.

ohio state is the same way. especially in the passing game. no one has more than 50 catches, and 10 players have 10 catches or more. why do you think it has looked so easy for barrett and jones to step in there?

if you don't break into the backfield against these teams, you have little chance of stopping them.

if ohio state doesn't get to mariota and make plays in the backfield, they are toast. as oregon's defense showed yesterday, they will be content to let teams chip away and hope they make mistakes. i don't expect this to change with jones at qb.

i don't see a scenario where ohio state wins if they aren't mauling oregon's o-line. but given what i've seen of them, that's not out of the realm of possibility. oregon showed that vulnerability against teams like utah, arizona, michigan state at points during the season, but mariota bailed them out and the line is healthier now.

Last edited:

Iron

I think Virginia tech is going to have a hard time with Arizonas Qb. Sec wins or something

bruin

it was funny to me to see Tyner trucking out there. So many people forgot about him. He'd be a starter at pretty much any other Pac-5 school in the country. Shows how good Freeman is.

bruin

Also, buckeyenation needs to come back for this. Even if it's just for that night. Make it happen.

Brick

I tried to recruit him to the new board already. He, sojon, and gohuskies are all jaded grumps about it.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The Internet is serious business

I don't get taking this place that seriously. You can take it plenty seriously while still maintaining a sense of humor about it. Kellafail was dumb as hell but it didn't make me quit, lol

Brick

in buckeynations case, the poor soul has five kids I think. Just had another. He told me he doesn't have the time. Gohuskies and sojon were brooding to each other just the other day. Haha

Brick

And
uckeynation works in a kitchen I think. No time at HARD WORK WORK for utopia blue collar folk

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Nonsense. Silberwheels posts a lot, works a lot, and is really rolling the dice on developing cirrhosis and he can't do all 3 of those things simultaneously all day. He makes all of that a priority

Skeeter

Uber felon
I'm confused by the I have no time for message boards comments. I mean this board takes up about .01% of my life. Who doesn't have 15 minutes to check in from time to time?

Oh...My analysis is both offenses will be good. It will come down to defense. No idea who's is better.

defense wins shampships!

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Between utopia and texting Utopians and gchatting Utopians utopia probably takes up 10 percent of my waking hours

Iron

You will remember this game for centuriesssssssssssssssssssssssssss dadadadadadada

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ok cool, let's get 3 people to confirm, then 2 to show up in the lobby and the 3rd to take 45 minutes to sign on and then Pavel can say he'll come play but the other 2 have already left the lobby waiting for mr. 45 minute delay.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Ok cool, let's get 3 people to confirm, then 2 to show up in the lobby and the 3rd to take 45 minutes to sign on and then Pavel can say he'll come play but the other 2 have already left the lobby waiting for mr. 45 minute delay.
Leach fell asleep.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I really am available. I'm not on PSN but I could be at a moment's notice and I won't "forget" to check my alerts.